Acceptance Stats for Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they say what they wanted your MCAT score, at a minimum, to be? Congrats dude!
I don't know, to be honest. Didn't want to make myself look look unconfident.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. GPA cGPA 3.5, sGPA3.35
2. MCAT Pending
3. ECs; EMT 4 years, Sports clubs, volunteer at special Olympics and shadowing.
4. Schools applied to; Kent, NYCPM, Temple
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted Kent State pending acceptable MCAT for scholarship/matriculation(So, basically they are holding my seat). On hold at Temple, had an interview. NYCP won't grant an interview until MCAT scores.

Although, I am not 100% accepted just updating since I got through 66.6% of my interviews and heard back from both Temple and Kent. I assume my MCAT is low 500's. Just showing late MCATs don't hurt you. Just hoping my MCAT doesn't turn out to be a 472.
When did you apply? I'm trying to apply this month but still don't have an LOR from a podiatrist

1. GPA
cGPA: 3.60 sGPA: ~3.25
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Love Your Melon Captain/Founding ambassador on campus
  • Student Organization of the Year Award
  • Rental Manager
  • Tons of hours at local ARL
  • Lots of various community service projects
  • 30+ hours shadowing family physician
  • 20-30 hour work week bartending/waitressing during school/basketball
  • 1 year of research
  • 2 strong LORs from undergrad professors
  • Outstanding Biology Student Award
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
5. Acceptances+ scholarships
  • Accepted at AZ (AZ doesn't offer scholarships)
  • Waiting to hear back from DMU
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)
  • Did not send Scholl LORs, so they never even responded to me

I haven't accepted anything, still weighing my options. How did you guys decide?! Help!
Any update on where you've decided to go? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. GPA
cGPA: 3.60 sGPA: ~3.25
2. MCAT
3. ECs
  • College basketball
  • Love Your Melon Captain/Founding ambassador on campus
  • Student Organization of the Year Award
  • Rental Manager
  • Tons of hours at local ARL
  • Lots of various community service projects
  • 30+ hours shadowing family physician
  • 20-30 hour work week bartending/waitressing during school/basketball
  • 1 year of research
  • 2 strong LORs from undergrad professors
  • Outstanding Biology Student Award
4. Schools applied to
  • AZ
  • DMU
  • Kent
  • Scholl
5. Acceptances+ scholarships
  • Accepted at AZ (AZ doesn't offer scholarships)
  • Waiting to hear back from DMU
  • Accepted at Kent ($5k)
  • Did not send Scholl LORs, so they never even responded to me

I haven't accepted anything, still weighing my options. How did you guys decide?! Help!

I had a choice at all the schools I applied to also and I went with AZpod because of their good board pass rates and AZ seemed like a place I could enjoy for 4 years. Love the school at the interview and the staff. Also, Wisconsin winter were getting old.... lol best of luck with you choice!

Reactions: 2 users
AACPMAS submitted mid- February, verified early March, interviews in late March - early April.
1. cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5
2. 509
3. Research, teaching, volunteering, club treasurer, 1000+ hours podiatry scribe.
4. Kent and Scholl
5. Accepted to both with scholarship.

Reactions: 3 users
Any update on where you've decided to go? :)

I chose Midwestern! Having lived in the Midwest most of my life, I like the idea of exploring another part of the country. Yhe board pass rates/tough curriculum/ample community service opportunities/weather help too.

I chose Midwestern! Having lived in the Midwest most of my life, I like the idea of exploring another part of the country. Yhe board pass rates/tough curriculum/ample community service opportunities/weather help too.
See ya in a couple of months!!

Reactions: 1 users
1. GPA: 2.85s/3.15c
2. MCAT: 511
3. ECs: Nothing spectacular, but I had several leadership positions in college.
4. Applied: AZPOD, Temple, NYCPM, Western (canceled my interview here though)
5. Accepted: AZPOD, Temple (+scholarship), NYCPM (+scholarship)

Reactions: 4 users
Id give up my future first born for that MCAT score. Congrats man!

Saw your GPAs, saw Temple, started going ?????, then I saw your MCAT.
/thread!

