This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpatelplasticsurgery

Patel Plastic Surgery
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Written Boards for Plastic Surgery coming up for us Boards-eligible folks this October.

Any study tips / resources worth investing? I have Samuel Lin's PRS Board Review 2nd ed. - I liked using the 1st ed. in studying for the in-service exam. Is it worth going through ACAPS (retired in-service exam) Qs to prepare, or is there another "question bank" out there?

Also, has anyone out there attended the ASPS Boards Prep Course? It's being offered this August in Chicago. Was it useful for Writtens and/or the Oral Exam?

I realize the Written's passage rate is really high...but you never want to be that person who doesn't pass on the first try...

Members don't see this ad.

This is funny. It's been 3 1/2 years since I took (and passed) the Writtens. Oh well!

Folks can PM me for advice on passing. The ASPS Written & Oral Course is really good (for both Writtens and Orals).

I was surprised at how challenging the written exam was. I did ten years worth of old inservices and the Pearls book for prep. I don’t know anyone who took the prep course.