Acceptance Stats for Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. GPA: cum: 3.3 sci:3.0
2. MCAT: 493
3. ECs: volunteering, shadowing.
4. Schools applied to: All 9. Interviewed at: CSPM, Barry, KSCPM, DMU. Declined interview from NYCPM, Scholl
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: Accepted to: CSPM, Barry, KSCPM, Waitlisted At DMU.

Enrolling at: KSCPM. :)

Good luck everyone.
was looking at the what are my chances thread today, and I came across your post. I was one of the people that said go ahead and apply.

Glad to see you got in. And into my #1 school too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. GPA: cum: 3.5 sci:3.0
2. MCAT: 497
3. ECs: volunteering, shadowing, leadership
4. Schools applied to: All 9. II's to all but Temple
5. Acceptances: NYCPM!! declined interview to the other 7 because NY was the goal

Reactions: 6 users
1. GPA: cum: 3.43 sci:3.34
2. ECs: volunteering, shadowing, leadership, Anatomy teaching assistant,
3. Schools applied to: All 9. II's from CSPM, School, Barry, Kent
4. Acceptances: Barry & Kent Waitlisted at CSPM & Scholl
Kent class of 2021!! Cant wait to get there.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. cGPA 3.339; sGPA 3.4; Biochem major
2. 500/26
3. Volunteering at hospital/clinic(~100hrsin college and 200 last year in HS), research for over 2.5 years with publication and multiple poster presentation at conferences, honors/grad classes, shadowing podiatrist(~100hrs) and MDs(~200hrs), TA for chem, tutor, sales associate, treasurer and secretary for chem society.
4. Schools applied and interviewed at: applied to all 9 but interview at Western, NYCPM, Kent, Temple, and Scholl
5. Temple with 11k scholarship for 1st year and renewable based on grades, NYCPM 20k scholarship over 4 years, Western with 4k for the first year, Kent with 5k for the first year, and finally Scholl with a 18k scholarship renewed on a competitive basis for subsequent years.

Scholl College at RFU class of 2021 :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
1. Overall GPA 3.215 (Economics Major GPA 3.386)
2. MCAT 488
3. Hospital volunteer, podiatry shadowing (around 5 different DPMs) and internship, club soccer
4. Applied to all 9 schools
5. Accepted to DMU and Scholl with same scholarship $ for both. Also "conditionally accepted" to NYCPM, but they wanted me to retake MCAT in Janurary and get a bit better of a score. Just put my deposit down for DMU today.

I know my stats are pretty crappy, but I still managed to get interview invites from NYCPM, DMU, Scholl, Kent State, Barry, and CSPM (I cancelled my Barry and CSPM interviews after I got accepted to DMU and Scholl). For anyone who doesn't have a high GPA and/or MCAT score, don't immediately think that you have no chance to get in anywhere. If I can do it with these stats, so can you (unless your GPA is below 3.0 and MCAT below 480...then you might wanna rethink this whole doctor thing).

Congrats dude, hope you kill it at DMU!
I interviewed with you at Scholl and NYCPM (I was the fat brown kid)

Reactions: 1 users
4. Schools applied and interviewed at: applied to all 9 but interview at Western, NYCPM, Kent, Temple, and Scholl

So you applied to all 9 and interviewed at only 5? Were you rejected by the other 4, or you were called for an interview and then turned them / decided not to interview there?

And congrats.

P.s. 500 translates to a 26 on the old MCAT? I thought 500 was a 30.

So you applied to all 9 and interviewed at only 5? Were you rejected by the other 4, or you were called for an interview and then turned them / decided not to interview there?

And congrats.

P.s. 500 translates to a 26 on the old MCAT? I thought 500 was a 30.

For the schools I interviewed at they are all near/in big metropolitan area and that was a huge factor me. After I scheduled Scholl I didn't even bother to step up future interviews at the other 4. I didn't plan to set up more interviews until I would find out my admission decision for Scholl, and when I found out I got in there was no need to.

No way is 500 the new 30, because 500 midpoint its only reasonable to thing it's like 25/26 depending on how you convert it. From what I have seen 508-510 can be considered a 30 on the old exam. I took both the new and old exam and I got 26 on the old and 500 on the new.

For the schools I interviewed at they are all near/in big metropolitan area and that was a huge factor me. After I scheduled Scholl I didn't even bother to step up future interviews at the other 4. I didn't plan to set up more interviews until I would find out my admission decision for Scholl, and when I found out I got in there was no need to.

No way is 500 the new 30, because 500 midpoint its only reasonable to thing it's like 25/26 depending on how you convert it. From what I have seen 508-510 can be considered a 30 on the old exam. I took both the new and old exam and I got 26 on the old and 500 on the new.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I figured that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure.

You wrote "500/26" so I interpreted it as 500 OR 26. But that makes sense. And I guess I'm so used to people say aim for a 500 or better that I assumed 500 was the equivalent of a 30 on the old test.

Have fun at Scholl in '17!

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I figured that was the case, but I just wanted to be sure.

You wrote "500/26" so I interpreted it as 500 OR 26. But that makes sense. And I guess I'm so used to people say aim for a 500 or better that I assumed 500 was the equivalent of a 30 on the old test.

Have fun at Scholl in '17!

I realized after I posted it writing my MCAT like that can come off confusing.
Thanks for pointing it out!

redacted

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Nothing from Kent or Western yet.
Rejected from AZpod.

So Kent & Western received your fully - completed app and just didn't send an invite or a rejection?

How long has it been?

And was the Arizona school a straight up rejection? No ii or anything, just out right sent you a rejection after you submitted your app?

(I'm assuming it's due to their screening)?

So Kent & Western received your fully - completed app and just didn't send an invite or a rejection?

How long has it been?

And was the Arizona school a straight up rejection? No ii or anything, just out right sent you a rejection after you submitted your app?

(I'm assuming it's due to their screening)?

Kent and Western sent me "oh we're looking at your app, we'll send you more info in a few weeks." It's been 3 weeks since their emails.

And Arizona definitely screened me out, haha.

Kent and Western sent me "oh we're looking at your app, we'll send you more info in a few weeks." It's been 3 weeks since their emails.

And Arizona definitely screened me out, haha.

hm.... well you got accepted to a school you wanted, but still... And considering that your science is 2.7 and cumm. is 3.2 I take it the science is what they used to screen you out. Meaning the Temple screen is at or below a 2.7 but the Arizona screen is higher than 2.7

Well congrats anyway. I'm surprised Kent is taking this long. At least we now have an idea of what the Arizona screen is set at

Members don't see this ad :)
At least we now have an idea of what the Arizona screen is set at

I believe someone said in another thread (maybe "aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle"?) that AZPOD told them the screen is at 2.75.
I didn't know they used sGPA to screen though...

I believe someone said in another thread (maybe "aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle"?) that AZPOD told them the screen is at 2.75.
I didn't know they used sGPA to screen though...

Definitely sGPA, because my cGPA is a decent bit higher. Or maybe they just absolutely hated my app!

Definitely sGPA, because my cGPA is a decent bit higher. Or maybe they just absolutely hated my app!
No you're right, it's definitely sGPA! I was just surprised because I didn't know before.

I wonder if AZPOD happens to give priority to sGPA or if it's across all the schools? Or maybe the screen applies to both sGPA and cGPA?

Congrats dude, hope you kill it at DMU!
I interviewed with you at Scholl and NYCPM (I was the fat brown kid)

Hey thanks man. Wish you nothing but the best too. Where'd you end up committing to?

Accepted at Kent

Not to give too much away with my stats but here we go.

GPA: 3.5c 3.2s
MCAT: 493
Lots of ECs
Fun personality
Unfunny humor.

This year in particular seems really difficult, I think pod schools are doing a bit more screening of their applicants. Everyone at my interview had higher MCAT than me. There were a couple who had interviews at MD schools too

Accepted at Kent

Not to give too much away with my stats but here we go.

GPA: 3.5c 3.2s
MCAT: 493
Lots of ECs
Fun personality
Unfunny humor.

This year in particular seems really difficult, I think pod schools are doing a bit more screening of their applicants. Everyone at my interview had higher MCAT than me. There were a couple who had interviews at MD schools too
A few hours ago a Google search led me to one of your threads from last year. You were asking about your mcat score, whether you should retake. And how you were initially hoping to get into D.O. school. The highlight of that thread was actually your "exchange" with Bob lol...

And here you are today.... headed for Kent! Congrats and I hope you learn to love podiatry (if you still think about D.O. school).

Schools might be getting tougher and screening kids out, but all you need is one acceptance

A few hours ago a Google search led me to one of your threads from last year. You were asking about your mcat score, whether you should retake. And how you were initially hoping to get into D.O. school. The highlight of that thread was actually your "exchange" with Bob lol...

And here you are today.... headed for Kent! Congrats and I hope you learn to love podiatry (if you still think about D.O. school).

Schools might be getting tougher and screening kids out, but all you need is one acceptance

The poster also considered dental, pharmacy and optometry etc.
Not saying it's a bad thing or anything. Going to a professional school, you have so much $ on the line that one should do their research.

Not saying it's a bad thing or anything. Going to a professional school, you have so much $ on the line that one should do their research.

Which is what everyone should do. Podiatry offers a lot for students like me with a horrible MCAT score. The chance to be a doctor and a surgeon.

Dentistry offered the most but it's like super hard to get into

Pharmacy offered a nice salary, but oversaturation is a very real threat.

Optometry used to be a wonderful profession, but extreme oversaturation as well as low reimbursement has made it financial suicide.

DO/MD doesn't seem to be worth it anymore if you go primary care, which is what I wanted to do.

I wouldn't touch the carribean with a ten foot pole.

Reactions: 9 users
Which is what everyone should do. Podiatry offers a lot for students like me with a horrible MCAT score. The chance to be a doctor and a surgeon.

Dentistry offered the most but it's like super hard to get into

Pharmacy offered a nice salary, but oversaturation is a very real threat.

Optometry used to be a wonderful profession, but extreme oversaturation as well as low reimbursement has made it financial suicide.

DO/MD doesn't seem to be worth it anymore if you go primary care, which is what I wanted to do.

I wouldn't touch the carribean with a ten foot pole.
Lol glad you found something you can call your own.

Yeah, I understand. And I'm not the type to give @GypsyHummus a hard time for doing that. It's not my money at the end of the day, so it's not my place to comment; I was just describing the thread so he'll know which one I was talking about.

1. cGPA: 3.26 / sGPA: 3.25 from a California State School (No prestige point for me)
2. MCAT: 495
3. ECs:
  • Pharmacy tech for 5 years
  • Research assistant for 2 years - 1 presentation, 0 publications :(
  • Teaching assistant for a foreign language class for 2 years
  • Volunteered at a hospital for only about ~70 hours
  • Shadowed a podiatrist for 16 hours (2 days)
4. Applied to all schools except for DMU and Scholl. I was offered interviews from all 7, but only attended NYCPM, Temple, and Western.
5. Accepted to all 3 schools:
  • NYCPM offered me 0$ of scholarships
  • Temple offered me a 2000$ merit scholarship
  • Western offered me 1000$ merit scholarship
I chose Temple even though Western is only an hour away from my house. For some weird reason, I really loved the vibe of the school and the city of Philadelphia. I love how Temple has its own teaching hospital and is home to other really good healthcare professions programs (MD, PharmD, DMD, Nursing). Temple's foot clinic is also SUPER busy! I also wasn't ready to leave a university system just yet. Western is a graduate university only. I want to be able to route for a team when college football/basketball season comes. It's also time for me to experience life outside of my Southern California bubble and leave my comfort zone.

CHEERS TO CLASS OF 2021!

1. cGPA: 3.26 / sGPA: 3.25 from a California State School (No prestige point for me)
2. MCAT: 495
3. ECs:
  • Pharmacy tech for 5 years
  • Research assistant for 2 years - 1 presentation, 0 publications :(
  • Teaching assistant for a foreign language class for 2 years
  • Volunteered at a hospital for only about ~70 hours
  • Shadowed a podiatrist for 16 hours (2 days)
4. Applied to all schools except for DMU and Scholl. I was offered interviews from all 7, but only attended NYCPM, Temple, and Western.
5. Accepted to all 3 schools:
  • NYCPM offered me 0$ of scholarships
  • Temple offered me a 2000$ merit scholarship
  • Western offered me 1000$ merit scholarship
I chose Temple even though Western is only an hour away from my house. For some weird reason, I really loved the vibe of the school and the city of Philadelphia. I love how Temple has its own teaching hospital and is home to other really good healthcare professions programs (MD, PharmD, DMD, Nursing). Temple's foot clinic is also SUPER busy! I also wasn't ready to leave a university system just yet. Western is a graduate university only. I want to be able to route for a team when college football/basketball season comes. It's also time for me to experience life outside of my Southern California bubble and leave my comfort zone.

CHEERS TO CLASS OF 2021!

First of all, Congratulations! :soexcited: & hello future classmate! I totally agree with you about the vibe of the school and philly - that was also a big reason why I chose Temple.

First of all, Congratulations! :soexcited: & hello future classmate! I totally agree with you about the vibe of the school and philly - that was also a big reason why I chose Temple.

Thank you future classmate! The only thing I don't like about Temple is how the White Coat Ceremony is after the 2nd year unlike other schools who have theirs before they start. It would have been nice to feel official before I descend into hell, but it's not that big of a deal haha!

By the way, good job on your MCAT! I was aiming for a 500+ but sadly failed :bored: haha

With a science gpa if a 3.0 and a cgpa of a 3.0 with working during summers and last 2 school years and going to the temple podiatry internship and 3 lors. What would be a good mcat score for me?

With a science gpa if a 3.0 and a cgpa of a 3.0 with working during summers and last 2 school years and going to the temple podiatry internship and 3 lors. What would be a good mcat score for me?

From what I've seen, as long as you have shadowing and a 500+ (w/ your GPA), you're kind of guaranteed an acceptance (barring you not being socially inept at interview). But then again someone on here got in with a <490 mcat and <3.3 GPA so you should be fine.

From what I've seen, as long as you have shadowing and a 500+ (w/ your GPA), you're kind of guaranteed an acceptance (barring you not being socially inept at interview). But then again someone on here got in with a <490 mcat and <3.3 GPA so you should be fine.
Would it be better to take the jan 19th test or study more and take the april28th test since those are the only ones open for me right now?

Would it be better to take the jan 19th test or study more and take the april28th test since those are the only ones open for me right now?

Well you can't just study for the mcat in 16 days if that's what your plan is. And if you do the April test, then you better score like a 505 or higher if you want to get into a smaller class size school; or a ~500 for the larger/less competitive schools. That would be late in the cycle, but more than doable.

Well you can't just study for the mcat in 16 days if that's what your plan is. And if you do the April test, then you better score like a 505 or higher if you want to get into a smaller class size school; or a ~500 for the larger/less competitive schools. That would be late in the cycle, but more than doable.
Thank you cause I really was worried about not being able to get in to any school.

Thank you cause I really was worried about not being able to get in to any school.

Do you have a LOR from a Podiatrist and do you have enough Pod exposure to write an essay on why you want to be one?

Do you have a LOR from a Podiatrist and do you have enough Pod exposure to write an essay on why you want to be one?
yes I have a letter of rec. I shadowed for 3 summers and also went to the temple podiatry internship.

From the information I've gathered above a 500 will get you interviews. Aim as high as you possibly can, apply early and you'll be happy with the results!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

From the information I've gathered above a 500 will get you interviews. Aim as high as you possibly can, apply early and you'll be happy with the results!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I plan on having my app in at the end of January and early February. It's just that my mcat score will take forever which worries me cause I planned on taking a gap year but just recently decided not to take the gap year which set me back on registering for the mcat.

I plan on having my app in at the end of January and early February. It's just that my mcat score will take forever which worries me cause I planned on taking a gap year but just recently decided not to take the gap year which set me back on registering for the mcat.

If all your app materials are ready, I'd recommend sending everything in before the MCAT and then sending the score when you receive it. Either way, Jan/Feb is around halfway through the application cycle and all of the schools will have plenty of seats they haven't filled. You'll be fine :) just focus on stomping that MCAT.

Edit: I didn't see the previous posts you made. The advice above applies for the Jan MCAT, if you plan to take it in April and apply you'll need a little higher of an MCAT score (I'd say around 505+) and be sure to apply to the bigger schools

Last edited:
If all your app materials are ready, I'd recommend sending everything in before the MCAT and then sending the score when you receive it. Either way, Jan/Feb is around halfway through the application cycle and all of the schools will have plenty of seats they haven't filled. You'll be fine :) just focus on stomping that MCAT.

Edit: I didn't see the previous posts you made. The advice above applies for the Jan MCAT, if you plan to take it in April and apply you'll need a little higher of an MCAT score (I'd say around 505+) and be sure to apply to the bigger schools
Thank you for the advice!!!!

I have been interested in specifically pursuing podiatry school and worked hard in college regardless of the grades/scores needed to enter. I also don't like the notion that stronger stats-->MD or DO schools. I think the curriculum for podiatry school is equally difficult and challenging, and I know that there will be plenty to learn wherever I go.
I like you.

Reactions: 2 users
cGPA:3.55/sGPA:3.64
MCAT:489
HCE:7 yrs in physical therapy as a trainer
Other work experience: Personal trainer for 6 years and implemented 3 fitness programs from the ground up and also Personal Training Director
Shadowing:multiple professions including: Pod,MD,PA-C
Former United States Marine NCO and held leadership positions.
ECs:Food bank volunteer, multiple 5K races volunteer, helping kids with homework etc.
Schools Applied: Barry, Des Moines, Kent, Scholl
Interview Invites: Barry, Kent, Scholl
Acceptances: Kent + Scholarship and cancelled the other 2 interviews

cGPA:3.55/sGPA:3.64
MCAT:489
HCE:7 yrs in physical therapy as a trainer
Other work experience: Personal trainer for 6 years and implemented 3 fitness programs from the ground up and also Personal Training Director
Shadowing:multiple professions including: Pod,MD,PA-C
Former United States Marine NCO and held leadership positions.
ECs:Food bank volunteer, multiple 5K races volunteer, helping kids with homework etc.
Schools Applied: Barry, Des Moines, Kent, Scholl
Interview Invites: Barry, Kent, Scholl
Acceptances: Kent + Scholarship and cancelled the other 2 interviews

Figured you were military. The name fits. Much respect.

1. GPA: 3.44 science: ~3.2 Neurobiology major
2. MCAT: 507
3. ECs: 1000+ hours doing research, tutoring, shadowed podiatrists ~20 hours
4. Schools applied to: applied to 8. got interviews for them all. went to Kent, NY, Temple, Scholl and Des Moines
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: acceptances and scholarships to all.
I just put down my deposit for Scholl! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I received a $6000 scholarship. The scholarships are only guaranteed for one year though. To renew it annually you have to be in the top 25% of the class.
Are you sure it's top 25%? I just got a scholarship from there and they said I can renew it as long as I maintain a 3.0

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone is applying for the joint DPM/PHD at scholl? :) I was just wondering if anyone had information on the stipend and tuition waiver because the website doesn't list specific values

1. GPA: 3.44 science: ~3.2 Neurobiology major
2. MCAT: 507
3. ECs: 1000+ hours doing research, tutoring, shadowed podiatrists ~20 hours
4. Schools applied to: applied to 8. got interviews for them all. went to Kent, NY, Temple, Scholl and Des Moines
5. Acceptances+ scholarships: acceptances and scholarships to all.
I just put down my deposit for Scholl! :)
If you dont mind me asking when did you apply.

1. Overall 3.66, science 3.56 (Biomedical Sciences major)
2. 503 MCAT
3. 35 hours Pod shadow, not including a day in his OR, shadowed one MD, and 225 hours volunteering in an Emergency Department
4. Temple, Barry, DMU, AZPOD
5. II at all, interview at Temple and accepted with scholarship, same with Barry, cancelled the rest and takimg Barry

Was amazed with the friendliness of both schools but Barry is where i felt i fit best. Plus my shadowing podiatrist is an Alum so i may have been swayed a tad!
Hey, I just got an interview from Barry. Can you shine some light on the interview process or the questions asked? it would be really helpful for me. Thank you! My email is Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey, I just got an interview from Barry. Can you shine some light on the interview process or the questions asked? it would be really helpful for me. Thank you! My email is. Thanks!!

Oh that explains your username.
Edit out email for privacy please.

You can PM them to stay anonymous.

Last edited:
Hey, I just got an interview from Barry. Can you shine some light on the interview process or the questions asked? it would be really helpful for me. Thank you! My email is Thanks!!

PM me, had someone just a few days ago ask about how the interview was, Ill copypaste it for you