All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
20170414_170342.jpg
Girl cat survived her first 15 minutes of this year's shave down! We'll let her chill, then get the last bits between her legs and on her apron and even out the shoulders for her mane. I leave boots on all 4 paws and I will try to just leave a tuft on her tail, but she is not impressed with tail clipping today. (I bet it is sore since she had already ripped out half her fluff trying to keep the hair mats down.:()

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
PUPPY SO CUTE. I'll take this one too. I've really been slacking on my pet claiming recently.

(though I feel like I may have already claimed your dog)

I considered it the first time you offered when he was a little barking landshark puppy, but now that I get a glimpse every once in awhile between the teenage jerk moments of how good of a dog he's going to be, you couldn't take him from me for anything :D

Reactions: 3 users
I considered it the first time you offered when he was a little barking landshark puppy, but now that I get a glimpse every once in awhile between the teenage jerk moments of how good of a dog he's going to be, you couldn't take him from me for anything :D
NOOOOOOOOOO :arghh:

(but i'm glad he's going to be a good dog for you!)

Members don't see this ad :)
She talked me out of finishing today (Actually, we went and bought candy...) But she still is purdy cute and so proud of herself! (The bald spots are where she pulled mats already)
20170414_201321.jpg

And yes, I have a giant belly and am wearing horizontal stripes. Deal with it! :cool:(Donated clothing first off, and second, I only fit into so many shirts in the last 2 weeks before giving birth)

Reactions: 6 users
Got Mocha yesterday. 6yo (almost 7yo) spayed female, sweetest doggo on earth! Got some separation anxiety to work through, but hey, like dog, like owner. ;)

Now if I can just get my Mom and sister somewhere else... (Friday can't come soon enough!)

Attachments

• 2017-04-17 09.08.02.jpg
    2017-04-17 09.08.02.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20170416_120951.jpg
    20170416_120951.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 13 users
Got Mocha yesterday. 6yo (almost 7yo) spayed female, sweetest doggo on earth! Got some separation anxiety to work through, but hey, like dog, like owner. ;)

Now if I can just get my Mom and sister somewhere else... (Friday can't come soon enough!)
She's so pretty!!!!! Congratulations on your new doggy!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

She's so cute! I'm glad you finally got your beagle.

My handsome boycat! :love:

Tried to pose him for photos, he then threw the Easter basket on the floor and jumped down to investigate the mess he created. At which point I snuck this shot. The naughty little brat. :laugh:

Attachments

• dusty.jpg
    dusty.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: 11 users

Tried to pose him for photos, he then threw the Easter basket on the floor and jumped down to investigate the mess he created. At which point I snuck this shot. The naughty little brat. :laugh:

Those eyes! :love:

Reactions: 2 users

Such a cute photo. Ugh.

I agree with I think it was @PippyPony that you should make a calendar

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

2a5xksi.jpg

These are my two pups. Dia and Charles. Believe it or not they were not forced to snuggle for the picture.

V/R
Graham.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.PNG
    IMG_0168.PNG
    589.9 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: 14 users
Hello everyone,

2a5xksi.jpg

These are my two pups. Dia and Charles. Believe it or not they were not forced to snuggle for the picture.

V/R
Graham.
@Nmlvaio101 ... your two pups, Dia and Charles, are adorable little cutie-pies - great photograph!

Last edited:
Hahaha!

@SkiOtter ... if you like cats, dogs, horses, birds ... dolphins, whales, deer, bobcats, raccoons, and sea otters loafing around in the ocean ... you can bring @cdoconn with you.

Then, both of you can claim as many animals as you want ... and open your own zoo!

cat222.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Mittens is adorable, but her black coat makes it difficult to get a clear picture of her cute little rabbity face, so it's nice when I find decent lighting.

Look at that little face.

mittens stands.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Mittens is adorable, but her black coat makes it difficult to get a clear picture of her cute little rabbity face, so it's nice when I find decent lighting.

Look at that little face.

View attachment 217922
@Jess Monster ... your bunny Mittens is really cute and her black fur looks really soft and shiny. Great photo!

