Accepted for AZpod class of 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplescubagear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted today to Midwestern University beginning fall of 2012! Yes, accepted for fall of 2012. I applied to Midwestern in February, interviewed in March and took the MCAT in April. Due to various reasons I decided to defer an acceptance for fall of 2012, Dr. Page and his committee reviewed my application and gave me an early acceptance! I'm so excited, good luck to you all applying for the upcoming cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

wow congratulations! I didn't know they accept so early for fall'12! AZpod is my first choice too but I was planning on starting my application this month :) what were your stats if you don't mind me asking? hopefully I'll be joining you in a year!! :love:

Thanks! Since I decided to defer they didn't need me to reapply and interview again so they just gave me early acceptance. My stats weren't stellar but I still worked hard... approximately as follows:
-cumulative GPA - 3.6
-science GPA - 3.2
-MCAT - 22 (I hardly studied mostly watched Chad's DAT videos online at 2x speed to review Chem and I had not even finished Physics 1)
Numbers though are only part of the story... they really take a good look at who you are in the interview, they really want to be sure you are a good fit for the school and the school is a good fit for you.
non-scholastic things found on my application:
-Humanitarian trip to Central America
-Worked through undergrad
-Eagle Scout
-Shadowing
-Volunteering (2 years full time as missionary in a French culture) Various fund raisers for local charities, along with volunteering at special needs centers.
Also I attended Brigham Young University which I have heard does an excellent job prepping students.

Why is AZpod your first choice?