Adolescent DBT Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yayaya1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm trying to find adolescent internship sites that offer a major rotation in DBT. I'm hoping for more than just a skills group component, ideally as close as I can to the full DBT model. I was hoping you might be able to help me out.

Members don't see this ad.

Mental Health Systems in Minnesota has one. I cannot vouch for the quality of their programs, as I am not familiar with them. They are under review for APA accreditation, so I would not suggest applying there until their accreditation is confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I'm trying to find adolescent internship sites that offer a major rotation in DBT. I'm hoping for more than just a skills group component, ideally as close as I can to the full DBT model. I was hoping you might be able to help me out.
ML is that you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to mention Mental Health Systems as well. I don't know that they explicitly offer an adolescent track but they do have a number of adolescent DBT programs. I did my therapy practicum there and felt it was a valuable training experience.

Check out Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, NY. They had an adolescent DBT internship track when I was searching sites (a few years ago).
They're on my list!

Yale has a DBT track, not sure how much work with adolescents versus adults.

Canvas Health in Oakdale, MN had a comprehensive DBT program with an adolescent track. But this info is a few years old so you'd have to double check.

Canvas Health in Oakdale, MN had a comprehensive DBT program with an adolescent track. But this info is a few years old so you'd have to double check.

Anecdotally, I have heard some pretty bad things about this program. Unrealistic workloads (60 hour weeks), unprofessional staff and ownership. But again, all anecdotal, I've never worked there.

Anecdotally, I have heard some pretty bad things about this program. Unrealistic workloads (60 hour weeks), unprofessional staff and ownership. But again, all anecdotal, I've never worked there.
Thanks for the info

I think Fulton State Hospital has a DBT rotation.