Thats amazing that you got scholarships with your GPA... I have similar stats so this is making me feel pretty good. Do you mind saying how much the scholarships are?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Thats amazing that you got scholarships with your GPA... I have similar stats so this is making me feel pretty good. Do you mind saying how much the scholarships are?
Temple gave me $11k for the 1st year, and NYCPM gave me $8k per year that could be renewed for a potential $32k across the 4 years. Both schools use set formulas to calculate how much scholarship money they give, so I lucked out in that my MCAT was high enough to outweigh the weak GPA... I definitely didn't go into the application process expecting scholarship money either!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Temple gave me $11k for the 1st year, and NYCPM gave me $8k per year that could be renewed for a potential $32k across the 4 years. Both schools use set formulas to calculate how much scholarship money they give, so I lucked out in that my MCAT was high enough to outweigh the weak GPA... I definitely didn't go into the application process expecting scholarship money either!
Where will you be heading in the fall?! Congrats!!

How long did it take for you guys to hear back from the schools after the interviews? I am going to my first interview at CSPM next week. Any advice you guys can give me?

How long did it take for you guys to hear back from the schools after the interviews? I am going to my first interview at CSPM next week. Any advice you guys can give me?
2 days for me!!! Kent

Be yourself. Be confident. Take a look at the interview section and give your file a glossover.

1. uGPA -3.1, sGPA-3.25, gGPA -3.7
2. MCAT - 487, 490 (oh boy...)
3. ECs - 6 years as a medic/corpsman in the Navy, medical instructor, agricultural/molecular bio research + publications, 4000 hrs of volunteer activities, lots of shadowing, strong LORs, fluent in Russian language, figure ice skater :D
4. Schools applied to: Western, CSPM, Barry.
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted to Western - $4000, CSPM- $0. Barry - cancelled the interview. The GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon will cover about 75% of my tuition and living expenses, but the cost of living is cheaper in Pomona vs Oakland, plus I am a single mom of a crazy 3 year old, staying closer to family.

** Starting in 2018 due to military obligations, see ya soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
3. ECs - 6 years as a medic/corpsman in the Navy, medical instructor, agricultural/molecular bio research + publications, 4000 hrs of volunteer activities, lots of shadowing, strong LORs, fluent in Russian language, figure ice skater :D
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted to Western - $4000, CSPM- $0. Barry - cancelled the interview. The GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon will cover about 75% of my tuition and living expenses, but the cost of living is cheaper in Pomona vs Oakland, plus I am a single mom of a crazy 3 year old, staying closer to family.

Nice job!!! Nice to read good news from non-trad applicants!!!

Those extra curriculars tho.

Congrats from one veteran to another!!!Best of Luck to you!!!

I think it's super cool how there are more and more vets turning to podiatry as a career, especially with the buzz about pods finally becoming physicians in the eyes of the law with this VA hospital bill. Thank you vets, for your service to this country.

Congrats from one veteran to another!!!Best of Luck to you!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster :) I hope my stats will give some people hope

1. sGPA: 2.49/cGPA: 2.9
2. MCAT: 499
3. ECs: Volunteered at a hospital, currently work in a hospital as a newborn hearing screener, medical fraternity, shadowed podiatrist
4. Schools applied to: All
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted to KSUCPM and NYCPM.

I was sad because my first choice was Western but I am grateful I have gotten in to the two schools I interviewed at! I also have a really good backstory and personal experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Long time lurker, first time poster :) I hope my stats will give some people hope

3. ECs: Volunteered at a hospital, currently work in a hospital as a newborn hearing screener, medical fraternity, shadowed podiatrist

I was sad because my first choice was Western but I am grateful I have gotten in to the two schools I interviewed at! I also have a really good backstory and person experiences.
Damn I don't mean to sound insensitive because your MCAT score is great, but how the heck did you get accepted with those gpas?! I mean that's still awesome it's just...they're so low! I can tell you obviously are intelligent because of that MCAT so I'm sure you have a very logical reason for the gpas! I'm no perfect student myself, but that 2.49...forgive me, but it just doesn't seem fair for that low of a GPA to be accepted.

Damn I don't mean to sound insensitive because your MCAT score is great, but how the heck did you get accepted with those gpas?! I mean that's still awesome it's just...they're so low! I can tell you obviously are intelligent because of that MCAT so I'm sure you have a very logical reason for the gpas! I'm no perfect student myself, but that 2.49...forgive me, but it just doesn't seem fair for that low of a GPA to be accepted.

I identify with this statement as well. I wouldn't go as far to say "its not fair" but it certainly raises some eyebrows.

So far it is the lowest score with acceptances I have seen this cycle.
Perhaps your last 60 hours were a tremendous push? SMP or Post Bac?

