aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take everyone to hear from midwestern after their interview regarding acceptance/rejection info

Thanks for the replies.

I would also like to know and when did they start sending out interview invites?

Submitted 8/20
Invite 9/3
Interview 9/27 (picked date)
Rejection 10/4

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of a *ick move on their part to call you for an interview and then reject you. Traveling expenses is a real thing!

How so? Unless you take the interview to mean you're basically accepted? If I got a rejection AFTER an interview, I would take it to mean I wasn't convincing enough in my interview, or something about me they felt wouldn't fit the school culture. You can take an interview vrs. getting screened and auto-rejected by a computer

Reactions: 2 users
How long did it take everyone to hear from midwestern after their interview regarding acceptance/rejection info

Thanks for the replies.
I think I found out ~10 days after my interview via the online portal.

How so? Unless you take the interview to mean you're basically accepted? If I got a rejection AFTER an interview, I would take it to mean I wasn't convincing enough in my interview, or something about me they felt wouldn't fit the school culture. You can take an interview vrs. getting screened and auto-rejected by a computer

I think getting an interview at one of the 9 schools means that you are more than half-way there of being accepted, granted the interview goes well (atleast with the big class-sized schools).

What I meant to say was that if the school knows they may not take you then it's better to reject than to call for an interview and then reject. It's not like that person's stats will change by the time they interview. But, its also possible that they may have received more applications by the time he interviewed, so they could be picky!

Kind of a *ick move on their part to call you for an interview and then reject you. Traveling expenses is a real thing!

I agree with both of your sentiments to an extent.

This is all speculation but I have a feeling my high graduate non-SMP GPA (3.7) may have given some weight to their decision or made it past the auto-screener.
The interview was my best out of all the interviews. I received acceptances from schools that I had much more nervous/worse interview performances with. I was personable the entire time and made them laugh. I was legitimate and did not mince words or put on a fake pretense just for the sake of selling myself. I don't believe in that.

While it would have been nice to save me the trouble of using my graduate loans to fly to AZ, I do not regret getting to check out the students, facilities, and faculty of the program. Every single one of the guys interviewing with me were extremely cool people and had very different life stories.

I firmly believe I was not the applicant they were looking for. After getting over the general soreness that comes with a rejection, I was extremely grateful I even got an interview invite.

To this day I still have the rejection letter on my desk to keep me grounded.

Reactions: 4 users
I think getting an interview at one of the 9 schools means that you are more than half-way there of being accepted, granted the interview goes well (atleast with the big class-sized schools).

What I meant to say was that if the school knows they may not take you then it's better to reject than to call for an interview and then reject. It's not like that person's stats will change by the time they interview. But, its also possible that they may have received more applications by the time he interviewed, so they could be picky!

Boss, the last time I was rejected in an academic scenario I didn't even get an interview. They flat out said no! But I bet if I had an interview (especially a face-to-face one), I would have had a higher chance of being accepted. There's just something about talking in person. You can make eye contact, show that you're genuine, serious, change the pitch in your voice, shed some tears. How many times have you read someone's message, text, and thought they were joking but they were being serious, or vice versa?

In the grand scheme of things, the money you're supposedly saving will just fund something else, why not use it towards school? If I have to borrow money to fly to an interview just to get rejected a few days later, I wouldn't see it as wasted money. I'll just beat myself up for not doing enough to convince them.

so basically, I get what you're saying that "if they know they wont take you, why waste your time?" but I think they're usually borderline / on the fence if they ask you to come in and interview; they haven't decided yet

I felt like my best interview was from the only school I got rejected to.

Reactions: 1 user
So, Jose has interviewed at Temple and Kent, but am awaiting my interview at NYC on 5/17... What do I do if I am granted acceptances at Kent and Temple, but want to wait?

So, Jose has interviewed at Temple and Kent, but am awaiting my interview at NYC on 5/17... What do I do if I am granted acceptances at Kent and Temple, but want to wait?

Only 3 choices, broski:
> Take the Kent acceptance and disregard everyone else!

> Take the Kent a acceptance and disregard everyone else!

Pick one!

Reactions: 3 users

Email admin and ask for extended deadline.

