anesthesia positions in multiple locations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

painj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We have a company that is currently looking for anesthesiologists to join them. They have varied locations and types of practices in which they manage.
I have listed out the areas here--and if they are of further interest to you-I have attached the link where you can see the full description, etc of each. The company is clinic

Conn-join a large health system in the state
Practice and Live/Physian Jobs and Phycian Recruitment

Illinois-about 60 miles from downtown Chicago-joining hospital based practice for both inpatient and outpatient work

Maryland-join the team at a highly regarded teaching hospital-great family area/location

New Jersey-technology rich environment in a great location of the state

New Hampshire-one of the largest system in New England

New York-multiple opportunities in the boroughs as well as through Long Island and upstate

Penn-Excellent area and teaching hospital facility in need of anesthesiologist

Virginia-Beautiful area, top community hospital and excellent compensation package

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry-but this is lost on me-another what?

Members don't see this ad :)
Another recruiter trolling for CVs. Maybe provide some actual information people care about beyond "beautiful location in Virginia." What is the pay? What is the average weekly/monthly workload? How much call? How many weeks vacation? Benefits?

Reactions: 1 users
To answer:
I am not trolling for cvs. I think you may not know what that is. The troll would be someone who has no interest in the forum post and comments on it to make somebody feel bad. Which you have been successful at. I have not done anything to you other than post easy to read jobs with a link for more information if it is of interest.

And I am not a fake recruiter. I have been doing this for over 20 years. You haven't seen my posts before as I am doing a favor for a client as I usually work with pain management. I have been a member here for 7 years with no incidents.

If you don't want to see jobs on your forum-it would make sense to take this section down.

I don't list that added information as if some one is not interested in the job locations there is no need to publicize salaries and benefits and what not. I am certain you don't want all that information on a simple forum posting. That doesn't make sense. I am not asking anything of anyone if they have interest in these locations there is a place that they can go to.

If I have performed on here in a way that it does somebody wrong- please let me know. However as I see it- I have done everything correct. The backlash seems to be of a personal nature for some reason - this is unfair.

Reactions: 1 users
It is NAPA. If you google 213 bed hospital in Connecticut, the result comes up Backus Hospital/The Hospital of Central Connecticut, which is a NAPA location. Just apply directly to NAPA if you want one of these positions. We all know NAPA is recruiting. Why go through a middleman?

I don't list that added information as if some one is not interested in the job locations there is no need to publicize salaries and benefits and what not. I am certain you don't want all that information on a simple forum posting. That doesn't make sense. I am not asking anything of anyone if they have interest in these locations there is a place that they can go to.

This is an incorrect assumption. You can take the advice or not. Many people have geographic flexibility. I am telling you that we want to see job postings with important information...salary, workload, call frequency, etc... Anything else just seems like typical recruiter bait and switch techniques.

And if this is a front for NAPA, I hope I did hurt your feelings. It is funny how desperate they are becoming.

It is NAPA. If you google 213 bed hospital in Connecticut, the result comes up Backus Hospital/The Hospital of Central Connecticut, which is a NAPA location. Just apply directly to NAPA if you want one of these positions. We all know NAPA is recruiting. Why go through a middleman?

They are going through a middleman because they are desperate. I know a number of the NAPA hospitals cannot recruit and are heavily relying on locums at the moment.

The word is out on NAPA and new grads are largely staying away from this AMC.

The Illinois location

Melville, NY – January 20, 2015
North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA), the largest single specialty anesthesia and perioperative management company in the United States, recently announced its partnership with Riverside Medical Center and its affiliated ASC, Riverside Ambulatory Surgery Center, part of Riverside HealthCare, located in Kankakee, Ill. NAPA will serve as the exclusive provider of anesthesia services, and will align with the administrative and clinical leadership at each facility to provide the highest quality of perioperative care. The onsite, board-certified anesthesia team will be led by the site’s Anesthesia Chair, Oleg Korolev, MD.

“We are delighted to be partnering with Riverside, an innovative provider of healthcare services that shares our vision to reinvent care across the continuum with the utilization of cutting-edge technology and solutions.” said John Di Capua, MD, CEO of NAPA. “We are confident NAPA’s one-of-a-kind programs designed to enhance the overall service experience will deliver significant value to Riverside.”