I sincerely hope you do well in podiatry school. With your MCAT score there is a lot of promise and potential.

I identify with this statement as well. I wouldn't go as far to say "its not fair" but it certainly raises some eyebrows.

I sincerely hope you do well in podiatry school. With your MCAT score there is a lot of promise and potential.
I agree with you. I guess "not fair" wasn't fair, because I don't know their circumstances and I have no doubt they'll be great, but like you said, it raises my eyebrows too!

Why not?

Why does it raise eyebrows, bro?

& You know what's interesting? lol... on the other end of the spectrum, when a high stats applicant writes about their acceptance, you've asked on a few occasions why they chose podiatry even though they could have landed an MD/DO acceptance.

I agree with you. I guess "not fair" wasn't fair, because I don't know their circumstances and I have no doubt they'll be great, but like you said, it raises my eyebrows too!

Lol.... why the eyebrow raising though?

Why not?

& You know what's interesting? lol... on the other end of the spectrum, when a high stats applicant writes about their acceptance, you've asked on a few occasions why they chose podiatry even though they could have landed an MD/DO acceptance.
I ask them that for a specific reason: MD/DO offers greater scope of practice and does not deal with parity issues as much as DPMs do. I am not slandering either profession. It is what it is. If I had the stats, I would have applied MD/DO. However, I made my peace, worked with what I had, and decided on podiatry.

When I bring that up, the point is to make sure applicants with high stats are not selling themselves short or denying themselves of a career they will truly be happy in.
I do not believe in settling for the next best option unless you have exhausted all efforts and given it 110%. Until you question their resolve to the point of being an a$$hole, they will not think twice of it. Growth requires a prodding people out of their comfort zone.

As intelligent as healthcare field applicants are, I have met some who are so neurotic that they do not believe they stand a chance with MD/DO because they have not experienced failure before. This is even more evident with applicants fresh out of undergrad who refuse to take an additional year to pace their application instead of jumping ship to another profession. Patience goes a long way. Not all high stat applicants are like this, but they do exist.

Last edited:

Lol.... why the eyebrow raising though?

It is evident that podiatry schools on average accept students with lower GPAs and lower MCATs. This trend is changing rapidly, but that does not change their track record.
The best way a school can currently gauge future academic performance is through GPA and MCAT.

I am a weak applicant academically. I know what it is like trying to assure a program I can succeed despite their reluctance.
So when I say this, I say it with sincerity- Whatever got CapnnNono accepted into podiatry school, I hope it carries them and enables them to do better academically than they did in undergrad.
Their GPAs are not the norm for matriculants. That is why it was eyebrow raising.

The last thing we need are schools accepting applicants who they know will not succeed yet accept them anyway. This is out of concern for the applicant, not the school.
This is probably not the case for CapnnNono and their 499 MCAT proves it.

these low GPA's are eyebrow raising because they are just that, very very low. No offense to anyone, but the only reason they look at GPA is to help determine your work ethic and dedication. Yes you cant determine what kind a person they are just based on their GPA, but it still is a good factor in determining who worked hard in undergrad for the most part. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in. You don't have to be a genius or incredibly smart to get good grades, just hard work. There are always different circumstances for people, and some with extremely low GPA's may have had extenuating circumstances and that's fine, but for most people, low GPA is very indicative of your work ethic. If a student has a 2.0 GPA and are being accepted into a medical field program, that is very concerning to me. 1. if you do have that bad work ethic, carrying it into podiatry school is a bad idea and you most likely fail out or quit with thousands of dollars of loans 2. I don't want a podiatrist or doctor that coasted through school with C's and didnt try hard to be my physician. I'm sure there are some that have much lower than average GPA's and end up succeeding in podiatry school, but its still not the normal and nor should it be.

Also if podiatrists and schools want to begin to gain parity they really need to have higher average stats and need to be able to attract better students. The average matriculate stats aren't bad, but they aren't good either.

I don't know why we should be surprised when we already know the lowest accepted GPAs (and MCATs) from published stats.

haha it's okay.
I had to work 30 hours a week during undergrad since I did not have support from my parents and my father ended up having a lot of health issues so I guess that is my best excuse for the low GPA. I knew the MCAT was my last chance at podiatry school and I ended up having more time to study. I don't plan on working during podiatry schools so I know I can do it.
I have a plethora of clinical experience as well but I think the whole working a lot during school was what the schools saw in me. Also, every one of my semesters was 18 units.

