Accepted offer to Pharmacy school - what If I back out now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaDxG

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In medical schools, they black list you from every school -- is this the same process in pharmacy schools as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
in good schools anyway...unless you have a very good reason to back out, they will blacklist you. But you can apply elsewhere and get in.

I am in the same boat actually. They might black list you but then do not apply there again or try to get your admission defer(do this if you know for sure you want to go there next year)

In medical schools, they black list you from every school -- is this the same process in pharmacy schools as well?
I don't agree with this; if you back out of medical school you name doesn't go onto a nonexistent list. Maybe for that school you'd have a hard time without a reasonable excuse, but I wouldn't generalize it too much.

I don't agree with this; if you back out of medical school you name doesn't go onto a nonexistent list. Maybe for that school you'd have a hard time without a reasonable excuse, but I wouldn't generalize it too much.

You are absolutely wrong. If you are accepted to a MD school and back out, AMCAS will notify every single school you ever apply to again, and no other MD school will ever accept you. Everyone who is applying to MD school knows this and it's why you never apply to a school you absolutely wouldn't attend.

I was contemplating backing out of a fellowship and my PD at residency basically said that I should cite personal/family issues (regardless of actual reason) and that this a sufficient reason that is typically not questioned. Not sure how this would work in your situation