AAMC section bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted783484

I started going over the section bank from AAMC for physical science and I feel SO discouraged! The passages seemed really difficult to me is it normal to feel this way while working on the section bank? I am scheduled to take the MCAT on April 22nd and I feel so demoralized right now

Members don't see this ad.

I won't be starting them until about a month away from my exam in May, but I feel like it's been generally acknowledged that the section banks are supposed to be very difficult, even for those who have finished content review. And it's that reason why it's supposedly one of the better resources for prepping you for the real thing. It's not just you! I'm looking forward to getting my a** kicked by these :p

Reactions: 1 user
I hear you! Section bank scores are usually dramatically lower than question pack and even full-length scores. I generally find that my students scoring in the 60's on section banks are in decent shape. Over 70 is very good.

That said, the section banks are very good in that they approximate the real MCAT as far as difficulty, complexity, and length of passages.

I hear you! Section bank scores are usually dramatically lower than question pack and even full-length scores. I generally find that my students scoring in the 60's on section banks are in decent shape. Over 70 is very good.

That said, the section banks are very good in that they approximate the real MCAT as far as difficulty, complexity, and length of passages.
So the passages of the real MCAT are similar to the Section Bank?!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's possible to see a couple of passages like the SB. Will you see 230 questions of SB on your test day? Highly unlikely.

Another thing to consider with the C/P Section Bank:

It is more than 50% Biochem, whereas the actual C/P aims to be about 35% IIRC.