Last edited:
I don't know why we should be surprised when we already know the lowest accepted GPAs (and MCATs) from published stats.
I agree. Wasn't the lowest science GPA like 2.3?

I agree. Wasn't the lowest science GPA like 2.3?

Yes it was, at least for 2015 entering class. Congrats to you and anyone else accepted, regardless of stats.

I just get the impression some might
these low GPA's are eyebrow raising because they are just that, very very low. No offense to anyone, but the only reason they look at GPA is to help determine your work ethic and dedication. Yes you cant determine what kind a person they are just based on their GPA, but it still is a good factor in determining who worked hard in undergrad for the most part. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in. You don't have to be a genius or incredibly smart to get good grades, just hard work. There are always different circumstances for people, and some with extremely low GPA's may have had extenuating circumstances and that's fine, but for most people, low GPA is very indicative of your work ethic. If a student has a 2.0 GPA and are being accepted into a medical field program, that is very concerning to me. 1. if you do have that bad work ethic, carrying it into podiatry school is a bad idea and you most likely fail out or quit with thousands of dollars of loans 2. I don't want a podiatrist or doctor that coasted through school with C's and didnt try hard to be my physician. I'm sure there are some that have much lower than average GPA's and end up succeeding in podiatry school, but its still not the normal and nor should it be.

Also if podiatrists and schools want to begin to gain parity they really need to have higher average stats and need to be able to attract better students. The average matriculate stats aren't bad, but they aren't good either.

concerning the bold --- be honest and realistic here. I'm sure you've visited doctors (for medical purposes, treatment) at some point in your life. Now when you went to see said doctor, did you at any point during the visit ask him/her: (1) what were your grades in school? (2) what were your board scores? (3) how did you do during residency? (4) bonus question -- what school did you graduate from?
Most likely you're going to answer "No" to about 90%+ of the 4 questions I asked. Maybe when you shadowed you might have asked such questions but when you're sick and want treatment, I don't think you bother with, "... I don't want a doc that coasted through school with C's....". When you read reviews & ratings about doctors, I've yet to read "Dr. XYZ got C's in school..." the reviews are usually in regards to how good his treatment is, people skills, post-op results, etc. Is a C in medical school classes the same as a C in college science courses?

I think there are enough "filters" in place to really weed people out before they make it to stage where they're licensed to practice. Reading through the match thread, residents AmA thread sheds some light on it.

Finally, I think y'all are putting too much weight on the GPA. It's an entire package so you have to look at all the components. Not to mention GPA has way too many variables like - major, school inflation, professor's grading, credits taken per semester etc.

my $0.02 - Idk why but I get this impression some people feel like their acceptance is somehow less of an acceptance if the schools are accepting "anybody"

This is why I ranted about comparing yourselves to other students. IF you demolish that interview you are set, let them know YOU, not your stats. Kent accepted me with no MCAT. This does not mean brown nosing just shear honesty.

Some people apply with no volunteer hours. We saw many students apply who were in the armed forces, maybe some battle illness in college, or some were single parents. Stats alone are not enough to get you into school.

[Edit]- I too worked full time hrs a week in school to help my mom pay for her rent. It is frustrating, when most of us give up our lives to our family and grades. I have not had a night out with my friends since winter break(of course I take my gf out etc etc). I work, eat, study and sleep. It is easy for me to pick him apart for having a GPA a whole 1.0 below mine with similar scenario, but I don't know his whole story. Maybe he partied too much or maybe he just didn't study thinking he could pass off the sob story. We don't know ****, "what if's" are assumptions.

Example: My friend in college was falling behind in class because her sister had brain cancer. I assumed she was always hungover in lab. Turns out she and her mom took turns assisting her sister, who was in constant pain, sometimes until the early AM. Their insurance wouldn't cover a nurse for years. Imagine having to help carry your teenage sister to use the bathroom while struggling with school, relationships and work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

I was sad because my first choice was Western but I am grateful I have gotten in to the two schools I interviewed at! I also have a really good backstory and personal experiences.

Congrats on getting accepted! That's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, when did you turn your application in and when did you get notified of your acceptances? Did you apply early or late in the cycle? Congrats again!

