Advice...should I take the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

underdogtohopeful

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi so I've been posting around this thread and its been helpful so far in terms of not freaking out and figuring what I really need to focus on. I have my exam in 4 days and I took my last NBME today: NBME 16 = 217. Bummer. I'm a US citizen FMG interested in Family Med. My goal was a 230 and I've already postponed the exam once. I've been studying since 1st of Jan and not sure I'd want to take measures to take it later. So...Should I go for it? Or should I make some moves to postpone it?

Members don't see this ad.

You jumped 10 points from your last NBME (a couple weeks ago?). If you've already pushed it back once and you're feeling burnt out, you may just need to go for it. Extending it again may yield you diminishing returns. Spend the next 2-3 days focusing on your weak areas from today's practice test and just go for it. My opinion.

Haha yes.
Behavioral, Biostats, Genetics and Evidence based medicine were (red starred) below average. General principles was low and every thing else was either starred above, above, or a little above borderline. How would I work on Evidence based medicine? What exactly are they testing us on?
I will work on those and pray and just hope for the best.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

You jumped 10 points from your last NBME (a couple weeks ago?). If you've already pushed it back once and you're feeling burnt out, you may just need to go for it. Extending it again may yield you diminishing returns. Spend the next 2-3 days focusing on your weak areas from today's practice test and just go for it. My opinion.
Haha yes.
Behavioral, Biostats, Genetics and Evidence based medicine were (red starred) below average. General principles was low and everything else was either starred above, above, or a little above borderline. How would I work on Evidence based medicine? What exactly is being tested there?

Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate.