Adding more schools at this point in the cycle...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquidcrawler

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I applied this cycle and I'm just finishing my last secondary I've been delaying (USC). Now that I'm almost done, I kind of feel the need to apply to more schools. Some of this might be motivated by neuroticism, but, I'm just trying to get opinions before I add more. Briefly, my app looks like:

514 (130, 127, 130, 127)
cGPA/sGPA, 3.80/3.81
3000+ research (1 second-author pub, multiple posters/presentations)
500+ hours volunteering at after-school program
120 clinical hours ( 70 at local VA, 50 with reputable "volunteerism" group (well aware how this is viewed and made sure to talk about it in a non-arrogant/sensitive manner)
50 shadowing
1500+ hours of other leadership/work/extracurricular
PA resident

So far, I applied to:
Rochester
Pitt
Mayo
Mayo AZ
Michigan
Ohio
Cincinnati
Thomas Jefferson
Dartmouth
Duke
UNC
Wake Forest
Emory
Case Western
Baylor
Temple
Colorado
Albert Enstein
USC
Boston

Thinking about adding:
Maryland
Hofstra
Stony Brook?
OHSU?
Tufts?

Any opinions would be fantastic, and thanks for the thoughts.
Add Tufts, Albany, Columbia, Drexel, Tulane, U Miami, Wake, Rosy F, Loyola,NYMC, and some DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@SuaveCardigans - have you used WedgeDawg's Excel guide? It's a spreadsheet that takes into consideration the factors for initial screening/IIs/matriculation and gives it's best estimate for schools. From what I've heard, it's been pretty close to accurate (unless someone has stats but absolutely NO personality).

Wow! Talk about dyslexia. I was on my phone at the supermarket and saw the GPA as 3.08, not 3.80!!!

OP, you're golden. Aim for Keck class schools.
Now there's going to be a new wave of panic from premeds worried that their 3.8's aren't good enough, and it's going to be your fault! :p

Reactions: 1 user