ADC exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SIMS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys ,

I am a dentist from Mumbai...now wat i am wondering is...wat are we all planning to do while we write the ADC exams ie.the first two in INDIA , and later the last one in Australia.The whole procedure may take no less than about a year and half...,IF we clear all in one go !! So wat are your people`s plans for that duration...? I am a bit confused ..!! :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

SIMS said:
Hi Guys ,

I am a dentist from Mumbai...now wat i am wondering is...wat are we all planning to do while we write the ADC exams ie.the first two in INDIA , and later the last one in Australia.The whole procedure may take no less than about a year and half...,IF we clear all in one go !! So wat are your people`s plans for that duration...? I am a bit confused ..!! :luck: :luck:
hi sree here.the thing is fierst 2 is no probs but the clinical exam is diff to crack they say which definitely needs training in aus itself and they are private people who offer training for 5months in melbourne or else they is a diploma meant for adc people with pass result of part 2 which western australian university provide for a year,if u r interested i shall give u detail info next time,
wat about oet material have u applied for this sep? i replied to ur mail sterday u dint answer back.

anilsree said:
hi sree here.the thing is fierst 2 is no probs but the clinical exam is diff to crack they say which definitely needs training in aus itself and they are private people who offer training for 5months in melbourne or else they is a diploma meant for adc people with pass result of part 2 which western australian university provide for a year,if u r interested i shall give u detail info next time,
wat about oet material have u applied for this sep? i replied to ur mail sterday u dint answer back.

well sree as u suggested ,I mailed my reply yest. on the AUST.OCEANIC forum.. :cool:
nywy...yes do lemme kno abt the UWA thing ..the course , and well I havnt applied as yet..infact I have bun mailing them often ,to no concrete answer.
Actually I m still in my internship which shud b done by Nov. so I was wondering if I m eligible to write OET..,But m not getting any relevant answer from them. Sooo .... :confused:
What r u doing ...working /practising..?? do u think it wud b a good idea to look into any PG courses in AUST ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear aspirants,

Very all the best for your exams and ur preps.
This mail is not to discourage you.
I am sure that if you are determined then you will definately clear these exams.

but let me tell you that before applying for anything just make everything sure and plan it .
The courses for Foreign Trained dentists in Melbourne --- you can apply only for 4 weeks course if you are off shore. DHSV themselves mentioned that it is not possible for off shore students to get visa for 16 weeks course as it does not come under student visa. 4 weeks course is for theory part and not for practical, if you find it worth the go for it.

secondly, all other courses by UWA and University of Adelaide,....
you can apply once you pass the Prelim exam i.e. part 2 examination.
you get part 2 results after almost 2-3 mnths after you appear....
till the time you become elligible and apply you miss so next year apply goes for next to next year intake........
but Preliminary examination result is valid only for 2 years ????????
so you are in catch 22 situation !!!!!!
think 100 times before you opt for anything.

Pls. do not get discouraged
I dont have any such intentions behind this mail
this is just to inform you whatever I found.

regards
Dr.Amol

dramol said:
Dear aspirants,

I am sure that if you are determined then you will definately clear these exams.

but let me tell you that before applying for anything just make everything sure and plan it .
The courses for Foreign Trained dentists in Melbourne --- you can apply only for 4 weeks course if you are off shore. DHSV themselves mentioned that it is not possible for off shore students to get visa for 16 weeks course as it does not come under student visa. 4 weeks course is for theory part and not for practical, if you find it worth the go for it.

till the time you become elligible and apply you miss so next year apply goes for next to next year intake........

regards
Dr.Amol

Do u know someone who pass the clinical exam without taking the 20 weeks course? I mean if i dont take that course i will not pass? I might have the visa to take the course but its a lot of money... will i be bale to pay back if i get a loan?

dramol said:
Dear aspirants,

regards
Dr.Amol
hi dr amol
thank u for ur frank advice and discouraging, is not a issue at all here as its all the fact.but is there a solution for offshore candidates then? i think the validity is again 3yrs according to the recent adc rules just cross check.pls let us know more about the visa part of it as we need to know the possibiltes.so wat best according to u i mean the pathway to take to work in aus. do reply
regards
sree

