Annals of Internal Medicine: PT as good as surgery for LSS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCommonSense

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Surgery Versus Physical Therapy for Treating Lumbar Spinal Stenosis | Annals of Internal Medicine | American College of Physicians

Im confused, JAMA said that early PT showed no benefit compared to doing nothing.

Now the Annals of Internal Medicine claim PT is as effective as surgery for LSS with fewer side effects over the long term.

Can't keep this stuff straight.

Think I'll just prescribe the DRX 9000 machine and call it a day!

According to Chou, this crap really works and is cost effective at 9000 dollars for 1 month of treatment!

Stuff brings nutrients into the discs and stuff which cures DDD and Stenosis!

Members don't see this ad.

another way to look at it - almost nothing helps. one exception - explaining to patients their diagnosis and prognosis. if done properly a well done explanation can help a great deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Look up the first author. See what organizations fund him. Interesting pattern with these guys. It almost looks like a government funded agenda to twist science in favor of low cost treatments. I just can't believe it!

Look up the first author. See what organizations fund him. Interesting pattern with these guys. It almost looks like a government funded agenda to twist science in favor of low cost treatments. I just can't believe it!

Nah that would be a "conspiracy"