About GW's Career Changer Post-Bacc in Pre-Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatrickGAC

Vendor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fulfilling Your Dream to Become a Physician Begins at GW!

The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is pleased to offer a Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medicine Certificate Program for career-changers who want to apply to medical school but have not yet taken the science courses necessary for admission.

Highlights of the program include:

Prerequisite coursework for allopathic and osteopathic medical schools, including:
o Biology I and II, with laboratory
o General Chemistry I and II, with laboratory
o Physics I and II, with laboratory
o Organic Chemistry I and II, with laboratory
o Biochemistry

All courses restricted to only Post-bac cohort students

A professional development seminar focused on medical school application, writing a personal statement, interview skills, and current issues in healthcare

MCAT preparation through Kaplan Test Prep

Personal advising, including a committee letter of recommendation for medical school application

Assistance in securing healthcare-related volunteer and/or research experience

Linkage to GW's MD Program for qualified applicants

GW's Post-baccalaureate Pre-medicine Certificate Program is a structured, full-time program conducted at GW's Virginia Science and Technology Campus in Ashburn, Virginia, approximately 30 miles west of Washington, DC. The 35-credit-hour program begins each summer session and is designed to be completed in a 12-month period.

For more information, visit our website at http://smhs.gwu.edu/postbac-premed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
Do you know the average GPA for students who get in to GW's post bacc program? What if I receive a 3.4 by the time I finish graduating (currently a senior in the fall). Does that lose my chances of being considered into the program? I want to do a post bacc program, but a lot of programs in CA require you to be a disadvantaged student, which I am not. So I stumbled across GW's program and surprisingly it fits everything that I've been looking for! Any advice or recommendations?

I didn't do my best in some classes, and I want to re-take them to score better and get a better understanding of the material. Is that possible?

I would technically also finish all my required classes.