AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed at Kent a few days ago. Anyone else get questioned about grades during interview?! Good sign or bad??

I've been asked about grades at both recent interviews I attended. I had a semester dip in grades randomly so they wanted to know what happened and then quickly moved on. I think I gave a one sentence response which was all they were looking for. 3.5cGPA and 3.6sGPA (science degree). At my interview today, they had the couple bad grades circled so when I saw that I was a little worried but it really wasn't too bad. My interviewer scored my interview in front of me which was both terrifying but calming at the same time. He also told me how I did.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email from CSPM earlier this evening stating they they've received my application. Received an II about 30mins ago.
Also got an II from CSPM. We've now heard from all 9!

Reactions: 1 user
You should read the post that @Weirdy made here somewhere regarding your concerns.

Basically, you will do fine at any of the schools you chose to attend. But, when choosing one school, factor in the cost, weather (snow vs heat), where you see yourself happy for the next 4-years, if you need to be closer to your family or not, etc. Also, factor in which state you would like to match and practice in.
Sorry been busy.

Will copy paste or tag. Lemme find it.

I am having a hard time deciding on if and how many interviews I should go to. I did the summer internship at Temple and interviewed there so I will hear back around October 9th, but I have received interviews from Barry, Kent, Western, and Midwestern. I plan on going to Kent because I can drive there and Barry because it's the closer one of the others and I've been looking at it a while, but don't know about Western and Midwestern. I really don't have my heart set on any school and don't know which one I would want to attend, which makes me think I should go to at least 3 of the 4 interviews, if not all, but it is hard because flights are expensive and hard to miss class. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I'm just curious what your guys opinions are on interviewing since I know we are all in the same boat.

Too lazy to find post so here goes:

1) Pick the place where you'll be happiest and do the best during high stress environment. If it depends on weather, facilities, faculty, vibe of the students there then so be it. No criteria is too "nitpicky" or irrelevant. I picked strictly off of warm vs cold weather as primary. I do not regret my decision.

2) Interview at your top 2. Add 1 more as a safety. I had weak stats/medium-strong resume 2.9sgpa 496 mcat. I still got invites to all 9 but applied very early and was done with interviews by mid-end October.

3) Professors at your current institution will understand you have interviews. Apply. Write down all confirmed interview dates. Compare syllabus+ interview schedule and email blast those profs will all interview dates. They will work with you as long as you are not being unreasonable. Same applies to work schedules.

4) Use Airbnb for lodgings unless the price of Uber + Airbnb > discount Hotel + free shuttle provided at certain campuses (Kent comes to mind). Make an account with 1 airline and rack up points. Make the account sign up with your email do whatever it is. It will save you alot of money in the long run and will gain you a lot of miles. I regret not doing that.

I had loans saved up for travel expenses/lodging. Even then I crashed on couches or people I knew. If finances are tight, apply to your top 5. Confirm interviews with top 3 while scheduling your top picks first. I advise going to all 3. Your top picks may end up being your worse and the darkhorse may end up being your favorite.

Last but not least go with your gut. No matter how shiny a campus is, how nice the students are, how great the weather is, if you have a gut feeling that says you may not be successful there, listen to it. Go with your gut.

Reactions: 2 users
Also got an II from CSPM. We've now heard from all 9!
nice!
I'm at 8/9 at the moment, waiting for des moines.
I'm not sure about going to all the II's though.. costs too much

I haven't heard about a decision about my application from Kent. I might have to give them a call sometime this week
Did you already do your interview? I've heard that it takes a week for them to get back to you

Last edited:
I haven't heard about a decision about my application from Kent. I might have to give them a call sometime this week
I'm itching to give DMU a call. I interviewed on 9/7 and they said I would be notified within a week. Still no word.

3.66 cum. 3.05 sci 494 mcat. Well they asked me about a lab that I failed 2 years ago, but it was a lab I didn't even need for graduation.
How was the interview??? I have mines next week, anxiously waiting!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview??? I have mines next week, anxiously waiting!!
interview day was wonderful. Everyone is soooo nice at that school and the pod school is beautiful. Seems like school really wants every student to succeed.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to DMU!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to Barry! If anyone has questions, I would love to answer them. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Finally got that II from CSPM, scheduled a interview at New York for next week, and I just finished the interview at Temple. Temple was honestly the least pressuring, most pleasant interview I've ever had in my life, and the staff were really friendly outside of that. If you're nervous about interviews, I'd recommend giving that school a shot if you're able to. Still waiting for a word from DMU or Kent, but that's just how it goes I guess.

Edit: Just got word from kent about their talent show. I should've been more specific with the genie that is SDN.

Last edited:
3.6 gpa, mcat:rofl:, and good resume with jobs and such. I actually really liked what they had to show and the revised curriculum that they're trying so I'm considering them a lot more than I thought. And Cleveland isn't bad! They also said the last class board scores they had were 92%

same! when is your interview?! Also, is North Chicago a nice/safe place to live?
The school is next to a Naval Base (Naval Station Great Lakes). Lots of boot camp graduation ceremonies. I used to travel there a lot. It's a safe area.

same! when is your interview?! Also, is North Chicago a nice/safe place to live?

It's very safe here. Campus security patrols 24/7 and like Midnightsun32 said the Naval base is another form of protection. We are very far away from downtown Chicago where some of the trouble is.

how do you retract application?
Do I just call the school?

how do you retract application?
Do I just call the school?

Call or send an email to the admissions office. Some may have you fill out a survey.

Just a general question. My app had just been verified now my anxiety has been triggered. How long was it before you got confirmation letters for your app and then interviews? Tried searching but results were too spread out so figured Id make a thread about it.

Anybody get interviews without MCAT scores? I got 3, should I take that as serious interest from them or is it common place to get interview invites without having taken the MCAT yet?

Anybody get interviews without MCAT scores? I got 3, should I take that as serious interest from them or is it common place to get interview invites without having taken the MCAT yet?
Go to them most likely they will be conditional acceptances meaning they'll accept you given you score a certain score or above on the mcat. Do not waste those

Some the same day, some a few days later, and others a couple of weeks later. Just be patient, they will come.

I had 3 as well. All of them wanted my score to give an official acceptance or rejection. One school told me not to worry much about my score and the other two asked me if I would retake if it was low, rather than giving me a rejection.

Which 3 schools if you don't mind me asking?

Also I just paid my fees and submitted my apps today. I am wondering how long verification for everyone's transcripts took. I entered them myself so no waiting for that to be done and they also already have all 4 of my transcripts before I paid my fees. Thanks!

Just a general question. My app had just been verified now my anxiety has been triggered. How long was it before you got confirmation letters for your app and then interviews? Tried searching but results were too spread out so figured Id make a thread about it.
It's varies. I applied in late August and within an hour of being verified, I received an invite. You'll hear back soon! Patience is key

I only received application confirmations so far but it is monday and it seems to be tues-fri when all the schools send out interviews probably because nothing gets verified over the weekend. And from what I've see/read

When i created an account with one of the school's it said they didn't have my mcat scores when they've been verified for a month now? Guess ill give them a call

Last edited:
Has anyone received scholarship info from Kent yet?!

For everyone who has received their MCAT scores recently. Do you remember what time of day they were posted? Was it fairly early or does it tend to be more toward the end of the day? Thanks!