MD & DO 504, 3.8 cGPA and 3.68 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argin457

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying to DO and MD schools and wanted suggestions on which specific schools I should look out for?

I don't think MD will be possible, but was still wondering if there are any low tier MD schools that might accept these stats?

ECs: scribing, assistant, front desk, EMR as well as plenty of non-clinical volunteer work.

Members don't see this ad.

For MD schools you may have a chance at your state public schools depending on your state of residence. You could apply to Quinnipiac, NYMC, Albany, Drexel, Temple, GW, Oakland Beaumont, Creighton. Also apply to at least 10 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For MD schools you may have a chance at your state public schools depending on your state of residence. You could apply to Quinnipiac, NYMC, Albany, Drexel, Temple, GW, Oakland Beaumont, Creighton. Also apply to at least 10 DO schools and you are competitive for all DO schools.
I stalk your posts a bit and have noticed you recommend the above schools for the mcats in the 502-504 range. However, Albany, quinnipiac, GW, drexel, and temple have 10th %iles at 505 or 506. Just curious what your rationale is, for my own planning.

I stalk your posts a bit and have noticed you recommend the above schools for the mcats in the 502-504 range. However, Albany, quinnipiac, GW, drexel, and temple have 10th %iles at 505 or 506. Just curious what your rationale is, for my own planning.
OP is at or below the 10th percentile but has a good GPA. I included Drexel and Temple in case OP is a PA resident. The chances for an interview are low which is why I recommend applying to DO schools.

DO schools or a serious 510+ mcat retake

DO schools or a serious 510+ mcat retake

I am currently applying to 10+ DO schools. I think PCOM is #1 so far for me, but others have suggested to change it to VCOM or touro.

My stats aren't competitive for MD and it would be a waste of time for their admission committees.

Status
Not open for further replies.