ADVICE on if I should take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 8095721

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if I should take step 2 CK or if I need to push it back (and should apply without a score).
I'm applying Diagnostic Radiology from a top 30 med school.
Step 1: 221 (weak sauce).
Step 2 CS: pass

UWSA 1: 209 (2 weeks ago)
UWSA 2: 240 (today)

Just about through UWorld 1x (including what I used for clinical rotations). I'm supposed to take this on Sunday.
Shelf Exams: roughly 70s
Clinical Rotations: honestly, I'll probably be in the lowest quartile (due to shelf exam scores).
Just looking to match into any rads program (going to apply to like 80 places). Might apply to a few Internal programs for back up.

Not sure what to do. Should I push back Step 2? I have come to the conclusion I'm not going to kill it, but wondering if the wide range of scores merits taking more time to study.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to figure out if I should take step 2 CK or if I need to push it back (and should apply without a score).

Just about through UWorld 1x (including what I used for clinical rotations). I'm supposed to take this on Sunday.
Clinical Rotations: honestly, I'll probably be in the lowest quartile (due to shelf exam scores).
Just looking to match into any rads program (going to apply to like 80 places). Might apply to a few Internal programs for back up.

Not sure what to do. Should I push back Step 2? I have come to the conclusion I'm not going to kill it, but wondering if the wide range of scores merits taking more time to study.
Um. Yes? You have a crap step 1 and can seemingly attain a solid step 2. I don't really see the dilemma.

Edit: ah I see. You're talking about pushing it. Is it feasible to have time for full time studying ?

Um. Yes? You have a crap step 1 and can seemingly attain a solid step 2. I don't really see the dilemma.

Edit: ah I see. You're talking about pushing it. Is it feasible to have time for full time studying ?

I'll be on an easy 4 week rotation, then a tough, full-time 4 week rotation. I could probably push it another 2 weeks from today. What do you think would be the "solid" step 2 ck score? I'd probably keep this test date if I felt confident in that 240 practice score, but it seems like a fluke after a 209 2 weeks ago...

I'll be on an easy 4 week rotation, then a tough, full-time 4 week rotation. I could probably push it another 2 weeks from today. What do you think would be the "solid" step 2 ck score? I'd probably keep this test date if I felt confident in that 240 practice score, but it seems like a fluke after a 209 2 weeks ago...
I think 240+ would do a lot for your app. In my opinion you're more likely to fluke low on a score versus high. UWSA is 160 questions. You have to be quite competent to score a 240.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

How long have you been studying for?
If you feel like you still have some fight left I would push it back.

I would finish rest of uworld then reset, do some content review on weak areas, and take NBME 4 and 6. If you can get above 230 on those you should be good because they seem to under predict by quite a bit. I would also do NBME 7 for more questions, as i had some repeats on my exam from 7.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just did nbme 4 as a baseline for my prep.

Result showed total incorrect as 86*

And assessment score as 10.

Having NOT omitted even a single question, if my incorrect answers are 86 -- the remaining answers ie. 184-86 = 98, must be probably right. If that is the case how can i have a minimum score of 10 with 98 correct answers.

I am not getting any idea of the assessment report. PLEASE HELP