This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is a better, more up to date list of my experience applying to GPR/AEGDs

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was able to find the excel sheet finally in this comments section. If you want, I can email you. Let me know.

Can you please email me on [email protected]

Thank you for your help.

Do you have any idea about bench test/workshop for AEGD- Hialeah program?

W

Wheredid you get the interview???
Hi Dear,

Do . not gave up on Toefl. Keep taking the exam. Thats what I did. I also struggled but finally i got the scores I wanted. See Notefull and Magoosh. Both are excellent source of practice. Dont give up.

And Do you have any idea about Bench test/Workshop for AEGD-Hialeah University of Florida. What all they ask and which is the best place to go for Bench test training?

Can you please suggest.

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you please email me on [email protected]

Thank you for your help.

Do you have any idea about bench test/workshop for AEGD- Hialeah program?

Hey just see the comment above, I replied thanks to omfstrain. (Just after replying to your message yesterday). That's where you find the updated list in excel sheet. Let me know if you can't find it.

Hey just see the comment above, I replied thanks to omfstrain. (Just after replying to your message yesterday). That's where you find the updated list in excel sheet. Let me know if you can't find it.
Hi Dear, yes finally I got the list. :) Thank you for your help.

Do you have any idea about their bench test?

Guys in my original excel I missed one other program foreign graduates can apply to:

Dade County Dental Research Clinic (DBA) Florida Institute

Hi Omfstrain,

Do you have any idea about Bench test/Workshop for AEGD-Hialeah University of Florida. What all they ask and which is the best place to go for Bench test training?

Can you please suggest.

Thank you! :)

Hi, I was able to find the excel sheet finally in this comments section. If you want, I can email you. Let me know.
Could you send me a copy please? I am looking for the same
thanks

Can you please email the same to me. With thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
As a foreign trained dentist I had to do quite a bit of research to be able to apply to all these programs. This is a list of programs I was able to find that accepted foreign graduates. Although this list is current and accurate for the application year 2016-2017, I reccomend doing your own research because this can change from one day to the next. Most of these programs take ADEA PASS application but a few as you can see have their own applications and do not look at PASS (a couple like UCLA and Nova look at both PASS and their own application). I know its difficult getting information as FTD so here is a good place to start. Goodluck. And please send some positive energy my way to see if I get in somewhere.

Look below for the updated list in comment box #22.
Hey OMFSTRAIN,
I am looking forward for applying into AEGD programs. I am Qualified dentist from INDIA, with one year of clinical experience. Also I have successfully cleared NBDE I and NBDE II, Toefl 103. Kindly help me with the universities where i can apply to with these requirements.

Hi guys. My advise is to send email to all the program coordinator about their program requirement. Trust me lot of information is outdated on pass match sites. Ask if they accept ftd. Find the program that you are interested in and send email even if it says that they don't take international. You will be surprised to see the info. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm an international graduate and I got accepted into NYU Lutheran. They don't take international but sometime exceptions can be made. So trick is to email the program coordinator and directors and ask if they can accept. It's just how much effort you put and show your interest that gets you in. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an international graduate and I got accepted into NYU Lutheran. They don't take international but sometime exceptions can be made. So trick is to email the program coordinator and directors and ask if they can accept. It's just how much effort you put and show your interest that gets you in. Hope this helps.

Hello
May I ask you which NYU Lutheran is it you got into? Which state?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you tell us which state because lutheran there are a lot?Thank you very much for your information.

As a foreign trained dentist I had to do quite a bit of research to be able to apply to all these programs. This is a list of programs I was able to find that accepted foreign graduates. Although this list is current and accurate for the application year 2016-2017, I reccomend doing your own research because this can change from one day to the next. Most of these programs take ADEA PASS application but a few as you can see have their own applications and do not look at PASS (a couple like UCLA and Nova look at both PASS and their own application). I know its difficult getting information as FTD so here is a good place to start. Goodluck. And please send some positive energy my way to see if I get in somewhere.

Look below for the updated list in comment box #22.

Hi I have been called for interview in AEGD in UConn and I am really nervous about it since I have no idea of how the interviews are, or what kind or if they call many applicants etc. Please could anybody share some information?

Anyone got an interview from NOVA?
I got one, anyone knows about the bench test?

Anyone got an interview from NOVA?
I got one, anyone knows about the bench test?
3 hrs bench test, mostly table top, be prepared to work with very limited burs, no hand instruments, no matrix band and retainer. You have to use your own typodont. They will not allow you to use any of your other stuff. Mostly premolar cl 2, molar pfm, incisor FCC, molar access opening.
But you never know what they are going to ask this time.
Good luck

3 hrs bench test, mostly table top, be prepared to work with very limited burs, no hand instruments, no matrix band and retainer. You have to use your own typodont. They will not allow you to use any of your other stuff. Mostly premolar cl 2, molar pfm, incisor FCC, molar access opening.
But you never know what they are going to ask this time.
Good luck
Do they specify what typodont to bring? how do you know which endo teeth you have to bring?

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea about the UF bench test?

Thanks OMFSTRAIN for the details on the AEGD and GPR program.I am a foreign trained dentist with a Dental public Health degree from UCL London. I have also worked for as a public health consultant with UNICEF in India. I moved to the US this year and I am planning to pursue AEGD.
I haven't given my INBDEs and have not started the procedure.
I need some guidance going forward. Is the best option goin for AEGD, I have done a lot of research myself and looks like AEGD is more clinical.
Also as far as I know to pursue a career in dental public health one needs a dental license
Your help will be greatly appreciated

Hey,

You’ll need to give INBDE, TOEFL, possibly ADAT and bench tests depending on interview schools - then apply to DDS via ADEA CAAPID or AEGD vs DPH via ADEA PASS.

AEGD/GPR for international dentist is pretty competitive and will give you license in selected states like 1 year aegd will give you license in Virginia state only and 2 years aegd will give you in Florida.
Same goes for DPH a dental specialty - but you’ll be able to get license in few more states and also do clinical dentistry after.

I’ll say if you want to do clinical dentistry, go for DDS as you get license for all states.

Hope this answers your question

Last edited: