Anesthesiologist position in SW Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excalibur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anesthesiologist Job Opening

My group is looking for a physician to join our hospital employed group of 7 doctors and 6 CRNAs. We have a very friendly working environment with an excellent compensation and benefits package. All membership fees, DEA fees and Licensing fees are paid for by the hospital. Each physician gets an additional $3,000 CME allowance. Physicians do their own cases as well as non-medically direct CRNAs. We are a Level III trauma center. We also have a labor and delivery unit with approximately 100-110 deliveries per months. Our call schedule is approximately 1:8 first call as well as 1:8 back up call. Each day we have 3 people on call: Physician on the first call, CRNA on second call and another physician on back up call.

We are involved in a wide variety of cases such as Cardiac, Thoracic, Vascular, OB/GYN, Urology, Orthopedics, ENT, EP lab, General. Cardiac experience with TEE proficiency or Cardiac Fellowship is a plus.
Physicians are usually involved with doing more complicated cases such as Cardiac, Thoracic, Vascular, Craniotomies, EP lab, trauma, or any sick and unstable pt. CRNAs are usually assigned cases with healthier pts.

Compensation and Benefits

Compensation is $370,000-$425,000 plus $20,000 bonus.
Hospital pays for Malpractice, Medical, Dental and Vision, Short and long term disability.

Retirement plan 401a and 457b

PM me for additional info. Feel free to send CV

-excalibur

Members don't see this ad.

This job is better than most 'AMC' positions. It's a decent hospital employed position except for the CRNA issue which is very close to a collaborative model. The hospital is saving about $900K by using the collaborative model.

It's worth a look in this job market if you like the location and can "live with" the collaborative model.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, Blade.

I enjoy the gig very much. We just have a couple of partners who are leaving, and we need to replace them with good people. So if anyone on SDN is interested, come give me a PM.

General, ENT, neuro, ortho, urology, gyn, OB, a little bit of peds. All at one location at our community hospital. Mix of doing your own cases and non-medically directing CRNAs.

Job seems to get the BLADE stamp of approval. What else can you ask for?

For those who are interested, PM me so w can discuss further.

-excalibur

Members don't see this ad :)
Somehow I've not had much exposure to this "collaborative model". Is this one where the CRNAs are independent and MD's are called for "consults"? Why is that desirable? Doesn't the MD's get dumped on with difficult cases? I don't mean any offense at all, excaliber. I am genuinely curious about the logistics and finances of this practice model.

Yes, please explain how the non medically directed thing works. You don’t really supervise them, but you’re responsible for screw ups?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This model is too big of a legal unknown for me. No offense, just wondering what would happen if one of your CRNAs charted that they collaborated with you and then something happened. I can’t see how you wouldn’t get drug into that.

The OP never said this was a "collaborative model". That was all Blade.
OP said that they "non medically direct" meaning supervise. As in the whole TEFRA? thing isn't followed but the person supervising isn't in a room doing their own cases either.

I interviewed there and this is what was explained to me.

Is Everything Blade says golden? Lol

We are Hospital employees on a salary.

Most days we are doing our own cases. When we are running the board, we are supervising four CRNA rooms. Non-medically directing means that the anesthesiologist does not need to be present for induction or emergence.

We are Hospital employees on a salary.

Most days we are doing our own cases. When we are running the board, we are supervising four CRNA rooms. Non-medically directing means that the anesthesiologist does not need to be present for induction or emergence.
You didn't correct Blade's post when he said "close to collaborative". And that's where it took off.