BOTH Am I using UWORLD correctly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm using it as a learning tool. I'll go through the questions on tutor mode, spend about 75 seconds on each question, then review the information provided after submitting my response. I make anki cards for questions I get wrong and/or facts about other things I may not have known. I'd say it takes about an hour to go through 20-25 questions. I'm hoping to get through all of UWORLD once before dedicated, then go back through it again, while also hitting those UWORLD anki cards starting in April (amongst other things)

Am I taking too long to get through/review questions? Does my strategy sound effective?

Members don't see this ad.

Right now I'm using it as a learning tool. I'll go through the questions on tutor mode, spend about 75 seconds on each question, then review the information provided after submitting my response. I make anki cards for questions I get wrong and/or facts about other things I may not have known. I'd say it takes about an hour to go through 20-25 questions. I'm hoping to get through all of UWORLD once before dedicated, then go back through it again, while also hitting those UWORLD anki cards starting in April (amongst other things)

Am I taking too long to get through/review questions? Does my strategy sound effective?

sounds exactly how i'm using it, so hopefully it's the best way lol. do you just do questions that correspond with what you're doing in class?

sounds exactly how i'm using it, so hopefully it's the best way lol. do you just do questions that correspond with what you're doing in class?

ha..lets hope we're both on the right path.

I'm doing systems that have already been covered...Ill wait to do current material until after we've gone through all of it.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your strategy seems fine. And the time can differ from person to person. But you don't seem to be taking super long; it's good as long as you feel confident with it.

I can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 500 seconds for a question. This early in the game I don't think time is what you should be trying to assess but rather knowledge. I'm using UWORLD as a learning tool but also as an assessment of my current knowledge. It only makes sense to test yourself along the way in order to catch some major flaw in your material, especially for exams in classes. But who knows.. I'm "just" praying for a 240+