Anesthesia in the Sierras

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevoflurane

Ride
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to rapid expansion and new contracts our group is looking for General, Peds and CT anesthesiologists. Group of 65. Everything except for transplants.
PM me with a PDF of your CV if interested. Thx.

-Sevo

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Due to rapid expansion and new contracts our group is looking for General, Peds and CT anesthesiologists. Group of 65. Everything except for transplants.
PM me with a PDF of your CV if interested. Thx.

-Sevo

MD only practice. We don't know what an "MDA" is or means.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tried to "start a conversation", but the forum states I cannot with you?

Strange. Been getting PMs, but did have another forum member say something similar. Maybe give it another shot ?

Thanks for posting this. Any info on the group?

Here is what I really like.

Weekend call is 1:7.5 (that is like one weekend every 2 months = great)
Location for outdoor activities are ridiculous. World Class skiing, mountain biking, boating/wakeboarding, camping, close to Napa and SF. Obligatory combined skiing + mountain biking on the same day once a year.
Easiest airport in the world. One hour Flights to Phx, Vegas, SF, San Jose, San Diego, Portland, Seatlle, etc. In other words, great access.
Great weather. Building a pool this year. Here is this week, usually we are about 5 degrees hotter this time of the year (MAY). Dry heat and mountain cool down at night. Super nice (Not Vegas or Phx heat).

FullSizeRender_zpsy0s2vrft.jpg

Money goes a long way. Housing has been increasing considerably over the last 2 years, but your money still goes a long way compared to other west coast cities.
High desert landscape... meaning high desert plants and pine trees. You can be in a forest of high desert depending on where you live in town.
One of our ski resorts received 750 inches of snow this year. Some of my partners live 15 minutes away from this particular resort.
No state income tax.
MD only practice.
Awesome case mix.
Flexibility. I have partners that are .6 FTE's and take a lot of vacation.
Great leadership and respect in our hospital systmes.
We are the big Gorilla in town. In fact, I think we are pretty much done taking over contracts (not much left that we actually want).
Awesome partners and surgeon collegues. We all hang out on the mountain and go on vacations together frequently- If you are a mountain biker, we do a yearly trip. This year it's Sedona. Last year was Bend. Year before that was Durango/Moab. A bunch of surgeons and anesthesiologist are on soccer teams and play frequently in Silver and Gold leagues (Gold leagues have ex-pro players).
Have whole foods, nice restaurants, even a total wine store for those who like hard to get beers, wines, etc.

I mean, honestly, I could go on and on.

For me and what I want out of a job... I don't think it can be beat. Definately an outdoor paradise.

Last edited:
Here is what I really like.

Weekend call is 1:7.5 (that is like one weekend every 2 months = great)
Location for outdoor activities are ridiculous. World Class skiing, mountain biking, boating/wakeboarding, camping, close to Napa and SF. Obligatory combined skiing + mountain biking on the same day once a year.
Easiest airport in the world. One hour Flights to Phx, Vegas, SF, San Jose, San Diego, Portland, Seatlle, etc. In other words, great access.
Great weather. Building a pool this year. Here is this week, usually we are about 5 degrees hotter this time of the year (MAY). Dry heat and mountain cool down at night. Super nice (Not Vegas or Phx heat).

FullSizeRender_zpsujczxpry.jpg

Money goes a long way. Housing has been increasing considerably over the last 2 years, but your money still goes a long way compared to other west coast cities.
High desert landscape... meaning high desert plants and pine trees. You can be in a forest of high desert depending on where you live in town.
One of our ski resorts received 750 inches of snow this year. Some of my partners live 15 minutes away from this particular resort.
No state income tax.
MD only practice.
Awesome case mix.
Flexibility. I have partners that are .6 FTE's and take a lot of vacation.
Great leadership and respect in our hospital systmes.
We are the big Gorilla in town. In fact, I think we are pretty much done taking over contracts (not much left that we actually want).
Awesome partners and surgeon collegues. We all hang out on the mountain and go on vacations together frequently- If you are a mountain biker, we do a yearly trip. This year it's Sedona. Last year was Bend. Year before that was Durango/Moab. A bunch of surgeons and anesthesiologist are on soccer teams and play frequently in Silver and Gold leagues (Gold leagues have ex-pro players).
Have whole foods, nice restaurants, even a total wine store for those who like hard to get beers, wines, etc.

I mean, honestly, I could go on and on.

For me and what I want out of a job... I don't think it can be beat. Definately an out door paradise.

The fact that I have so much stuff tying me down to the East Coast is bringing me close to tears after reading this description. One day...

Reactions: 2 users
One of my partner buddies texted this to me yesterday on his after work Mountain bike ride. Not the best pixalation... but you get the picture.

