AACOMAS 2017-2018 Application Opening Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Section3Kid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the application for AACOMAS is open? It says May 4th is when you can submit, but is it open before that so we can get everything ready? The only reason why I ask is because I need to submit my primary on May 4th because I got into HCOM's summer scholars program and need it submitted on that date for a guaranteed interview. The only issue is I will be at drill May 4th and my access to a computer will be limited. Also do we need a transcript with our primary or does that go out with secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You can fill out like 85% of the app at any time.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I open it up right now I can start filling it out for the coming cycle?

I think so! I filled out most of my app last week.

What am I doing wrong then? I cant seem to open up the application page. I get a 404.

Maybe they close it from now until May 4th, I'm not sure because I haven't checked yet!

Yeah I'm a little confused as well, it says "
  • May 4, 2016: AACOMAS application open for submissions"
But when you try and open it, it isnt the 2017-2018 cycle. My guess is that it opens on May 4th, because amcas opens on May 2.

You can fill out like 85% of the app at any time.

So you can do this and you won't be considered a reapplicant? Does it automatically convert to the 2017-2018 cycle with all your answers saved?

So you can do this and you won't be considered a reapplicant? Does it automatically convert to the 2017-2018 cycle with all your answers saved?

As long as you don't submit to any schools, you won't be a reapplicant. Everything except LOR/LOE and specific program materials carry over to the next cycle.

The AACOMAS website now says the cycle is opening August 2, 2017. Anybody know the reason why they pushed it back from the usual early May release?

This is what it says on my login page

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 8.15.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 8.15.58 AM.png
    54 KB · Views: 93
This is what it says on my login page

Looks like it was a typo because I just checked and they changed it to May 4th. I'm assuming it was some clerical error caught quickly.

Looks like it was a typo because I just checked and they changed it to May 4th. I'm assuming it was some clerical error caught quickly.

So is it pretty much the same as AMCAS? It opens early in May, but you cant submit until early June? Or can you submit any time prior to June, but it doesnt get sent out until June?

So is it pretty much the same as AMCAS? It opens early in May, but you cant submit until early June? Or can you submit any time prior to June, but it doesnt get sent out until June?

You can submit it as early as you want and even send your transcripts before submitting just to speed up the process. The schools just won't see it until June 15 at the earliest.

Reactions: 3 users