Advice NEEDED :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdawgydawg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am posting this for a friend of mine who is almost in the verge of depression because she might be getting kicked out of pharmacy school.

The reason is that the school only allows a certain number of D's throughout the 6 years or so but I guess she maxed out on those D's...I am disappointed as well because I have watched her study so hard night and day working a job as well for the exams. She was never a science person and her parents kind of forced her to go to pharm school when she actually really wanted to major in business...so I feel truly sorry for her.

Currently, she has 5 years of pharmacy school debt, and has no college degree (pharm school was a 6 year program school where you have no degree unless you graduate..which is insane in my opinion honestly). So if she does get kicked out...she would only high school diploma and that's it despite having studied her butt off for 5 years...

So, could anyone please offer some wise words of advice on how to go about this situation?
Is community college an option?

And please please no discouragement or shaming, as she might be reading this as well and I don't want her to break down any more than she already is right now. :(

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Uhg this is horrible. Does she have any loans to pay off? Or did her parents pay for pharm school? Also, community college is an option. Academic wise, she can pursue an associates and then transfer to a bachelors level school and gain her business degree. After that, she can go on to an MBA. But first figure out where she is financially right now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Uhg this is horrible. Does she have any loans to pay off? Or did her parents pay for pharm school? Also, community college is an option. Academic wise, she can pursue an associates and then transfer to a bachelors level school and gain her business degree. After that, she can go on to an MBA. But first figure out where she is financially right now.

Yes unfortunately she has loans...five years worth of tuition...
I'm worried that 6 months after she drops out from school the debt payments are going to begin...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that is just heartbreaking. :(

Sorry I don't have any advice or anything. I have no idea what I would do in that situation. Not being into science and going into pharmacy anyway seems like a surefire way to not perform at your best and I'm sure the depression and stress from the first few D's just snowballed and perpetuated the cycle. :( I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: 2 users
I would suggest not to pay for the loans in case she did kicked out then apply for bankruptcy after 7 years. Meanwhile in that 7 years she can work her butt off and save some money to start her own business, because you don't need an education to be a good businessman/woman.

I was actually thinking about suggesting filing for bankruptcy too. Hm

Bankruptcy does not get rid of student loans except in very special cases, i.e. undue hardship.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for your thoughts!
She's still waiting on the Dean to email her back to schedule a meeting, and hopefully they would be generous enough to give her a chance :(
Hopefully the school will be like "if we lose this kid, we lose tuition money" because I KNOW the school is not doing well financially.
FINGERS CROSSED!!

Hopefully she can apply to a community college to get her degree and in the meantime delay her loan payments if possible...there is a loan deferment option (if she's eligible)

She's my best friend & it aches my heart to see her fall down like this ... makes me feel depressed too even when I'm finally heading off to a med school and I should be celebrating, I can't :(

Reactions: 1 users
That is so sad to read. What happened with your friend? Did they give her a chance?

That is so sad to read. What happened with your friend? Did they give her a chance?
Yes! Totally forgot to update!
She met with the president of the school and he decided to giver her another chance!!!:soexcited:
Thanks for everyone's adivce and kind thoughts:angelic:

Reactions: 3 users