AEGD programs for international dentist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dkd93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I am interested in pursuing AGED program in US. I am a qualified dentist in INDIA and have one year of clinical experience. Could you help me with Universities which have AGED programs or similar programs for international dentists. I have successfully cleared NBDE I and NBDE II and my TOEFL score is 103.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations for achieving all that. I have the same question . Could the AEGD program help you get into a college to gain DDS or could it help you get a license to practice in the US? How is it helpful of an international dentist to practice dentistry in the US?

Congratulations for achieving all that. I have the same question . Could the AEGD program help you get into a college to gain DDS or could it help you get a license to practice in the US? How is it helpful of an international dentist to practice dentistry in the US?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can apply to aegd Programs through Adea pass. Caapid is for dmd and adea pass is for aegd and residencies. Secondly , In some Schools aegd is just one year Program. Will you get license after one year Program? No
Most of the schools have 2 year Program. Will you get license after that? Yes in few states like California , Texas, Virginia. But you always have to call that state board and check requirements.
Is it good to do aegd to get accepted at dmd?
Aegd is more competitive than dmd international program. Why?
Because in most Programs you are competing with locals grads and secondly it is cheaper than dmd . It's like Post grad Residency.
Aegd is hospital based Programs where you can get patients from first day. Dmd is a dental school where you get Training as a student and you might have to go through one year or semester learning and practising in Sim lab.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much . now it is so clear to me .