Reactions: 1 user
That's right ... it's zoo time ... and now, I'll claim @WildZoo.

Same thing for @Coopah and Coop can bring her husband, too.

The more, the merrier!

View attachment 217934
Hahaha, I told him to get his own account so he can join in on the craziness not just quietly endure people making him feel awkward on rabbit. But alas, he feels it wouldn't be right because he's not a pre-vet. Thanks Doc-S, you're the best!

My poor baby had 21 teeth pulled today. I feel like a bad mom. I knew he was going to need extractions and was expecting all of his incisors to come out and potentially 3 pre-molars but didn't realize it was that bad. Super happy that he has insurance and that I decided to go with a hospital that has dental rads to figure all of this out. Oh and thank god for CareCredit.

I do think I'll have to pick up some peroxide though. Poor guy is getting some bloody drool all over the place.

My poor baby had 21 teeth pulled today. I feel like a bad mom. I knew he was going to need extractions and was expecting all of his incisors to come out and potentially 3 pre-molars but didn't realize it was that bad. Super happy that he has insurance and that I decided to go with a hospital that has dental rads to figure all of this out. Oh and thank god for CareCredit.

I do think I'll have to pick up some peroxide though. Poor guy is getting some bloody drool all over the place.
@orca2011 ... very sorry to hear about your sweet baby's dental work!

I know you'll take great care of him and I wish him a very speedy recovery! :)

doggetwell.jpg

@orca2011 ... very sorry to hear about your sweet baby's dental work!

I know you'll take great care of him and I wish him a very speedy recovery! :)

View attachment 217943

Thanks! I'll try to post a picture of him too. Not sure if they do this for everyone or just because the vet who did his procedure knows I'm also a vet, but I got a flash drive with all his dental rads and intra-procedure imaging of before and after extractions which is super neat to have.

FB_IMG_1492636199674.jpg
One of my friends breeds Akal Tekis and just had a new colt born!

Reactions: 9 users
Here he is after his dental with a rad and his dental chart. The rad is of his right maxillary teeth which was by far the most affected quadrant. You can see his extra pre-molar there with with its wide root canal (well sort of...the picture was taken from my computer...) and the horizontal bone loss
17952508_10155192413114501_6910076766091982624_n.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I need some help. So I am adopting this baby and her shelter name is Coco, but I don't really want to keep that. So I was trying to think of other names and, since I'm a college softball player, the name Nokona popped into my head which is a glove brand. My teammates and I really like the name, but I want opinions from some non-softballers who wouldn't otherwise know the meaning behind it. Is it cute or is it stupid? :help:

9uU0UYPqMO7CXa3HXt5vxYV-FY0mLppFlXBim4p6MI-Lpim__EX5jFTaNMYP--SOZF-nG9AVYqArWQG58SD4cqzsCEYSjCZwmYw_4Cub4PEI439SvhKdi_gdUCNF8laoRi8xrF-Ewf1lgq7Ivdd4-VaX4qY-2U5RJ4vC0G8MyXEL5jfaxBBLRBWw6dc8v-2M2XL8b_BxaMu12104t3oyzMc3Fn4H9eirv45d5PY5ZWgwrpMvvfWbfpL88gTPEP2DE5IwzYjd1Z2RTxxQ5tfs5uTywG2F0QiUb7de2AoZIiOhDhgDtaoefd4iK1urvkHpegf7sR1mE1mwX4SGwDXOybfbhXKmdTtNiW-SrDa2HqzOQ4owSBBIqBZx4dazrvAD1Aaoxi7n5VDkcwuRx2pVP_EhBJSG2-gwLx1uOhYkVOHo1-Q2XuEI4TBsbAHIeXrqq64Mc0ulKbMG0n8CQc2jzwSHKpwgpAzJWyntK_zo_gMu1HhatRuhkgyihQ0vASrKtphacXbSYQY179SkIyQvSvQELylhVQTdfzTrDkcZcwQISq-FpB2682McVOkDh3vbbFH1RyImAIRoFu_cAc-yUavSj6ca5B5ltlNy9qbjQcV1iw8=w359-h638-no

