A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Here is questions from last year. Hopefully they do not change too much.

1. What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM?(Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

2. What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician?(Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

3. Please list any changes or updates to your AACOMAS application. This section may be left blank if your AACOMAS application is complete and accurate:

When do they start sending out the secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received secondary email today. Will update with prompts when I have time to look at it.

Last edited:
Secondary received!

Have you applied to KCOM previously?

What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician? (Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

Please list any changes or updates to your AACOMAS application. This section may be left blank if your AACOMAS application is complete and accurate:

Reactions: 1 users
Feeling like every school secondaries is kinda similar

GUYS why on earth does it ask for ACT and GRE unofficial scores but not MCAT?!

The profile section is completely blank on mine too

Same! And it won't let me save my "what was changed since last year" essay.

I assume you just need to fill in LOr information and they will automatically download it from AACOMAS?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if "Have you ever had disciplinary action taken against you by any professional society or professional association?" includes academic probation?

does anyone know if "Have you ever had disciplinary action taken against you by any professional society or professional association?" includes academic probation?
I don't think so, and if your primary shows that you had an academic probation, you are not lying so no need to worry.

So, do you guys copy and paste the clinical experience or you actually re-write everything?

So, do you guys copy and paste the clinical experience or you actually re-write everything?
That is what I am wondering too. I was thinking I would just copy and paste. I don't want to seem lazy, but I also already pretty much summed everything up and don't have a whole lot of new info to add.

Question:

How do you guys submitted the application? In essay part, I left the changes in my AACOMAS blank, and it does not allow me to submit the supplemental application.

Question:

How do you guys submitted the application? In essay part, I left the changes in my AACOMAS blank, and it does not allow me to submit the supplemental application.
Just say that AACOMAS is complete and save.

Submitted this secondary today. Anyone know when they start sending out IIs? I might look back at last years thread to see.

Edit: looks like IIs started late July.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone had any trouble verifying letters of recommendation through AACOMAS to this school.

Im debating just sending to schools via inter folio in order to speed up the process.

@cjcarter How did you guys fill out the test scores section?

There is no MCAT section and I have not taken anything on here except the SAT.

@cjcarter How did you guys fill out the test scores section?

There is no MCAT section and I have not taken anything on here except the SAT.

I only took the ACT so I filled that part out and left the rest blank. I was able to submit no problem.

Complete and under review. Hope I get some love from this school!

Secondary received...super excited about this school!

Hey @cjcarter quick question,
When did you complete supplement?
Also did AACOMAS provide LORs or did you use inter folio.
Completed the secondary 6/26 and I used interfolio.

Secondary submitted.

Is this like a gang beat-in initiation ?:diebanana:

Secondary submitted!

Are SAT/ACT scores required? I took the SATs about six years ago and I don't have any idea what my score was. I did take the MCAT though and graduate with a bachelor's degree.

Are SAT/ACT scores required? I took the SATs about six years ago and I don't have any idea what my score was. I did take the MCAT though and graduate with a bachelor's degree.
Negative.

just got the complete and under review email

Has anyone else had any trouble paying? It keeps saying my info is wrong and that my card isn't working.. I literally just paid for another secondary like 20 minutes before