AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For everyone who has received their MCAT scores recently. Do you remember what time of day they were posted? Was it fairly early or does it tend to be more toward the end of the day? Thanks!
I didn't take it recently but it's anywhere from 8AM to 5PM on the release date. It random but you can follow AAMC twitter account to know the minute when. It's usually before noon-1PM though.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone who has received their MCAT scores recently. Do you remember what time of day they were posted? Was it fairly early or does it tend to be more toward the end of the day? Thanks!
It will also depend what time zone you live in. I'm in the west (Mountain Time), and the scores were released at 9:18 AM.

Reactions: 1 user
It will also depend what time zone you live in. I'm in the west (Mountain Time), and the scores were released at 9:18 AM.

This is probably the only time I'm thrilled to be four hours behind Eastern Time! Currently awaiting that October 3 score release!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear from Barry this past week for an invite? Or Kent? I have 3 invites currently waiting to hear from those two.

Anyone hear from Barry this past week for an invite? Or Kent? I have 3 invites currently waiting to hear from those two.
I heard from Barry a couple weeks ago regarding an invite and I emailed back and forth with Kent yesterday (waiting for my MCAT score to drop Tuesday). Kent held interviews today.

Reactions: 1 users
I heard from Barry a couple weeks ago regarding an invite and I emailed back and forth with Kent yesterday (waiting for my MCAT score to drop Tuesday). Kent held interviews today.
Hmm guess I'm not getting an invite then even though people with lower stats did over me... oh well good thing it's not my top choice I guess lol

Hmm guess I'm not getting an invite then even though people with lower stats did over me... oh well good thing it's not my top choice I guess lol

When I spoke with them, they said they were having trouble with viewing the full application. They couldn't see some of my experiences and the DPM experience. I had to walk him through my app a little bit. If they had to do that for many people, it might slow down the process. They did also talk a lot about how they view the applicant holistically with their experiences and not just #s. Might not have gotten around to you yet; hard to say.

When I spoke with them, they said they were having trouble with viewing the full application. They couldn't see some of my experiences and the DPM experience. I had to walk him through my app a little bit. If they had to do that for many people, it might slow down the process. They did also talk a lot about how they view the applicant holistically with their experiences and not just #s. Might not have gotten around to you yet; hard to say.
I think my ECs are my strongest point.. but they do always seem to be slower than the other schools. I probably shouldn't expect to hear back from every school so soon

interviewed at Kent a few days ago. Anyone else get questioned about grades during interview?! Good sign or bad??
They asked me about my grades as well, I was accepted 2days after the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Give them some time. I got an II from Kent a whole month after they initially received my application. I interviewed today. Have also heard from Barry but I haven’t scheduled an interview.
Thanks for the response!

Because of finances, I want to go to two interviews and then wait to hear if I get accepted or not before scheduling any other interviews. Do interview invites expire? If I interview next week and then wait 2ish weeks to know if I'm accepted, can I then respond to an interview invitation from a month earlier?

Because of finances, I want to go to two interviews and then wait to hear if I get accepted or not before scheduling any other interviews. Do interview invites expire? If I interview next week and then wait 2ish weeks to know if I'm accepted, can I then respond to an interview invitation from a month earlier?
I would respond promptly to the invite and ask admissions for later dates. I would not advise waiting a month to respond.

Reactions: 4 users
I would respond promptly to the invite and ask admissions for later dates. I would not advise waiting a month to respond.
Okay, thanks for the advice! That's probably the best way to handle the situation.

You can always cancel a later interview.

Play it safe.

You can always cancel a later interview.

Play it safe.
I appreciate the advice! I just scheduled interviews at all of the schools that I have been invited to interview at.

Here's to hoping that I won't need them! :)

Received acceptance packet in mail for kent!! Woo!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how living costs for Scholl and Kent compare?

Living around Kent is very cheap. You can rent a 1 bedroom for $600-$800 a month or share a 2 bedroom with a classmate for almost half the price. My girlfriend and I rent a 3 bedroom house with a lot of land for less than $700 each.

I'm taking the MCAT in January. Should I go ahead and apply without my score? Everything else in my application is ready to submit. (Including LORs)

I'm taking the MCAT in January. Should I go ahead and apply without my score? Everything else in my application is ready to submit. (Including LORs)

You can. Depending on your other stats, you might receive interview invites or they might put your app on hold until the scores come in.

