Advise me please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paclitaxel34

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you have some time to read my post. Med student here,not in the US but in Europe.I would like some pieces of advice as far as pediatric rheumatology is concerned.I am currently involved in some research projects in the wider field of rheumatology in which i am definitely interested. I have recently come to a conclusion that pediatrics might be more suitable for me than IM ( which i was going for). Have you met any pediatric rheumatologists? Did you discuss with them what was the readon that led them choose rheumatology as a fellowship? Is the field of pediatric rheumatology practically so small that is practically 'non-existent'. I would really appreciate every opinion since most physicians i 've met, suggest that rheumatology after IM povides more in-depth knowledge of autoimmune diseases. Thanks in advance for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

We have three pediatric rheumatologists who are fantastic, I think they tend to be at large academic centers where case load is there--- if you like I can see if one of our peds rheumatologists is willing to chat with you in detail, feel free to dm me.

I've enjoyed working with every Rheumatologist I've ever met. They are some of the smartest people I've interacted with, probably because they have to be. They typically get consulted when every other service has been unable to come up with a unifying diagnosis.

Reactions: 1 user