AF HPSP scholarship question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordansnfootbal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My recruiter for the AF HPSP turned in my application packet around late march, but I have not heard back at this point. Does anyone know when the last committee meeting was? I am getting anxious.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then, like many recruiters, he's lost interest in you now that you've tied your paperwork. Because it should be very easy for him to get that information for you. That is typical, but unfortunate. Get very used to this kind of thing.

Then, like many recruiters, he's lost interest in you now that you've tied your paperwork. Because it should be very easy for him to get that information for you. That is typical, but unfortunate. Get very used to this kind of thing.
Can you elaborate? Tied my paperwork? What you mean by that?

Meaning he has submitted your application and it is now out of his hands. He will direct his attention to other new recruits now that you are a done deal.
Or that he hasn't yet turned in the application to be boarded.

Meaning he has submitted your application and it is now out of his hands. He will direct his attention to other new recruits now that you are a done deal.
So this is what Im going to be expecting in military life huh ‍♂️

So this is what Im going to be expecting in military life huh ‍♂️
Not really. On active duty, they would lose your paperwork with all your personal info on it, including home address, SSN, and phone number. Then the person you gave the paperwork to will disappear completely. You will call them in a panic 1 day before the deadline and no one will know anything about it. You will redo the paperwork and have to overnight it to get it completed. That would be a more accurate depiction of military life.

Not really. On active duty, they would lose your paperwork with all your personal info on it, including home address, SSN, and phone number. Then the person you gave the paperwork to will disappear completely. You will call them in a panic 1 day before the deadline and no one will know anything about it. You will redo the paperwork and have to overnight it to get it completed. That would be a more accurate depiction of military life.
How do you avoid this?

Don't join the military.
It's not that this sort of thing doesn't happen elsewhere. But it's SOP in the military. At least it is in the Army.
Why does everyone hate the military? It cant be this bad lol

Take some time to read this forum and try to get an idea as to why most docs are not thrilled with the mil. This isn't the rule but it will perhaps open your eyes to some things you might not have otherwise considered.
Ive been reading around for awhile. Its too much to wrap my head around. Too many factors smh

He said he does not.

Agree with HighPriest. This is a problem with your recruiter not the AF (but I am not saying there aren't problems with the mil). I am very thankful that my recruiter has been very honest and open throughout this process, but in your case it looks like you will need to be more pushy with him. He won't be the type to keep you updated or willingly share information, and since this is your future be persistent to get the required info.

Agree with HighPriest. This is a problem with your recruiter not the AF (but I am not saying there aren't problems with the mil). I am very thankful that my recruiter has been very honest and open throughout this process, but in your case it looks like you will need to be more pushy with him. He won't be the type to keep you updated or willingly share information, and since this is your future be persistent to get the required info.
Ive been in constant contact with him (actually talking to him right now as we speak) and he just doesn't have the answer to when the next committee meeting is or when he will be notified. He has answered the rest of my questions this whole process