A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, so does anyone know which CHC's are still left? I know someone earlier in the thread mentioned there were only 4 unfilled CHCs
Your best bet to make an informed decision is to contact the admissions office. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I just got an interview invite for March 31st. I was wondering if that is too late in the cycle to try and get an acceptance ?

Hi! I just got an interview invite for March 31st. I was wondering if that is too late in the cycle to try and get an acceptance ?

Congrats on the II! Not necessarily - you were offered an interview, which means that there are seats available. However, I would say that the class is about 70-80% full (as DO schools are rolling admissions, most schools are almost filled up). I would definitely try to make it though if you can/are interested. :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

They also do deferred acceptances where they'll offer you a seat for next year's class. They pull people off the deferred acceptance list before they go onto the waitlist. Last year, they went through all the people on the deferred acceptance list and even into the waitlist.

They also do deferred acceptances where they'll offer you a seat for next year's class. They pull people off the deferred acceptance list before they go onto the waitlist. Last year, they went through all the people on the deferred acceptance list and even into the waitlist.

Hello,

I interviewed on 02/24/17. I've heard that the admissions committee has a pattern of letting students know of whether or not they have been accepted around the 2nd week on a Wednesday or Thursday, is this true to some extent ? And if accepted can it be either by email or phone call? Or are acceptances done only by phone call? Thanks for all of your insight and time!

Hello,

I interviewed on 02/24/17. I've heard that the admissions committee has a pattern of letting students know of whether or not they have been accepted around the 2nd week on a Wednesday or Thursday, is this true to some extent ? And if accepted can it be either by email or phone call? Or are acceptances done only by phone call? Thanks for all of your insight and time!

I received my phone call exactly 2 weeks from when I was interviewed. You'll receive an e-mail a few days letter with the acceptance letter!

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks! Do you know what kind of format the interview is? I can't find anything on their website..

I received my phone call exactly 2 weeks from when I was interviewed. You'll receive an e-mail a few days letter with the acceptance letter!

One more question. When you received your phone call, who exactly was it that called you? Is it the faculty that conducted your 30 minute interview? Thanks for your time.

Hi everyone. So, I submitted my secondaries yesterday which I realize is late in the cycle...but that's b/c I applied pretty late since I only learned about ATSU SOMA pretty late. Anyhow, I really like their mission and would LOVE to go there. Any ideas about my chances of getting an interview? or when can I expect to hear back from them in general? Thanks!

Just got an acceptance offer! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone else still in the process!

Mnrn it was an admissions rep :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance offer! I am so excited! Good luck to everyone else still in the process!

Mnrn it was an admissions rep :)

M4145: Wow congratulations!! Did you interview on 02/24/17 as well?? And did they literally just call you like right now?? SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Just got an acceptance offer! Interviewed 2/24. Good luck to everyone else! It's a great school :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance offer! Interviewed 2/24. Good luck to everyone else! It's a great school :)

3451021: Congratulations 3451021! Did they just call you right now?!?! So happy for you!

M4145: Wow congratulations!! Did you interview on 02/24/17 as well?? And did they literally just call you like right now?? SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
Thanks! Yes I did interview on the 24th! I posted about 15 minutes after the call. Good luck to you!

I received an email from admissions asking me to verify my phone number about 30 minutes ago (they had it wrong). Does this mean they are going to call soon? I also interviewed on 2/24.

This suspense is killing me!!

I just got a call, acceptance - pending an open seat! I interviewed 2/24

I just got a call, acceptance - pending an open seat! I interviewed 2/24

Question: is acceptance pending an open seat the "alternate list"? Is the alternate list different than a waitlist?

It's interesting that I just got an II from this school today. This is really late in the cycle. I already have an offer from a different school and Arizona is really far away from me. I'm planning to go for an interview and check it out, but they got to have some really good reasons for me to move all the way up there. Anyone else making tough decisions at this time?

From my understanding it is one step above the alternate list, which is a waitlist. And I saw in past threads they had a deferred acceptance list where they pulled from the pending acceptances and even people from the alternate list.

I have heard that they call people for acceptances from the 02/24/17 interview both today (Wednesday) and tomorrow (Thursday). Not sure how true this is. Does anyone know? Or is it pretty much if you don't get a phone call today then they aren't going to call?

Hi all. The remaining CHC were flagstaff, ohio, south carolina and hawaii. However, I still got my #1 choice which was Seattle.

How many people usually get accepted off the a waitlist? I know it varies each year, but I would like just an estimate. Thanks!