I just get the impression some might

concerning the bold --- be honest and realistic here. I'm sure you've visited doctors (for medical purposes, treatment) at some point in your life. Now when you went to see said doctor, did you at any point during the visit ask him/her: (1) what were your grades in school? (2) what were your board scores? (3) how did you do during residency? (4) bonus question -- what school did you graduate from?
Most likely you're going to answer "No" to about 90%+ of the 4 questions I asked. Maybe when you shadowed you might have asked such questions but when you're sick and want treatment, I don't think you bother with, "... I don't want a doc that coasted through school with C's....". When you read reviews & ratings about doctors, I've yet to read "Dr. XYZ got C's in school..." the reviews are usually in regards to how good his treatment is, people skills, post-op results, etc. Is a C in medical school classes the same as a C in college science courses?

I think there are enough "filters" in place to really weed people out before they make it to stage where they're licensed to practice. Reading through the match thread, residents AmA thread sheds some light on it.

Finally, I think y'all are putting too much weight on the GPA. It's an entire package so you have to look at all the components. Not to mention GPA has way too many variables like - major, school inflation, professor's grading, credits taken per semester etc.

my $0.02 - Idk why but I get this impression some people feel like their acceptance is somehow less of an acceptance if the schools are accepting "anybody"

you can nitpick what I said, but again I said that there are some extenuating circumstances for people and you can still be a hard worker and good doctor and successful in podiatry school even if you had a bad undergraduate GPA. You can be, but GPA is a main factor and determinant of your work ethic and for most people, a bad GPA is from not working hard. YES there is a whole package of a person and you have your EC's and such, no one debated that, but there is a very big reason as to why some schools screen by GPA and why there is a big focus on it. Its not something to just ignore because you volunteered a lot of hours or seem like a really nice guy.

also, your argument about asking doctors those questions is a straw man statement. No one wants a bad doctor period. And bad doctors leave bad impressions. Its not just about impressing and helping your patients, but giving podiatry a good name if they ever want to achieve parity or have certain rights in a group or hospital or wherever. Especially since there are much fewer podiatrists, bad ones can make big impressions on the field. That starts with accepting good students. BUT AGAIN, GPA is not everything, but it is a big indicator on most students' work ethic. again, most, not all. and comparing circumstances from people is unfair since some people handle things differently.

no one is disputing the achievements of CappnNono or anyone else that gets into podiatry school with whatever GPA or MCAT that they have. It does not change the fact that schools accepting low GPA's is eye brow raising and for the most part rare, being that the average matriculate has a 3.3 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA.

Congrats on getting accepted! That's awesome! If you don't mind me asking, when did you turn your application in and when did you get notified of your acceptances? Did you apply early or late in the cycle? Congrats again!
Thanks! I ended up applying later than I wanted to. Verified March 3. NYCPM gave me an interview the same day, KSUCPM sent me an interview a couple weeks after. NYCPM notified me of my acceptance about a week and a half after interviewing, and KSUCPM told me after 3 business days!

haha it's okay.
I had to work 30 hours a week during undergrad since I did not have support from my parents and my father ended up having a lot of health issues so I guess that is my best excuse for the low GPA. I knew the MCAT was my last chance at podiatry school and I ended up having more time to study. I don't plan on working during podiatry schools so I know I can do it.
I have a plethora of clinical experience as well but I think the whole working a lot during school was what the schools saw in me. Also, every one of my semesters was 18 units.
I totally understand. I'm sure it was a difficult time during undergrad but again, nice job on your awesome MCAT and for continuing to pursue being a doctor despite it all!

I totally understand. I'm sure it was a difficult time during undergrad but again, nice job on your awesome MCAT and for continuing to pursue being a doctor despite it all!
Thank you! Honestly, I'm ready to kick butt and devote the next 4 years to studying. Through my current job at the hospital I know I have the patient skills to be a great doctor. I wish you the best of luck as well!

you can nitpick what I said, but again I said that there are some extenuating circumstances for people and you can still be a hard worker and good doctor and successful in podiatry school even if you had a bad undergraduate GPA. You can be, but GPA is a main factor and determinant of your work ethic and for most people, a bad GPA is from not working hard. YES there is a whole package of a person and you have your EC's and such, no one debated that, but there is a very big reason as to why some schools screen by GPA and why there is a big focus on it. Its not something to just ignore because you volunteered a lot of hours or seem like a really nice guy.

also, your argument about asking doctors those questions is a straw man statement. No one wants a bad doctor period. And bad doctors leave bad impressions. Its not just about impressing and helping your patients, but giving podiatry a good name if they ever want to achieve parity or have certain rights in a group or hospital or wherever. Especially since there are much fewer podiatrists, bad ones can make big impressions on the field. That starts with accepting good students. BUT AGAIN, GPA is not everything, but it is a big indicator on most students' work ethic. again, most, not all. and comparing circumstances from people is unfair since some people handle things differently.

no one is disputing the achievements of CappnNono or anyone else that gets into podiatry school with whatever GPA or MCAT that they have. It does not change the fact that schools accepting low GPA's is eye brow raising and for the most part rare, being that the average matriculate has a 3.3 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA.
Agree with you 1000%. I hate the "grades dont mean anything when youre a doctor" response.

