An open forum.. "Step 2CK doesn't insult my intelligence."

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At issue, has anyone found Step 2CK to be slightly insulting... ?

Members don't see this ad.

nope ... like bad English, crazy syntax, and absurd descriptions of medical conditions that would never be acceptable in a hospital

Sent from my SM-N900V using SDN mobile

for example... if you were discussing with the ER resident, a patient's back pain, and you brought up their history of poison ivy dermatitis, you would, of course, look like you had no idea what you were talking about ... why is it any different.. just because it's an exam they can be confusing...? Since when?

Someone should inform the licensing board that it's not the 19th century anymore ... and that we renounced those learning philosophies (at least in this country) more than a century ago...

Members don't see this ad :)
honestly.. just save it.. another example... blah, blah complicated patient ...
"but recently had his teeth cleaned"
why should we practice reading something whose inclusion in patient note would nearly be grounds for dismissal?

very confusing to go from extreme medical terminology to mundane description of simple life event...
but... can cause death... thank you for filling me in... this just makes me want to go get a "can of beer"

Is this the 19th century or am I "responding to internal stimulus"... fundamental errors are fundamental...

Last edited:
honestly.. just save it.. another example... blah, blah complicated patient ...
"but recently had his teeth cleaned"
why should we practice reading something whose inclusion in patient note would nearly be grounds for dismissal?

very confusing to go from extreme medical terminology to mundane description of simple life event...
but... can cause death... thank you for filling me in... this just makes me want to go get a "can of beer"

Is this the 19th century or am I "responding to internal stimulus"... fundamental errors are fundamental...

upload_2017-4-17_21-57-6.png

Reactions: 2 users