ANyone knows how many interview dates are remianing at ATSU-SOMA?

oh...i just submitted my secondaries. i hope they have some more dates coming up :'(
Hat is really late. If you apply again next year apply early. You will have a better chance then.

I just scheduled myself. Only one opening left. 3/31 was the last one I saw.
Congrats! When were you complete? I've been complete since September and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Congrats! When were you complete? I've been complete since September and still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
I submitted mine sometimes around there too. I think this might be them picking up the left overs lol. Idk if there are still openings left but good luck to you.

I just scheduled myself. Only one opening left. 3/31 was the last one I saw.

actually, the secondaries aren't officially due until April 1st. So I'm wondering now what happens to the ones who submit around the deadline?

actually, the secondaries aren't officially due until April 1st. So I'm wondering now what happens to the ones who submit around the deadline?
Oh really. I did scroll to April and did not see any dates opening. Maybe they'll open up more later on?! I don't know. I never scrolled to May though BTW.

Oh really. I did scroll to April and did not see any dates opening. Maybe they'll open up more later on?! I don't know. I never scrolled to May though BTW.
Interviews tend to last until the end of April. So it still might be worth to submit the secondaries. I wish you guys the best!

WOW finally submitted that beast, four days before the two week "deadline". That's definitely the longest any secondary has taken me thus far!

what 2 week deadline...? the secondaries aren't officially due until april. And I know this is super late, but jsut wanted to know how things turned out for u ?

Interviews tend to last until the end of April. So it still might be worth to submit the secondaries. I wish you guys the best!

thanks! I am a nervous wreck right now because I know how late it is. I am already sitting on another acceptance, but ever since i learned about SOMA, I know this is where I wanna go! Wish i knew abt it earlier... ugh. BTW, any ideas abt how long they take before they invite u for an interview or not?

How long did it take for admin to send the acceptance email with information after the initial accepted phone call? I received the call yesterday afternoon but haven't gotten any emails yet.

Hey guys. I'm late to the game but just got an II. Trying to decide if I want to attend. I see above someone mentioned the available CHC at this point. Anyone know if there is a lot of movement among the CHC sites due to people dropping/etc? I'm not too interested in the ones left. Sorry if this has been talked about I tried using the search first

First time posting here, I got a II today!!! Super excited, but also questioning whether it is worth going to because it it so late in the game.... Is this an interview for the wait list?

just wondering, when did you submit your secondaries!?

GOODLUCK ON THE INTERVIEW :)

what 2 week deadline...? the secondaries aren't officially due until april. And I know this is super late, but jsut wanted to know how things turned out for u ?
Unofficial two week deadline. And I withdrew after being admitted to other schools.

Do you happen to know if they have sent out denial letters/emails ? And if so, do they send these out around the same time they issue the acceptance offers? I'm curious. Thanks for your time.

Do you happen to know if they have sent out denial letters/emails ? And if so, do they send these out around the same time they issue the acceptance offers? I'm curious. Thanks for your time.

That, I'm not too sure about to be honest. You might want to check on previous posts to see if anyone has mentioned it! Sorry!

Did you get a phone call? I remember one particular member did not get a phone call, but found out he was accepted.

That, I'm not too sure about to be honest. You might want to check on previous posts to see if anyone has mentioned it! Sorry!

Did you get a phone call? I remember one particular member did not get a phone call, but found out he was accepted.

Hi Luckyely91, thank you for you replies. I truly appreciate this. Just out of curiosity, the particular member who didn't get a phone call, but found out he was accepted, how did he end up discovering he was accepted ? Did he just call the school himself and ask? Or was there some other form of communication that he discovered he was accepted ?

Hi Luckyely91, thank you for you replies. I truly appreciate this. Just out of curiosity, the particular member who didn't get a phone call, but found out he was accepted, how did he end up discovering he was accepted ? Did he just call the school himself and ask? Or was there some other form of communication that he discovered he was accepted ?

And no I have not gotten a phone call yet.

Just got an interview invite yesterday. Is this pretty much for waitlist/pending seat spots?

EDIT: On their interview page in the portal it says "Due to high demand and limited seats, we are interviewing pending an open seat in the class."

Last edited:

I don't remember exactly, but I believe he received an e-mail a few days afterward. You can look through previous posts though just to make sure. :) I don't remember how the school lets applicants know about denial/rejection.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe he received an e-mail a few days afterward. You can look through previous posts though just to make sure. :) I don't remember how the school lets applicants know about denial/rejection.

Thanks luckyely91, I truly appreciate all of your replies and insights.

Good morning everyone! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the class of 2021?