Another late switch to radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotchandsoda

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I posted this in the chance me thread, so sorry for the double post. I was initially interested in psych but was turned off during my last elective in psychiatry. My next favorite thing was diagnostic radiology, I was not too interested in IR. I got 240s(lower) in step 1 and 220s(lower) in step 2 (I had a family emergency the days before my test and could not focus, do not know whether to bring this up at all). I wanted to go to a mid-tier academic program in a city and wanted to know if it was possible for me.

I was thinking like NYC, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Virginia, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, South Carolina.

Do I have a shot at a programs like NYU, UMD, Temple, Jeff, Stony Brook, UCONN?

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely have a shot at an interview at some of those places. Apply broadly and you will be fine.

No real shot at NYU but probably for Stony Brook and UConn (though personally unfamiliar with these two).

Members don't see this ad :)
No real shot at NYU but probably for Stony Brook and UConn (though personally unfamiliar with these two).

Hmm I see, yeah I found out today that NYU is really competitive. Any insight on any of the other programs?

Hmm I see, yeah I found out today that NYU is really competitive. Any insight on any of the other programs?

I had Step 1 in 230s and Step 2 in 240s. Got interviews at Jefferson and Maryland. Didn't apply to any of those other named programs except for Temple.