Maryland location is sinai hospital of Baltimore , etc, etc.

Thanks for all that everyone who has posted back. As I mentioned-I just listed the jobs. Didn't mean to do anything to anybody.
Not all recruiters are trying to "get you"

I had a very close friend of mine die from incorrect anesthesia during a surgery a couple of years ago--but I don't have it out for all anesthesiologists.

There are companies who need recruiters help to fill slots that they have open.

If I had posted more information about each position-it is clear that this would be an opening for more insult and ridicule.
I won't post other jobs on here-obviously. Again-I did not do anything to any of you to warrant these responses-from degrading me, my profession and industry, my recruiters as I own this company, and seemingly wanting to take away our business by calling out who the client is. It doesn't make sense at all.

I don't need advice on how to post jobs-I have been dong this for two decades just fine. You may know how to make recruiters look like idiots-but you don't know how to help candidates find positions.

Again-I didn't do anything to anyone on here-my one advice would be to take this part of your forum down if you don't want jobs posted.

Just be more transparent. Nobody likes the BS smoke n mirrors that recruiters tend to use. Look at the other job listings on this forum.

NAPA staffs some great hospitals in very desirable locations. If they paid new hires what they are actually worth and treated them fairly, they'd have no problem filling those positions. People would be lining up for those jobs.

Last edited:
Thanks for all that everyone who has posted back. As I mentioned-I just listed the jobs. Didn't mean to do anything to anybody.
Not all recruiters are trying to "get you"

I had a very close friend of mine die from incorrect anesthesia during a surgery a couple of years ago--but I don't have it out for all anesthesiologists.

There are companies who need recruiters help to fill slots that they have open.

If I had posted more information about each position-it is clear that this would be an opening for more insult and ridicule.
I won't post other jobs on here-obviously. Again-I did not do anything to any of you to warrant these responses-from degrading me, my profession and industry, my recruiters as I own this company, and seemingly wanting to take away our business by calling out who the client is. It doesn't make sense at all.

I don't need advice on how to post jobs-I have been dong this for two decades just fine. You may know how to make recruiters look like idiots-but you don't know how to help candidates find positions.

Again-I didn't do anything to anyone on here-my one advice would be to take this part of your forum down if you don't want jobs posted.

In 2017 when we have easy access to information and various forms of communication, the physician recruiting industry is a completely unnecessary middleman. It adds significant cost to the recruitment process that ends up costing the physician...indirectly. Nobody employed undercover techniques to expose your client. Instead a simple Google search made it is easy. Every single job you posted here is already posted multiple times a month on gaswork. So what added value do you bring to the table then?

Your client has a poor reputation in the anesthesia community, so I understand why you would want to keep some of that information secret. However, when you post here you should know that many of us appreciate important details about a job (pay, workload, call structure, vacation). That's just a piece of advice.

NAPA staffs some great hospitals in very desirable locations. If they paid new hires what they are actually worth and treated them fairly, they'd have no problem filling those positions. People would be lining up for those jobs.

In the NY area, they do not have trouble filling spots. They actually pay relatively fairly and treat fairly as well. In some of the more out there locations, I bet they're struggling to recruit.

Reactions: 1 user
I am doing a favor for a client as I usually work with pain management.

Again-I did not do anything to any of you to warrant these responses-from degrading me, my profession and industry, my recruiters as I own this company, and seemingly wanting to take away our business by calling out who the client is. It doesn't make sense at all.

Calling it a "favor" may be a stretch. How about "capitalizing on a potential new cash cow".

In the NY area, they do not have trouble filling spots. They actually pay relatively fairly and treat fairly as well. In some of the more out there locations, I bet they're struggling to recruit.

Filling spots and keeping people in those spots are very different beasts.

Not all recruiters are trying to "get you" ... my one advice would be to take this part of your forum down if you don't want jobs posted.

I personally do not want to see this part of the forum inundated with recruiters and advertisements. This is a part of the forum more for networking. I feel I am a part of a solid, private practice group and had posted a job opening when we had one last summer. I spoke with several outstanding candidates from this forum.

I'm not trying to speak for everyone else, but we appreciate that more than just a list of numerous jobs with sparse amount of details from a recruiter for an AMC. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 2 users