AACOMAS Program Materials Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jvnn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I'm finishing up my apps but I'm kinda stuck on the section where you assign your courses to meet the prereqs of each DO school.

An example is DMU, who has a biology prereq and a biochem prereq. I have biochem classes that fall under biology and biochemistry, so do I list them in both biology and biochem or just biochem? Not sure if they allow this overlapping when assigning courses.

Another example is where one prereq is upper div bio elective 1 and upper div bio elective 2. Do I assign all my upper div bio classes to both? Or add them separately without adding one course to two different prereqs? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
So I'm finishing up my apps but I'm kinda stuck on the section where you assign your courses to meet the prereqs of each DO school.

An example is DMU, who has a biology prereq and a biochem prereq. I have biochem classes that fall under biology and biochemistry, so do I list them in both biology and biochem or just biochem? Not sure if they allow this overlapping when assigning courses.

Another example is where one prereq is upper div bio elective 1 and upper div bio elective 2. Do I assign all my upper div bio classes to both? Or add them separately without adding one course to two different prereqs? thanks!
For the Biology prereqs, they are typically looking for your general biology courses and/or other bio courses that you took (i.e. microbiology, anatomy, etc). However, you can also list Biochemistry there as well. Overlapping is fine. Just make sure you also include it as part of the Biochemistry prereq section as well.

For Upper Division Bio Elective 1, just choose one upper level bio course. And for Elective 2, choose one more upper level bio course.