A warning about the University of St. Augustine (On Campus DPT Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StAugTruth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my experiences both good and bad about the USA St. Augustine campus DPT program. (Note I won't give away my name for obvious reasons.)
The good:
The weather, most teachers, the new anatomy set-up.

The bad:
The new curriculum is not finished, it is not complete, and IT IS NOT ACCREDITED... YET.
The school is accredited, the new curriculum has not been yet.

The administration/ school lies a lot to students and also to teachers. (Teachers and students will downplay this until it's too late for them and they are either kicked out of school or fired.)
-Seriously multiple teachers have been fired (no one is entirely sure why), such as the Dr. Conrad's.
--One of the main problems of the medical field is that different fields are so disjointed you have to take very different paths that you can't transfer between schools, prices are going up, and your pay is going down compared to the cost of living.
They lied to the current blue class by not telling admitted students that the classes after them are on a new curriculum AND THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER YOU TO IT. So basically it'll take you longer than necessary to graduate because of the administration's incompetence, and guess who gets to pay the bill...YOU AND YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS.

THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN SUED BEFORE FOR LYING TO STUDENTS specifically about their Orthopedic Physician Assistant program. (Yes I know this isn't the DPT program, but still it doesn't instill trust in the school.) You can find out more by typing in the following to Google: university of st augustine sued (and click on any links) it'll take some digging but you'll eventually come across some actual legal documents that'll scare you more than any movie.)

Currently the school has a general outline of classes for each semester but has only actually figured out the first four semesters. (They still won't produce a flow-chart with class pre-requisites upon request though so I'm not entirely sure if they have anything past second semester figured out.)
Overall the administration has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Another big problem is that there is nothing in place to hold the school/administration/teachers in check without risking your own personal employment/financial future at risk. I have personally seen students fail a practical by a point or two because a teacher marks a student off for not telling the patient to breathe when in fact the student performs a flawless practical.

A key problem about Graduate/Undergraduate schools in general is that they don't accurately report graduation data. On average about 40-60% of students per class WILL NOT GRADUATE ON TIME for USA students.

They are shifting a large portion of the schooling online. If the class says "Blended" it's really just online with one or 2 total days in class.

Lastly, the school has horrible priorities. The school finds it more important to subtract points from your grade for not shaving perfectly or dressing professionally at all times than the students ability to learn. It's kind of like the school is blaming you for a patient falling over in the clinic. They fire you for an eyelash falling in the patients eye during the evaluation 5 minutes ago, when the real reason the patient fell is because the school spilled oil all over the floor while you and the pt. were gait training.

*This isn't solely for the purpose of scaring people away, but rather giving you everything they won't tell you, so you can make the best decision for yourself. Hopefully when prospective students start asking these questions they'll start solving the problem rather than hiding the mess they made.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is scary. There are tons of pros and cons. Will I still be able to sit for my boards?

Are you speaking for the program in California, Texas, or Florida?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you actually attending the school or is this all here say?

Are you actually attending the school or is this all here say?

There was a bit of discussion about this in the USA Fall 2017 thread (starts towards the bottom of the page): University of St. Augustine Fall 2017

Frankly, most of the people I've seen who are USA alumni or currently attending have enjoyed their time there. I think StAugTruth may have a slightly negative outlook on things, so like with anything on these forums, take others' opinions with a grain of salt and do your own research.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my experiences both good and bad about the USA St. Augustine campus DPT program. (Note I won't give away my name for obvious reasons.)
The good:
The weather, most teachers, the new anatomy set-up.

The bad:
The new curriculum is not finished, it is not complete, and IT IS NOT ACCREDITED... YET.
The school is accredited, the new curriculum has not been yet.

The administration/ school lies a lot to students and also to teachers. (Teachers and students will downplay this until it's too late for them and they are either kicked out of school or fired.)
-Seriously multiple teachers have been fired (no one is entirely sure why), such as the Dr. Conrad's.
--One of the main problems of the medical field is that different fields are so disjointed you have to take very different paths that you can't transfer between schools, prices are going up, and your pay is going down compared to the cost of living.
They lied to the current blue class by not telling admitted students that the classes after them are on a new curriculum AND THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER YOU TO IT. So basically it'll take you longer than necessary to graduate because of the administration's incompetence, and guess who gets to pay the bill...YOU AND YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS.

THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN SUED BEFORE FOR LYING TO STUDENTS specifically about their Orthopedic Physician Assistant program. (Yes I know this isn't the DPT program, but still it doesn't instill trust in the school.) You can find out more by typing in the following to Google: university of st augustine sued (and click on any links) it'll take some digging but you'll eventually come across some actual legal documents that'll scare you more than any movie.)

Currently the school has a general outline of classes for each semester but has only actually figured out the first four semesters. (They still won't produce a flow-chart with class pre-requisites upon request though so I'm not entirely sure if they have anything past second semester figured out.)
Overall the administration has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Another big problem is that there is nothing in place to hold the school/administration/teachers in check without risking your own personal employment/financial future at risk. I have personally seen students fail a practical by a point or two because a teacher marks a student off for not telling the patient to breathe when in fact the student performs a flawless practical.

A key problem about Graduate/Undergraduate schools in general is that they don't accurately report graduation data. On average about 40-60% of students per class WILL NOT GRADUATE ON TIME for USA students.

They are shifting a large portion of the schooling online. If the class says "Blended" it's really just online with one or 2 total days in class.

Lastly, the school has horrible priorities. The school finds it more important to subtract points from your grade for not shaving perfectly or dressing professionally at all times than the students ability to learn. It's kind of like the school is blaming you for a patient falling over in the clinic. They fire you for an eyelash falling in the patients eye during the evaluation 5 minutes ago, when the real reason the patient fell is because the school spilled oil all over the floor while you and the pt. were gait training.

*This isn't solely for the purpose of scaring people away, but rather giving you everything they won't tell you, so you can make the best decision for yourself. Hopefully when prospective students start asking these questions they'll start solving the problem rather than hiding the mess they made.
I’m a current 4th term student on the new curriculum and I can tell you all that this is largely untruthful. The program has had the 8 semester courseload plan available since I arrived in Jan 2017. Course content is largely the same as the previous curriculum with the changes being more based on what exactly is given in each course. The change allows the students to be more prepared for internship by 5th semester. And as anyone who knows how new curriculum is approved and accredited, the curriculum must be completed before full “accreditation” can be granted. Every DPT program changes the curriculum ever so often and must go through this process. Not a problem, just a step in the process the better the program for future students.

Reactions: 3 users