IMG_1495-1_zpsjnkdhjw7.jpg

We usually don't post for jobs... but our growth has been explosive and we all like time away from work... which is our goal.
Therefore we are looking to increase our numbers to about 70-75 MDs.

I don't have kids, so I'm not the best to ask this question. That being said, plenty of great neighborhoods with both public and private schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyways... we are currently interveiwing for immediate need and for 2018.
We tend to fill up pretty fast and then stay filled unless there is a retirement.
This year we took over one hospital and 2 ASC's... hence the need. We will likely not have this kind of need again once we ramp up our FTE status.
Email me your CV and either myself or our CFO (anesthesiologist in the group- super nice guy) will get in touch with you.
Thanks for looking.

-Sevo

One other thing.
We are very politically involved both at the State and National level.
If you are interested in teaching, we are also an AA training site (you don't have to teach if you don't want to as we only have a couple AA students rotating with us at any one time).

Did you guys join mednax recently? I saw a picture of Hoberg in a news item last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you guys join mednax recently? I saw a picture of Hoberg in a news item last year.

According to the web SEvo's group got purchased by Mednax in August 2016. Maybe, they have a semi-partnership deal with new hires like USAP. The large group in Vegas is hiring as well but they list USAP. Sevo's group lists Mednax as the "owner" of his group.

Thank you. I was wondering why sevo made no ref to salary or reimbursement. I mean it does sound like a great 'qol' job.

According to the web SEvo's group got purchased by Mednax in August 2016. Maybe, they have a semi-partnership deal with new hires like USAP. The large group in Vegas is hiring as well but they list USAP. Sevo's group lists Mednax as the "owner" of his group.

And there's the fly in the ointment.......

I'm not familiar with a 'semi-partnership' arrangement. What does that mean/entail?

I would not piss on MEDNAX if they were on fire.

Sure they may hire you for a "great" job in a great location but they are ALWAYS going to be STEALING money that is rightfully yours. You are a fool if you think otherwise. Your locale may be able to decide your time off, vacations, etc. but you will always be beholden to corporate bastards.

My guess is that a semi-partnership means that after you have completed your obligatory "buy-in" of several years or whatever, then you are a "partner". Except you don't get to keep your fair share of the corporate profits and at least half go to the real owners of the business.

The chickens are coming home to roost with MEDNAX. The practices I am familiar with are in the midst of some big-league haggling with the corporate overlords.

Reactions: 4 users
I would not piss on MEDNAX if they were on fire.

Sure they may hire you for a "great" job in a great location but they are ALWAYS going to be STEALING money that is rightfully yours. You are a fool if you think otherwise. Your locale may be able to decide your time off, vacations, etc. but you will always be beholden to corporate bastards.

My guess is that a semi-partnership means that after you have completed your obligatory "buy-in" of several years or whatever, then you are a "partner". Except you don't get to keep your fair share of the corporate profits and at least half go to the real owners of the business.

The chickens are coming home to roost with MEDNAX. The practices I am familiar with are in the midst of some big-league haggling with the corporate overlords.

I'm anti-AMC but not as anti-AMC as you clearly are; if Mednax offered me a decent job at my age (let's say mid 50's) at a fair wage then I'd consider it. I'm not looking for partnership any longer. Second, maybe some new grads just want a decent job and not gamble with partnerships? All MD groups are hard to find and I wouldn't piss on this job until Sevo divulges all the details.

One last thing: Mednax can likely bill 50% more per non CMS case than SEVO's former group. That's a lot of cash for the overlords to keep while still paying the employee 80-90% of what the former partner's salaries had been in the past.

One last thing: Mednax can likely bill 50% more per non CMS case than SEVO's former group. That's a lot of cash for the overlords to keep while still paying the employee 80-90% of what the former partner's salaries had been in the past.

Except they are not. Instead they are answering to corporate shareholders.

If someone could bill 50% more per unit in my practice, Mednax would be taking home a heck of a lot of money after paying me 400k. Close to 250k is what they would be stealing per doc. No fair. I ain't working for an AMC. Ever.

If someone could bill 50% more per unit in my practice, Mednax would be taking home a heck of a lot of money after paying me 400k. Close to 250k is what they would be stealing per doc. No fair. I ain't working for an AMC. Ever.

Never say never. ;)

Wow... been off this thread for a while.

I'm anti-AMC but not as anti-AMC as you clearly are; if Mednax offered me a decent job at my age (let's say mid 50's) at a fair wage then I'd consider it. I'm not looking for partnership any longer. Second, maybe some new grads just want a decent job and not gamble with partnerships? All MD groups are hard to find and I wouldn't piss on this job until Sevo divulges all the details.

Def. a great job in a great location... but don't take it from me.

No longer looking. Thx to those who applied. Apologies if you didn't hear from us.