Advanced educational programs or observership in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fadydent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a postgraduate Egyptian dentist, I am in a big trouble :( I am looking forward to set for the NBDE1 exam but I have applied for a u.s visa and got refused. Here in my country it's so difficult to obtain a u.s visa. So do you know any programs like advanced educational programs or observerships that offers a student visa (student visa is more easier than tourism visa). I do not have a good C.V so observership is better. All your replies are much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

:( No one can help !!!
seriously, haven't you heard of google? at least do some kind of research before asking questions. Anyway, there are quite a few such programs at UCLA , NYU and Rutgers, from 3 month preceptorships to 1 year certificate programs. You can get a student visa to pursue any of them

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyway thank you for your replay. Maybe you are right about the way I asked my question since it's my first time at that forum. But I have searched Google alot for the last month and found lots of preceptorships and asked them,
1- UCLA offers preceptorship programs in almost all the departments but they require IELTS overall 7 (my overall was 6.5).
2- NYU offers advanced educational programs which fit me but they are too expensive about 75,000 $ + for 1 year and there is no less than 1 year.
3- UCSF offers preceptorship programs but they only offer J-1 visa and I don't know how to get a sponsor to fund 51% of the total tuition.
4-Boston and Ohio state universities offer observership programs but I don't know if they offer a student visa or not ..they do not reply!!
So maybe My questions are,
Does Boston or Ohia state university offer a student visa or not for such programs ?
Do I have opportunities to obtain J-1 visa ?and how ? (In case of UCSF)
Are there any other universities that do not require an English proficiency test(or accept IELTS overall 6.5) and offer a student visa ?
Once I met the administration requirements, Can I get accepted in such programs easily or they have a high competition ?
Thanks alot, Hopefully you can help!!

seriously, haven't you heard of google? at least do some kind of research before asking questions. Anyway, there are quite a few such programs at UCLA , NYU and Rutgers, from 3 month preceptorships to 1 year certificate programs. You can get a student visa to pursue any of them
For Rutgers university I can not find such programs so If you can send me a link I'll be grateful.

http://sdm.rutgers.edu/CDE/ADVANCED_EDUCATION.html but you might have missed the deadlines for the programs starting this year.
NYU has the most expensive programs-therefore it should be the last option (i dont think they are even worth that amount)
UCLA, Boston and Rutgers are all good options. But too many people have done or are doing UCLA preceptorships - it doesnt add much to the profile since everyone has it. Try to improve your exam score on ielts - best to take the toefl.

http://sdm.rutgers.edu/CDE/ADVANCED_EDUCATION.html but you might have missed the deadlines for the programs starting this year.
NYU has the most expensive programs-therefore it should be the last option (i dont think they are even worth that amount)
UCLA, Boston and Rutgers are all good options. But too many people have done or are doing UCLA preceptorships - it doesnt add much to the profile since everyone has it. Try to improve your exam score on ielts - best to take the toefl.
Thanks ! You're right about NYU it's my last option.
Rutgers has an observership in Oral Medicine with no deadline but I think they do not offer a student visa, I'll try to contact them anyway.
I'll try to take toefl better but for UCLA once I met the administration requirements, Can I get accepted in that program easily ?