AAMC Scored Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have got similar scores that I had both on AAMC and EK. I went and took it. To this day, I regret my decision of taking it and hoping for a miracle. I got about 4 point below my AAMC. I would strongly recommend extending it.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a 500 on the scored AAMC Fl#1 and this was the most discouraging thing I have ever taken so far. My MCAT is on the 28th of this month.I got a 125 on C/P and CARS and 124 on B/B and 126 on P/S. I have been scoring 60s on the EK and I am just confused on if I should change my date or not to the 18th of May. Do these scores align with the real MCAT? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I would use the AAMC Fl as a better score predictor than EK. I would extend it. Try to find out what concepts you are having trouble in and work on them this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
@futuredoctor1995 You should check the average MCAT scores of accepted students at the programs you will be applying to. Even though you are somewhat likely to get 505+, you need to know if that will be good enough to not keep you out of med school.

@futuredoctor1995 You should check the average MCAT scores of accepted students at the programs you will be applying to. Even though you are somewhat likely to get 505+, you need to know if that will be good enough to not keep you out of med school.

I am leaning towards DO schools but I just don't want to end up with a 495 or something less than a 500. That is my main concern.

@futuredoctor1995 Well, if you're sure a 500-505 is OK, and have really researched that (I would also ask user @Goro about it - he's a DO admissions committee member and would be able to tell you if 500-505 is acceptable) ...then take the AAMC FL #2 early this week. If you've scored 500+ on both AAMC FLs, you're unlikely to do worse on the real exam.

500-505 is fine if one applies broadly to DO schools. A 505 will be OK for my school, but not a 500 (nor for CCOM, the coastal Touros or AZCOM)

@futuredoctor1995 Well, if you're sure a 500-505 is OK, and have really researched that (I would also ask user @Goro about it - he's a DO admissions committee member and would be able to tell you if 500-505 is acceptable) ...then take the AAMC FL #2 early this week. If you've scored 500+ on both AAMC FLs, you're unlikely to do worse on the real exam.

Yeah, you're in a tough situation. Sounds like you need to get a 505, but you're on track to fall just short of it. Sorry to say, but voiding the exam sounds like your safest option.