Alternative Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockness

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a middle school student. I make horrible grades. However, I am smart and really love math and science. For the last five years I did not try in school. Not very hard at least. In high school, next year, I'm taking all College Prep classes. I plan on making straight A's. When I do try in school, I do really well. I really, really want to be a surgeon when I'm older. I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I understand that I should've tried harder in previous school years, and I'd do anything to change it. But unfortunately, I can't. I often fear my future. If I fail high school, which I probably won't, I will kill myself. I am wondering, is there any alternative way to learning surgery? Books or online courses? So just in case if I do fail high school, I can still do that when I am older. Thank you for reading.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just get good grades and focus on getting into college, you're at least 12 years away from being able to even try to choose to be a surgeon.

Just get good grades and focus on getting into college, you're at least 12 years away from being able to even try to choose to be a surgeon.
Thanks, will do. Is it irrational for me to feel hopeless because I'm only in college prep classes and not honors? I hate seeing other people who don't appreciate math or science be in better math and science classes. They don't even know much about either of those subjects.

Thanks, will do. Is it irrational for me to feel hopeless because I'm only in college prep classes and not honors? I hate seeing other people who don't appreciate math or science be in better math and science classes. They don't even know much about either of those subjects.

It is very irrational. I pretty much failed high school. I think my HS freshman year I had like a 1.1 GPA and failed a class or two I think. I'm a junior in college now and doing pretty good, good GPA, clubs, volunteering, research etc. High school doens't matter for medical school but it's important to try to get into a good college and avoiding going into student debt from loans.

It is very irrational. I pretty much failed high school. I think my HS freshman year I had like a 1.1 GPA and failed a class or two I think. I'm a junior in college now and doing pretty good, good GPA, clubs, volunteering, research etc. High school doens't matter for medical school but it's important to try to get into a good college and avoiding going into student debt from loans.
Thank you this was very helpful. That sounded like sarcasm but it wasn't.

Thank you this was very helpful. That sounded like sarcasm but it wasn't.

I would also recommend not frequenting these forums in HS. But that's just my opinion. Just get good grades, have fun, and don't worry about being a surgeon yet. I'm sure not everyone will agree with that, just my 2 cents.

Due to concerns regarding self harm, this thread is being closed.
Above all, we want all our members to remain safe.

One free resource available in the US is the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. Their website also lists local crisis centers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.