ACOM wins simulation comp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The ACOM team beat Baylor as well so they might have a chance

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Proud to say I'll be attending next year!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
030917_main-test-cropped-650w.jpg
Looks like Baylor med students won the World Championship in 2014 and 2015: Student Corner: Baylor Simlympics team and
and France won in 2016: http://medsim.eu/artykul/633/iii-gl...-global-competition-of-student-medical-teams/

Good luck to ACOM team at World Championship.

lol I wouldn't count on acom or any school making you good enough to win the national comp. those dudes are just beasts with extensive ER and pulm experience prior to medschool

Last edited:
A US team placed 3rd so I think it's within the realm of reason to say they have a shot.

Last edited:
Wait, so is the simulation required curriculum for all students? Or just those who want that exposure? Either way this is really impressive!

Last edited:
Wait, so is the simulation required curriculum for all students? Or just those who want that exposure? Either way this is really impressive!
You get to use simulation during your first 2 years in the required curriculum. This competition is above and beyond that as far as I understand it.

lol I wouldn't count on acom or any school making you good enough to win the national comp. those dudes are just beasts with extensive ER and pulm experience prior to medschool

ACOM winning team has something like 30+ years clinical experience though, prior nurses and whatnot.

ACOM winning team has something like 30+ years clinical experience though, prior nurses and whatnot.

No nurses but an ER scribe, a medic, a respiratory therapist and one more I can't remember but I know isn't a nurse

Didn't they do really well with at least one other class and ended up getting eliminated by the people that won the whole thing?

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't they do really well with at least one other class and ended up getting eliminated by the people that won the whole thing?
Yup.
Dr G. who runs the sim lab at ACOM took them pretty far the previous year. Either they lost to Baylor or beat Baylor and lost to another big name who took it all at the end. This was a completely different set of ACOM students

Last edited:
Yup.
Dr G. who runs the sim lab at ACOM took them pretty far the previous year. Either they lost too Baylor or beat Baylor and lost to another big name who took it all at the end. This was a completely different set of ACOM students
That's what I thought. I guess they're good at this. Way to go, acom.

That's not true. We have great faculty that work with the students for many hours to learn the skills to do well in the SIM competition.

That's not true. We have great faculty that work with the students for many hours to learn the skills to do well in the SIM competition.

Lol.... I go to this school, participated in sim comp and know these people personally. Please tell me I'm wrong again