Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

user71517

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What Step 1 score I should shoot for to be considered for interviews at strong, academic programs?

What general advice do you have for students to increase their chances of matching at a program that has never taken med students from their school? I realize this is a very big uphill battle.

How do I get involved with REI and MFM research if my school does not offer such opportunities to students, and if faculty are not willing to work with me on a new project?

What are the most important factors residency committee members take into consideration for interviews and also their rank list?

Members don't see this ad.

What Step 1 score I should shoot for to be considered for interviews at strong, academic programs?

What general advice do you have for students to increase their chances of matching at a program that has never taken med students from their school? I realize this is a very big uphill battle.

How do I get involved with REI and MFM research if my school does not offer such opportunities to students, and if faculty are not willing to work with me on a new project?

What are the most important factors residency committee members take into consideration for interviews and also their rank list?
Google NRMP for answers to a couple of these questions. Just look at the specialty you're most interested in (e.g., obgyn).

First question was answered by the poster above.
Second question: do away rotations. They need to know and like you.
Third question: any other surrounding schools?
Fourth: Interview and ranking is two very different things. What gets you the interview is your step scores, LOR and research. What gets you ranked is how well you do on the interview. First things first.

Reactions: 1 user
Let's not complicate things. Just "Shoot for the stars".