Reactions: 5 users
Okay, I need some help. So I am adopting this baby and her shelter name is Coco, but I don't really want to keep that. So I was trying to think of other names and, since I'm a college softball player, the name Nokona popped into my head which is a glove brand. My teammates and I really like the name, but I want opinions from some non-softballers who wouldn't otherwise know the meaning behind it. Is it cute or is it stupid? :help:

9uU0UYPqMO7CXa3HXt5vxYV-FY0mLppFlXBim4p6MI-Lpim__EX5jFTaNMYP--SOZF-nG9AVYqArWQG58SD4cqzsCEYSjCZwmYw_4Cub4PEI439SvhKdi_gdUCNF8laoRi8xrF-Ewf1lgq7Ivdd4-VaX4qY-2U5RJ4vC0G8MyXEL5jfaxBBLRBWw6dc8v-2M2XL8b_BxaMu12104t3oyzMc3Fn4H9eirv45d5PY5ZWgwrpMvvfWbfpL88gTPEP2DE5IwzYjd1Z2RTxxQ5tfs5uTywG2F0QiUb7de2AoZIiOhDhgDtaoefd4iK1urvkHpegf7sR1mE1mwX4SGwDXOybfbhXKmdTtNiW-SrDa2HqzOQ4owSBBIqBZx4dazrvAD1Aaoxi7n5VDkcwuRx2pVP_EhBJSG2-gwLx1uOhYkVOHo1-Q2XuEI4TBsbAHIeXrqq64Mc0ulKbMG0n8CQc2jzwSHKpwgpAzJWyntK_zo_gMu1HhatRuhkgyihQ0vASrKtphacXbSYQY179SkIyQvSvQELylhVQTdfzTrDkcZcwQISq-FpB2682McVOkDh3vbbFH1RyImAIRoFu_cAc-yUavSj6ca5B5ltlNy9qbjQcV1iw8=w359-h638-no
Cute for sure. My cousin named his dog (also a choc lab) Bauer after the hockey equipment brand.

I vote cute! (Both the pup and the name.)

You could call her Kona for short. Or Noko.

Cute for sure. My cousin named his dog (also a choc lab) Bauer after the hockey equipment brand.