It all varies here in North Chicago but, it will be difficult to find a 1-bedroom apt for 600, like that at Kent. It might be possible off-campus, but you would be sharing with few other people.

In student's housing, single goes for around 12K for 10 months, sharing a room with a roommate is around 9K for 10 months. When you share, you have your own bedroom and bathroom, so it's not all that bad. There is also the Woodlands Apt, which has similar pricing, maybe 50 or so bucks cheaper per month.

In student's housing, you will have to pay the electric bill (rest is covered in the rent) so def keep this in mind when living off-campus.

It all varies here in North Chicago but, it will be difficult to find a 1-bedroom apt for 600, like that at Kent. It might be possible off-campus, but you would be sharing with few other people.

In student's housing, single goes for around 12K for 10 months, sharing a room with a roommate is around 9K for 10 months. When you share, you have your own bedroom and bathroom, so it's not all that bad. There is also the Woodlands Apt, which has similar pricing, maybe 50 or so bucks cheaper per month.

In student's housing, you will have to pay the electric bill (rest is covered in the rent) so def keep this in mind when living off-campus.
Thank You!!

Congrats guys on the interviews and acceptances!! My transcripts were received by AACPMAS last Friday, and I called today asking how long the verification process was. I was told 2-4 weeks and 2 weeks being the minimum. Please tell me this isn't entirely true....

It is not. It can take from few days to a week if everything is in order.

Has anyone interviewed at WesternU? I just received an ii today. Was wondering if anyone had any insights into the interview. Can post on here or feel free to PM me! Thanks!

Had my first interview and couple more to go... I'm exhausted

Has anyone interviewed at WesternU? I just received an ii today. Was wondering if anyone had any insights into the interview. Can post on here or feel free to PM me! Thanks!
I interviewed there last cycle. For me it was very conversational interviewing with the anatomy PhD. However, those I interviewed with said that the DPM they interviewed with asked some tougher questions. Use the interview feedback page to prepare.

Just submitted my application. This will probably be one of the best decisions I made as a pre-med student. Hopefully, I can get some IIs!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Is it true that Scholl asks you to speak about current events during their interviews?

Has there been any post interview rejections or waitlist yet besides AZPOD?

Is it true that Scholl asks you to speak about current events during their interviews?

I wasn't asked this either but someone else on my day said they were. The students we were with told us to have a world current event in mind as well.

It probably depends on who is interviewing you. I was asked about it back in July.

I talked about the Affordable Healthcare Act and the VA Provider Equity Act.

You can mention anything relevant to medicine and Podiatry but keep politics and your own opinions out of it.

Last edited:
So, I was a little paranoid and ended up applying to all 9 schools and as of today, I've received 6 interview invites (CSPM, Barry, Scholls, NYCPM, Temple, and Kent) I don't have the time and money to spend to attend every interview. I'm also waiting to hear back from AZPOD. How rude would it be to cancel an interview? And what top 3-4 from this list do you recommend going to?

It is not rude to cancel interviews. Just send them a nice email, thanking them for giving you an opportunity, etc.
That said, if you can afford it, you should attend as many interviews as you can so that you know what each of the schools has to offer.
Everything else is secondary.

So, I was a little paranoid and ended up applying to all 9 schools and as of today, I've received 6 interview invites (CSPM, Barry, Scholls, NYCPM, Temple, and Kent) I don't have the time and money to spend to attend every interview. I'm also waiting to hear back from AZPOD. How rude would it be to cancel an interview? And what top 3-4 from this list do you recommend going to?
Scholl, Temple, Kent, and CSPM. Im a pre-pod though, so what do I know?

What is your top school? If you're waiting on AZPOD, I would keep two more interviews that are also of your top schools because it gives you some backups of course. However, I would pick Kent and Temple.

Go to at least 3.

You can look at board numbers, pass rates, residency placements all you want.

However most pre-pods do not realize a strong candidate will do well despite the numbers reported by each program. High scorers will keep scoring high.

Go to as many as you can. Don't get sucked into the SDN hive-mind. Formulate your own opinions.

If weather, cost, proximity to home, whatever factor is most important to you, go off of that first. Then pick 2 more and attend the interviews unless your 1st one absolutely clicked.

You may end up liking a program you never even considered. Certainly happened to me and many other people I interviewed with.

Reactions: 4 users