AADSAS application 2017: Army service and diversity of experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rebecca_chatul_tov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been in the Army for 9 and a half years (two years enlisted, seven years commissioned officer) My enlisted time was as a 92F (fueler). I was branch detailed to chemical and switched to AG as a captain.

I enlisted at 28 and did literally tons of volunteer work during and after college (lived overseas for two years in India and Japan).

Right now I have my army positions grouped together (although I talk about it in my PS) as one continuous experience and have like 4 different volunteer experiences, most of which are multi-year. I'm not sure if having like 5 volunteer experiences and 1 employment experience seems lopsided, but I worked really crappy paid jobs after college before I joined. I'm not sure how being a truck driver for Pepsi will help me on my dental school application

Members don't see this ad.

Not really sure a question was asked in that. But I'd list all your work experience anyways. Just the fact that you held a paying job is a good thing.