Lurked all year and applied last week of March. Here's a little something for people who need motivation to JUST APPLY.

1. sGPA/cGPA: 2.85/2.82
2. MCAT: 23/496
3. ECS: 1.5 years undergrad research. 2.5 years of work experience (regulatory affairs). Leadership position in fraternity.
4. Applied: Everything but the Cali schools and AZpod (all western schools)
5. Accepted: Got II from every school but DMU. Interviewed at Barry and NYCPM, 5k scholarship from Barry. Declined all other interviews and submitted deposit for NYCPM.

If anyone got questions, feel free to PM me :D

Reactions: 5 users
Lurked all year and applied last week of March. Here's a little something for people who need motivation to JUST APPLY.

3. ECS: 1.5 years undergrad research. 2.5 years of work experience (regulatory affairs). Leadership position in fraternity.
5. Accepted: Got II from every school but DMU. Interviewed at Barry and NYCPM, 5k scholarship from Barry. Declined all other interviews and submitted deposit for NYCPM.

What do you think was your strong point as an applicant that made them accept you? Did they bring up your GPA/MCAT in interviews?

What do you think was your strong point as an applicant that made them accept you? Did they bring up your GPA/MCAT in interviews?

I'd like to know as well.

My stats were slightly higher than yours but I did not receive any scholarship offers.

Perhaps if I accepted the Barry interview I might have gotten some financial incentive.
Identical MCAT to yours.

Barry's approach is very holistic. There is a short-answer survey that they have you fill out with like 5 or 6 "interview-type" questions. They also make you take a personality test and they include the results in their file. I think since I was the only person to interview that day (other person cancelled), I was able sell myself better and leave a more lasting impression.

Both schools questioned my GPA and MCAT and I feel like the best way to answer those questions is to own up to whatever grades you got, emphasized the impact that the low grades had, what did you do to change your grades, and finish off by stating whatever accomplishments there are in those areas. For myself, I always had an upward trend after my freshmen year and took 17+ credits after second semester of Sophomore year. I made sure to point that out during the interview.In terms of MCAT, I improved one of my weak sections from the previous exam. Also, once again mention how you studied and what you took away from the experience.

In terms of being a strong applicant, I feel that my work experience and maturity played a huge role. I had strong recommendation letters and I prepared intensively for the interviews.

BTW Weirdy, thank you so much for everything this past year. From your PM's to your replies on this forum, the messages kept me grinding and believing I had a chance this cycle. Cheers to class of 2021!

Barry's approach is very holistic. There is a short-answer survey that they have you fill out with like 5 or 6 "interview-type" questions. They also make you take a personality test and they include the results in their file. I think since I was the only person to interview that day (other person cancelled), I was able sell myself better and leave a more lasting impression.

Both schools questioned my GPA and MCAT and I feel like the best way to answer those questions is to own up to whatever grades you got, emphasized the impact that the low grades had, what did you do to change your grades, and finish off by stating whatever accomplishments there are in those areas. For myself, I always had an upward trend after my freshmen year and took 17+ credits after second semester of Sophomore year. I made sure to point that out during the interview.In terms of MCAT, I improved one of my weak sections from the previous exam. Also, once again mention how you studied and what you took away from the experience.

In terms of being a strong applicant, I feel that my work experience and maturity played a huge role. I had strong recommendation letters and I prepared intensively for the interviews.

BTW Weirdy, thank you so much for everything this past year. From your PM's to your replies on this forum, the messages kept me grinding and believing I had a chance this cycle. Cheers to class of 2021!

Respect. You earned every bit of it.

Thank you! Honestly, I'm ready to kick butt and devote the next 4 years to studying. Through my current job at the hospital I know I have the patient skills to be a great doctor. I wish you the best of luck as well!
Thank you! That's really awesome to hear-good bedside manner is incredibly important. Wishing you the best as well! Start off pod school with a clean academic (and mind) slate :)