Advice about Bro's during Dedicated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfguy84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dedicated period is 6.5 weeks long and it begins May 1. I have a little bit left to go, but I will have essentially gotten through the entire Bros deck this semester (along with a first pass of UW). It's been a massive amount of work and time spent each day, but I really think it's going to make a difference come exam time.

My question now is...do I continue keeping up with these reviews during dedicated? For reference, it takes roughly 5 hours to do all of my reviews each day. This is a lot of time and I'm not sure if it would be better spent elsewhere during dedicated.

Members don't see this ad.

My dedicated period is 6.5 weeks long and it begins May 1. I have a little bit left to go, but I will have essentially gotten through the entire Bros deck this semester (along with a first pass of UW). It's been a massive amount of work and time spent each day, but I really think it's going to make a difference come exam time.

My question now is...do I continue keeping up with these reviews during dedicated? For reference, it takes roughly 5 hours to do all of my reviews each day. This is a lot of time and I'm not sure if it would be better spent elsewhere during dedicated.
More Uworld + making cards out of it will probably be more useful

Reactions: 1 users
You have to do what you think works best for you, but I don't think it has a good rate of return. If I recall correctly, a lot of the cards are stupid little things like "Will this increase or decrease?" At this point you're better off making stronger connections understanding the overall material and how things tie together rather than discrete factoids. I second the suggestion of making your own cards or keeping a small notebook of high yield stuff you keep forgetting and want to review over and over again. Also, maybe you want to re-watch all of pathoma during dedicated. It fills most important holes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go through UWORLD questions and make card on the questions I miss/guessed right.
I review those cards instead..I found bro's deck to be too shallow on too many subjects (many of which you know already so you're just wasting time).
Granted it takes much more time to make your own cards, but if you can get it done before dedicated, you just need to review taht during dedicated, as it represents what you don't know.

Reactions: 1 user
i-will-be-monitoring-this-thread-thumb.jpg

I go through UWORLD questions and make card on the questions I miss/guessed right.
I review those cards instead..I found bro's deck to be too shallow on too many subjects (many of which you know already so you're just wasting time).
Granted it takes much more time to make your own cards, but if you can get it done before dedicated, you just need to review taht during dedicated, as it represents what you don't know.

I made a UWORLD deck with about 1600 cards for misses or things I didn't know very well. Plan to start this during dedicated. Just wondering if I should keep up Bros too.

I made a UWORLD deck with about 1600 cards for misses or things I didn't know very well. Plan to start this during dedicated. Just wondering if I should keep up Bros too.
If you've gone through UW already, take a baseline NBME with feedback. Look at the questions you got wrong and ask yourself if you missed those because of a lack of knowledge or understanding. If your familiarity and recall of FA details isn't your issue, you can probably drop Bros. I personally hate reading FA straight so I went through the whole deck in 2 weeks (systems only; did the entire deck already throughout ms2). It helped revisit the little details that NBMEs like to go after like inheritance patterns, associated diseases, etc.

Reactions: 1 user