I'm not sure if she's lab or not! She's some kind of mutt thing :laugh:
Here's some more pics
FXT4A5NoGXXHTdNqXbrUpClQnUYeZXeL5sYTxvHP7VMORboNDNCmpeKtWG_5HjjiHvfEDFUEiJyZp1tUAa4XSX0lYSfRZDALn5ySkxNf9fbkmInukut6y1CgEDPbnnzGyBcNnx8jlCTJtlvX_ojV3Q6q_cx2s3qikzTaCgHQKr64fjzFZWFdC7OeYCy5wfR1FezRxmzPAH-nJ4_pZhKMty9CpbYv_vPjcACUKfiAv7UUjSscVgXYA1zDgCN1LPbCjjBzU_wNYjOdRCE1SbotXOo-NT8kAwVmmuVH76zoM4hR1PyPKbBozoDAjHHWdVFRM0a1UbbhIaE2UCEs5O9IcJwAVJSOsGKe3OQZt3jkpxMk_HWRAN4rBTkXmX_J1Kx6zOAWrt1Azg6bHh3Hzp2wOnr4YXvcZbviDV_jKp3giMp1DUs83CEl6PLj9HVWnwQBb1MuENWiZzCInf1ye6J0Bc20ZHOEBl3PEVAdZt4UGGr3w-LBki730rwqiV1QMCB5eP5NoixaPnAE_n48Iviqcvgq7irUDsXNE3nbKHA1H6WmHOK8o1iGbXmYt3bc76McQquesSvZSGiOU2YqiyGkd6BqABnK2C1WfEbpy6uJ2kyW50M=w359-h638-no
b_hzzcZKkn6Tv2E5uwQMsD2eXNVPVNVBkqtl9QWsHb-238k6-mZ6veAWKNf3LouS-YbwMJLler08F0v3b6VTFZMRkFxHqweDrWF-ucBouOd119NgKAZoOmKkSdMLLjGljus8XWXpyLMz_bQaVRorBXh33r10DSBNMaLYNH4tcV-jIxAyg-2E5Z2X4HZKj4hxHpwXYQh-kpufQRbVIJmkiekHSOFSztXA6nM9mJiJp7vIk_1YNgaIf3_NW8g3Um08yO_GX-RVxLz0xwjQTC7lZvfQc9ghB-t2HYe6XtcdxEodc1T4EO51HbIc7F-qIJzrUOi0DpP0dCDj6pEyP1PLDXgMqGwdhiRHhwoe4wxMFYL1uyZZAW_nQDwtCOOrG_zDcfPGU-_njnmSD_aQdUOdI-Ugg14dKNg5qwGNXQ82NU59zfV7VfDhG-56O8CI8_OOTn6hPuWpuAqkryyS_5H35pUIEJcfkMp_y-J7k4qtLF94YPC2SX8NlW7RylP6ZK1_0269xZaNB8dLXvWF2wPQBr3dRkJlMbHK8Alw1DRSPh1il9YSw6huvhS0azTxx4zZK9NNsxPtRFD43E4sNH60444sOxbZnvXlzcAtd8_efHd69Ns=w399-h709-no
vFWq4XXHrU7TIvFYhgF1lz-TZ0rtF1Tht7O7hcDouNW_uoRNnagG03Xu5UFq_uAu1G4vPWpFVl_mxWNpUePkA1kR1ek6dTwTgZ_VmuiOQgTGWuPYOE3HV6GX-nSokvBNzA_9nLOG4Ont5ZVBE-1OwZYO0YLtV17zp_pem8QuH1vnOkJeiT2Lo6E0uEb8ME8VOAyhtxzWUIytyHkP6uPXlmvPkxjq74PRxCa4OwSY24ywMVrj7vSXSwvtBCxvXLa0BAniFPbdICNjYifdo6_hKI2j5PR_4J7asqvRvzhE8bv5DZEKQZvO1oWA85ha-CCvLoewEEyWaAuWa_6E0o2_gQwRqO4dRqE8yagD3atjvhLYzX7P1AJIGC4BB_q_xZ5-UL1peeLZ6QUzODzn-RK4sVufiJ5EOU-5qKRW1FW3so-AgLas6wljCBJFKn3jqrnus3HnCGI5WaFZnAqm_KryQO2uSqk7TyZ2ep6CoI7KNLnWKqFsYozaoRd-Bmvj6cTPW7JDTF3X6OoPt7OwpXuGIsCqZUgz5yytJsaoBS3TiT3_kfs33US-y96sSybiIKu50JhH3rjWbMgqoI6_-eWSJJat5as7Ulh7KJc7yZBjph5oOLo=w1261-h709-no

I vote cute! (Both the pup and the name.)

You could call her Kona for short. Or Noko.
Definitely plan on calling her Kona! If people didn't like Nokona I was just going to make that her name :)

Side note:
As I was typing this a HUGE spider crawled across my laptop screen and I'm still crying

Reactions: 9 users
Cat trainers! How did you do it? I want to start training my main cat, because I think she's bored and I want to provide some constructive enrichment to her life.

Cat trainers! How did you do it? I want to start training my main cat, because I think she's bored and I want to provide some constructive enrichment to her life.
@WildZoo clicker trained her kitty!

I think @Balesofhay is in the process of training as well! Which is good, I need the grey kitty army to be well trained!

I have a book called Cat Training in 10 Minutes. It goes through how to clicker train various behaviors. My kitty loves it!

I taught her how to sign for food. She loves for me to throw her food so she can chase and eat it... piece by piece. I started signing eat before throwing it and she has started to do it. Food motivation hahah. I know either @cdoconn @SkiOtter or @WildZoo took a screenshot of it. I'm not on mobile so maybe one of them can help? :love: