Academic Nuclear Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tardis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a 4th year medical student who is very much interested in nucs. I have interviews in combined programs as well as in solo nucs programs and rads programs.

I am very interested in nucs in particular because it seems the field as a whole is much more supportive of doing research than rads. If this is a priority, and my aim is to land an academic career in either nucs or rads imaging research, with some balance of clinical work as well, is it still a bad idea to go into the solo programs?

If my goal was private practice, I can see why I would listen to the fear mongering on this thread about the job market. Obviously dual training would be best, but I just want to know if that bias also exists for academic positions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 4th year medical student who is very much interested in nucs. I have interviews in combined programs as well as in solo nucs programs and rads programs.

I am very interested in nucs in particular because it seems the field as a whole is much more supportive of doing research than rads. If this is a priority, and my aim is to land an academic career in either nucs or rads imaging research, with some balance of clinical work as well, is it still a bad idea to go into the solo programs?

If my goal was private practice, I can see why would listen to the fear mongering on this thread about the job market. Obviously dual training would be best, but I just want to know if that bias also exists for academic positions.

It seems that you have interviewed at a place for a position that does not exist.
You are clearly not a 4th year medical student, if you are an MS at all.
We don't have such thing as combined Rads and Nucs programs.
If you have a question, please just ask it honestly. You do not need to pretend to be somebody else.

Combined residencies do exist in Canada. If you have nothing to add, then don't. It was an honest question.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not care about what is going on in Canada with its crappy social medicine. Your turf will be preserved.