Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idontwearsocks

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker. Just want to start off by saying I know how slim my chances are here, but need to ask anyway. I'm afraid I'm wasting my time.

Like many of the non-trads on here, I was young and dumb. Got a ~2.25 in undergrad the first time around with nearly 160 credits.

Doing a post-bac now. Even with my 3.7 in all of my pre-reqs and upper level science and math classes, I won't be able to pull my GPA up above a 2.75 (if I even get there). This is with 3 years of GPA repair. I have tons of research and volunteering with the less fortunate.

Am I wasting my time? DO grade replacement going away was a huge blow. I'm in what most consider to be a luckier state and will be applying to my state schools next cycle. My MCAT practice steps (NS and FL1) were both above a 508 with no content review - probably because I've recently taken many of my pre-reqs. Hoping for a 513+ on the actual MCAT.

I welcome all advice. Please just be civil. Thanks SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Long time lurker. Just want to start off by saying I know how slim my chances are here, but need to ask anyway. I'm afraid I'm wasting my time.

Like many of the non-trads on here, I was young and dumb. Got a ~2.25 in undergrad the first time around with nearly 160 credits.

Doing a post-bac now. Even with my 3.7 in all of my pre-reqs and upper level science and math classes, I won't be able to pull my GPA up above a 2.75 (if I even get there). This is with 3 years of GPA repair. I have tons of research and volunteering with the less fortunate.

Am I wasting my time? DO grade replacement going away was a huge blow. I'm in a what most consider to be a luckier state and will be applying to my state schools next cycle. My MCAT practice steps (NS and FL1) were both above a 508 with no content review - probably because I've recently taken many of my pre-reqs. Hoping for a 513+ on the actual MCAT.

I welcome all advice. Please just be civil. Thanks SDN.
Read this:

Reactions: 1 user