Accepted for distance learning MPH at LSHTM . Worth it ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emma1993

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there helpful souls !!!

I know its a silly question as LSHTM is the best but the fact that the course will be held online makes me a bit confused regarding if should go ahead with it. Will it mention on my MPH certificate that the course was online rather than on campus. :sick:

I also got accepted into University of Bedfordshire's on campus MPH. which Should i prefer out of the two ?:scared: (would love visiting Englang though):love:

Any thoughts, suggestions and advice highly appreciated ! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Did you find the answer to this? Im considering potentially doing the online version as well. Although I think immersing yourself in the culture it important, I really do believe that there is something to be said by working and financing it through your current career.

Let me know!

Did either one of your pursue your MPH via distance learning with LSHTM? I'm entertaining the same question with an MSc in Epidemiology and have emailed those in charge of hiring at the CDC and a few domestic non-profit and governmental organizations but haven't received replies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did either one of your pursue your MPH via distance learning with LSHTM? I'm entertaining the same question with an MSc in Epidemiology and have emailed those in charge of hiring at the CDC and a few domestic non-profit and governmental organizations but haven't received replies.

did you get any replies? Im also thinking of doing the Msc Epi this year as well.

Hey there helpful souls !!!

I know its a silly question as LSHTM is the best but the fact that the course will be held online makes me a bit confused regarding if should go ahead with it. Will it mention on my MPH certificate that the course was online rather than on campus. :sick:

I also got accepted into University of Bedfordshire's on campus MPH. which Should i prefer out of the two ?:scared: (would love visiting Englang though):love:

Any thoughts, suggestions and advice highly appreciated ! ;)

Hello! I'm a graduate from the LSHTM distance programme and can confirm that the MSc and degree certificate does not mention that the study was undertaken by distance learning (although it is included in the supplementary documentation). They are just a comprehensive (if not more) than the face-to-face ones as you spend more time and depth with each of the modules compared to the in-person modules that are condensed in a year. I also did the blended studies option for one semester so had the experience of face-to-face, which is always an option. Feel free to reach out to me or one of the ambassadors that is suitable to your area of interest: http://virtual.lshtm.ac.uk/student-ambassadors/; also check out my blog Journey to the Centre of Campus to get a student perspective on experience. Journey to the Center of Campus

Good luck with your decision!