Afternoon slump while studying – help needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HassanShah

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Currently, days are longer and nights are shorter. Which means the night starts at 7 PM and before that, it is the best time to study after coming from the work by 3-4PM.

But the problem is that I feel sleepy and many time falls asleep while reading, despite 7 hours sleep a day.

However, night time I am fully active, probably because of being busy with the regular life work e.g. family stuff. But I cannot give night time for study due to the noisy and disturbing environment at that time.

I really need some tips or remedy to keep me awake in the afternoon so I can study.

Thanks.
Hassan

Members don't see this ad.

As WisNeuro suggested, perhaps the quality of your sleep is not great for one reason or another. Or maybe you're one of those people who just needs more than 7 hours/night. If possible, try giving yourself an additional hour of sleep per night for a week and see if that helps. During the times I was in a similar situation, quick afternoon cat nap (no more than 20 mins) followed by caffeine usually did the trick- catnaps can be good for your alertness, just can't sleep so long that you start to go into a full sleep cycle. Alternately I've cleared a space in my house to pace back and forth slowly while reading. I really like the noise cancelling headphones idea.

Are you exercising? I find the only times I'm dragging during the day or literally falling asleep is when I've slacked on my workouts. 30 minutes of moderate cardio a few times a week (even just power walking) is enough to keep my energy levels up.