A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there only limited interview dates?
1/20 & 1/23. Apparently more will open later.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed before Christmas break heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 12/12. 504 3.8

Reactions: 4 users
When I emailed the admissions team to see the status of my post-secondary application I got the following reply: "It will take a minimum of 8-12 weeks for it to go through the screening process. Once a final decision has been made, you will be notified via email." Application was complete on 12/20/16. Is this a silent rejection?

When I emailed the admissions team to see the status of my post-secondary application I got the following reply: "It will take a minimum of 8-12 weeks for it to go through the screening process. Once a final decision has been made, you will be notified via email." Application was complete on 12/20/16. Is this a silent rejection?
I don't think so! I submitted my secondary probably around the end of October and received an interview invite 11/11. If I remember right you should be able to go to the secondary application and look at your application status.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so! I submitted my secondary probably around the end of October and received an interview invite 11/11. If I remember right you should be able to go to the secondary application and look at your application status.
So I just checked the status and it just states the following even though it's been 3 weeks: "This is your checklist of Tasks for the Application.Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing after you submit your secondary application before checking your status." and there's nothing but Application submitted. :/

So I just checked the status and it just states the following even though it's been 3 weeks: "This is your checklist of Tasks for the Application.Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing after you submit your secondary application before checking your status." and there's nothing but Application submitted. :/

When I check my status it has a list of the following (with check marks next to it in the status section)
Application Submitted Completed 10/30/2016
Application Fee Paid Completed 10/30/2016
Letters of Recommendation Completed 10/31/2016
Test Score Completed 10/31/2016
Application Completed

Does yours have this? I wouldn't be too concerned being that it was submitted 12/20, which is around the time of their Christmas break. Keep your head up :)

When I check my status it has a list of the following (with check marks next to it in the status section)
Application Submitted Completed 10/30/2016
Application Fee Paid Completed 10/30/2016
Letters of Recommendation Completed 10/31/2016
Test Score Completed 10/31/2016
Application Completed

Does yours have this? I wouldn't be too concerned being that it was submitted 12/20, which is around the time of their Christmas break. Keep your head up :)
Thanks. That's exactly what I have with the date being 12/20

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they call or email you? If call, do you remember the number?

They called, number is (660) 626-2100. If you're not from the MO area I'd just keep my eye out for a 660 number as I'm sure they have multiple lines!

I just got the call. Accepted. Interviewed 12/12. I'm in complete shock.

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance call a couple hours ago! I am so so happy, but it still feels like a dream! Looking forward to our class!

Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance call this morning! I interviewed on 12/19.
MCAT: 499
GPA: 3.85
Science GPA: 3.76

Reactions: 3 users
II today.. How is the interview format? And where did you all fly into?

II today.. How is the interview format? And where did you all fly into?
I actually just drove. Interview format is relatively relaxed, but you have three one on one interviews for 20-30 minutes each. One with a clinician, one with an admissions representative, and one with a faculty member, or at least that's how mine was.

Really hoping I hear something tomorrow! (interviewed 12/9)

Reactions: 2 users
Had an email last week requesting a second physician letter of reference after submitting my secondary. Would they be inquiring for additional if they weren't considering me for an interview?

Had an email last week requesting a second physician letter of reference after submitting my secondary. Would they be inquiring for additional if they weren't considering me for an interview?
I had a similar situation where they asked for my semester grades. Received an II the day I sent them in. I don't think they would be asking if they weren't interested.

For all of you getting accepted based on seat pending, many many of my classmates had this acceptance and we are going into second semester now. Just be patient and good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Congrats. 1/31 is the deadline for deposits so you may see something after that.
Oh really? That's good. I was expecting having to wait till april 15 or may 15 to see some movement. (just from what I've read on other threads)

II just now been complete since 9/9 lol if only they invited me sooner I would've gone D=

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the "accepted pending a seat" email. Interviewed four weeks ago tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think it's great that the school offers you a seat the next year if a seat does not become available this year

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Looking into housing here. Any areas that I should avoid? if anyone is willing, I'll pm the specific places so someone who lives/has lived in Kirksville can tell me if I proceed or not. Trying not to end up in the ghetto.

I might have a shot at student housing, but it seems like some places are marginally cheaper and bigger if you just want to live a mile or two away.

Can anyone please recommend the best airport to fly into? I see Des Moines and KC as the closest options - is that it?

Can anyone please recommend the best airport to fly into? I see Des Moines and KC as the closest options - is that it?

I believe KC and Des Moines are about the same distance from Kirksville but KC is the much better option in terms of availability and price of flights, depending on where you're from.

STL offers flights to Kirksville, but that's an additional $100 or so on top of your flight to STL.

So KC if you're driving, STL if you only want to fly.

I believe KC and Des Moines are about the same distance from Kirksville but KC is the much better option in terms of availability and price of flights, depending on where you're from.

STL offers flights to Kirksville, but that's an additional $100 or so on top of your flight to STL.

So KC if you're driving, STL if you only want to fly.
MVP candidate.

Much appreciated.