Hi Everyone,

The prep course is not mandatory.
If you can gpo for it ....
nothing like it
but nothing to worry if you dont attend
as there are less but almost near the no. of students who pass with the course and without the course....
so it is not a hard and fast rule
for those who already have the visa or rather onshore people can attend it
but do they really require it
if you attend observership for 3 mnths to any aus dentist most of the things you will come to know
and for onshore dentists it is easier to contact the seniors and get the guidance
for them no course required
thats what i feel

for Off shore dentists
we have tried all possible ways
the most economic and fast way is
just appear for exam
if u pass in one shot ...great nothing like it ....
if not then you know what they are going to ask u next time
and this second attempt option will cost you 5005 aus $ and just 6 mnths !!!!!
I think calculating other options this is the fastest , surest and most economic option !!!
and in the passing students more no. of students are having 2 nd attempt
so sure success for second attempt.....

taking a short pg course or opting prep course everything will cost yu more time and lots of money
in that budget actually you will appear 2-3 more times !!
and there are students also who failed even attempting the prep course
so no guarantee even after prep course
think over this ..........
regards
amol

hello Amol,

hi,
well a piece of advice from you !! how wud you think the idea of doing MPH in Australia ,after BDS,is? While in the meantime one gets acclaimaitized with aussie culture,may b then along start ADC exams too,,....?
wat do u say to that?
wud u b aware of any other good dental course we cud look into...besides MDS..as I M STILL IN iNTERNSHIP!!\KINDLY GUIDE.
THANKS
SIMS

dramol said:
Hi Everyone,

nothing like it
as there are less but almost near the no. of students who pass with the course and without the course....
if you attend observership for 3 mnths to any aus dentist most of the things you will come to know
and for onshore dentists it is easier to contact the seniors and get the guidance
thats what i feel

for Off shore dentists
just appear for exam
I think calculating other options this is the fastest , surest and most economic option !!!

taking a short pg course or opting prep course everything will cost yu more time and lots of money
regards
amol

all the people appearing for the prelim exam in sept2006. good luck and do well.

Hi Everyone,

nothing like it
thats what i feel

for Off shore dentists
just appear for exam

regards
amol
hello dr amol,i am dr sharma ..can u suggest me some course which i can opt for to reach australia which wud help me for my pr and stay also in australlia..alots of dentists are taking up some courses to reach to australia..like some took public health, some dental technician,some communty welfare and some nursing..do u think even while doing these course one can study for dental adc exams??/

Hi Guys ,

even i am confused dear but my confusion is a bit different as i am not gettin wat to do over here.whom to ask.with whom to talk .what to do .when are u comin back yaar:scared: :(

even i am confused dear but my confusion is a bit different as i am not gettin wat to do over here.whom to ask.with whom to talk .what to do .when are u comin back yaar:scared: :(
HEY,PEHCHAANA,ITS ME ashish....

Hi Guys

check out www.doctorspulse.com its for the prepration of ADC for people like us.I just joined it.its good.Cheers :thumbup:

Hi friends:love:
I do agree one hundred p.c. with Dr. AMOL. The preparatory courses are not necessary and also too much expensive. In So much money, one can attempt many times in ADC clinical examinations. The best advantage is that; one will have an experience of a real exam which no preparatory course can provide.
All the Best to all of you
Kamna:)

Re: please help, questions
Yes Doctorspulse was very helpful,my whole dentistry was refreshed in that period It was an online course so I could study from my home.And they took regular tests had discussions.
And the good thing is I passed my prelims.:love:

Now I am joining www.doctorspulse.com for the theory of the clinicals

Cheers:thumbup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror
Hi,

I am a dentist from Israel and have to sit the exams to practice in New Zealand, I read you message on the forume about this web sait doctor plus, can you tell me something more about them, Have done their course is it helpful?

Thank you so much for your help

Mirror

Hello everyone. As u probably know, dentists have been removed from the PR (permanent residency) list of australia. So there's no guarantee that a dentist who passes the ADC exam can live and work in australia... Does anybody know what the situation is like for dentists who pass the exam but do not have PR? Is it any use to even appear for the exam now? Any information/insight will be appreciated.

Hi can u plssss guide me as well about adc. That will be a great help