Another Fun Institutional Action w/ a Twist...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustcallmeOP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AMCAS Instruction Manual 2018, page 27:

You must answer Yes to this question if you were ever the recipient of any institutional
action by any college or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or
conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment or require you to
withdraw. You must answer Yes even if the action does not appear on or has been deleted

or expunged from your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition.

If you report it as required and your undergrad institution responds to your request by saying that it has no record of IAs committed in 2011 (or whenever), then the medical school is likely to be satisfied with that response. The alternative would be for the medical school to assume that you are lying about having an IA when you don't actually have an IA and that seems completely crazy, doesn't it?

Reactions: 1 users
That is a good idea. I will have to keep in touch with the office that I called today to explain how this will occur. They seemed a bit confused as to why I was calling. Is it likely that they are not familiar with this process?