Kent gave me another 30 days to decide. They understand you may have interviews after their offer deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only 3 choices, broski:

Pick one!
It's hard man, my life is back on Long Island. 9hr+ drive. Unless Kent gives me an offer I can't refuse I'm gonna go to NYC or Temple.

It's hard man, my life is back on Long Island. 9hr+ drive. Unless Kent gives me an offer I can't refuse I'm gonna go to NYC or Temple.

Kent was awesome when I went there. Really great faculty and staff.

Wow you're attached to NYC like that? I understand where you're coming from though. You'll get into NYCPM. I got a call from them a few days ago asking if I plan to finish and submit my app because there are still seats.

Wear a speedo and skate on the boardwalk for me.

anyone hoping for movement on the alternate waitlist at DMU or have any expectations for that happening?

anyone hoping for movement on the alternate waitlist at DMU or have any expectations for that happening?

well I believe someone already that had payed their deposit is going to end up going to a DO school. So I'd say hold out as long as you can and continue talking to admissions and getting your name to be remembered if DMU is your #1! (psst which it should be! that's where I'm going!)

well I believe someone already that had payed their deposit is going to end up going to a DO school. So I'd say hold out as long as you can and continue talking to admissions and getting your name to be remembered if DMU is your #1! (psst which it should be! that's where I'm going!)

Tell them to accept me!

Care to share your stats? Id love to go to DMU and am just seein if i would even be competitive

Is DMU where the rent is around $600 for 1-bd apt?

yes. I don't have anything yet, but I've seen plenty of 1 bd apartments for 600 or so. seen some in the 500's. obviously nicer apartments are a bit more like 700 or so. Really cheap cost of living.

yes. I don't have anything yet, but I've seen plenty of 1 bd apartments for 600 or so. seen some in the 500's. obviously nicer apartments are a bit more like 700 or so. Really cheap cost of living.

Good to know. It's always good to save wherever possible!

Their outcomes are pretty sweet also!

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 7.43.19 PM.png

Care to share your stats? Id love to go to DMU and am just seein if i would even be competitive

I had a 3.4 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA and a 498 MCAT. I did have lots of EC's and thousands of hours of volunteer work. Worked 20 hours a week through most of my semesters in undergrad. Also strong upward trend in GPA. My freshman year was a 2.7. The rest of the way was around 3.7. I also think I had a really good interview and was what sealed the deal. I got a pretty good scholarship with these stats. I think though according to their website my GPA and MCAT are pretty average for the matriculates at DMU.

Good to know. It's always good to save wherever possible!

Their outcomes are pretty sweet also!

View attachment 218664

I am very biased at this point and admit it, but of all the schools I saw, I really liked DMU's facilities the best. I think if anyone gets a chance to interview at DMU, go and at least check it out to see if you like it. You may not think you will like Iowa or the cold, but I think their facilities and great outcomes make it worth it to at least check it out.

Still waiting for Temple... Interview with NYCPM the 17th... Officially accepted to Kent with 2500$ scholarship... How long does Temple take to get back to you?(MCAT received on the 2nd).

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting for Temple... Interview with NYCPM the 17th... Officially accepted to Kent with 2500$ scholarship... How long does Temple take to get back to you?(MCAT received on the 2nd).
I'm waiting on Temple too.

When did you apply/send all info?
Applied Mid march and waited for my new mcat which came out May 2nd. Sounds like a similar situation to you. I interviewed a year ago at the their internship program. I also called them and they said it was would only take a day or two when they got my new scores. This was last Wednesday the day my scores got received by the application service.

Applied Mid march and waited for my new mcat which came out May 2nd. Sounds like a similar situation to you. I interviewed a year ago at the their internship program. I also called them and they said it was would only take a day or two when they got my new scores. This was last Wednesday the day my scores got received by the application service.
Alright, I am guessing it will take till the end of the week. Hopefully we both get in with great scholarships.

Alright, I am guessing it will take till the end of the week. Hopefully we both get in with great scholarships.
Yeah that would be nice since it's my number 1 but waiting sucks. Stupid hurry up and wait

[deleted] B/c I answered my own question!

Last edited:
Anyone still shadowing or plans to shadow while waiting for the MCAT score? I already have a DPM letter but was thinking to shadow after the MCAT to get another letter, in case my score is not too hot. Ideally, the letter would be from a faculty or a residency director!