Advanced PTeExam (Echo Boards)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
well that was....way different than i was expecting. far more that i was unsure about than i would have liked, but what can you do. physics/diastology/hemodynamics all more underrepresented than i would have thought. felt like they had a hard on for masses.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They do it every July, right after the test. Best deal ever. I highly recommend it for anyone starting fellowship, or anyone else who plans on taking the test the following July.
Holy ****

I'm in on that. Shutupandtakemymoney.

Was browsing their site last week and thought ... nah, $2000 for the year is ridiculous.

Holy ****

I'm in on that. Shutupandtakemymoney.

Was browsing their site last week and thought ... nah, $2000 for the year is ridiculous.

It sucks but this was my main test prep when I took it. Definitely give them your money!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Discount is $365 for the year. They got my money about 10 minutes ago. :)

I know it hurts especially bad when you're knocked back down to barely minimum wage. It will fly by!

For anyone who is recertifying, what is the most painless/low cost way to get your CMEs? I received an e-mail stating I needed to have my application in by October, and I have no dedicated echo CME at this point.

For anyone who is recertifying, what is the most painless/low cost way to get your CMEs? I received an e-mail stating I needed to have my application in by October, and I have no dedicated echo CME at this point.
Not recertifying, but I had a bunch of relatively cheap CME through E-echocardiography's echo of the day and of the week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Yes. E-echo are painless CMEs.
Could have better vids, but good cases/ zebras with good explanations.

Scores are up, just got the email. PASSED !!!! Proud to now be a testamur for the advanced PTE exam. Special thanks to PTEmasters! (I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just think they are an outstanding resource!).

Reactions: 1 users
Scores are up, just got the email. PASSED !!!! Proud to now be a testamur for the advanced PTE exam. Special thanks to PTEmasters! (I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just think they are an outstanding resource!).
I assume you took it for initial certification. What was the "N" for that cohort? The recertification was listed at 147, so I was curious how many newly certified individuals will be added. There was roughly an 89% pass rate for the recertification.

I assume you took it for initial certification. What was the "N" for that cohort? The recertification was listed at 147, so I was curious how many newly certified individuals will be added. There was roughly an 89% pass rate for the recertification.

400 and change, high 80's for pass rate

getting that pass email made me oddly emotional. 10 years of medical training, finally done.

and yeah, i'm late to the party.

I'm aiming for the advanced exam in 2018

Will pte masters be enough. If not what should I add in?

I'm aiming for the advanced exam in 2018

Will pte masters be enough. If not what should I add in?

I recertified last year. While I did use PTE Masters, I would be very uneasy about using it as my primary source. In fact, I used them only because I needed CME to go along with my recertification application. The book "Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography" by Joseph Matthew is probably the best source for the exam. It seems to be the gold standard book used by the fellowships now, and was not hard to read. I read it on bypass for about 6 months preceding the exam and felt pretty good going into the exam.

I recertified last year. While I did use PTE Masters, I would be very uneasy about using it as my primary source. In fact, I used them only because I needed CME to go along with my recertification application. The book "Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography" by Joseph Matthew is probably the best source for the exam. It seems to be the gold standard book used by the fellowships now, and was not hard to read. I read it on bypass for about 6 months preceding the exam and felt pretty good going into the exam.

I thought PTE Masters didn't have any CME with the course. Did this change?

I thought PTE Masters didn't have any CME with the course. Did this change?

You're right. I was thinking of E-Echocardiography. I did not use PTE Masters. Sorry for the misinformation. I would still recommend the Matthew book, but can't speak on PTE Masters.

As mentioned in the other thread on this same topic, I used PTE Masters and Matthew, with echo of the day through E-echocardiography (partly to ensure I saw something every day, even if I was too busy for something major), and did just fine, even without the benefit of doing fellowship. If you're a fellow, you shouldn't have an issue using just one of those two sources.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
PTEMasters and Matthew all the way. I took the ASCeXAM the next year and used PTEMasters for that as well, and I crushed it.