5 Weeks To Go, Worried About Low Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tradkeke

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for the summer, although I admit not as much as I should have been. However, I have been doing in general okay on TBR passages, which most said were pretty challenging (I thought so at least). However, after taking my second full length I am slightly worried.

I have taken NS 1 and 2 and I got a 505 on both. The NS 2 Bio section wrecked me.

Here is my score breakdown

NS 1: 126/126/126/127
NS 2: 127/127/125/126

I think I can improve psych because I've reviewed almost none of it because I felt decent on the first test but this second one was definitely more challenging and showed me I need to start on that harder.

I got worried because I saw one thread from awhile ago where someone said if you were scoring 505> on NS he saw like 10 point drops on AAMC.

Then I found a reddit thread where this guy would predict MCAT scores for people and someone had a solid 505-506 on all NS tests and he predicted a 514 for the guy and he got that (or like a 512, I don't remember).

Obviously I want to score as high as possible but I definitely want 510+ (515+ was my original goal but my 2 FLs pretty much threw that out of the window) and right now I feel like I'm nowhere near that.

Should I reschedule? Does anyone have any insight on if they scored similarly and what they got on either the real test or the practice AAMC tests? I don't want to take those if I'm going to reschedule as I would rather use them when I'm sure I'm going to take the real thing.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

With only 5 weeks to go, you should start AAMC materials immediately.
I think it's unlikely you need to reschedule, but unfortunately the only way to find out for sure is to take an AAMC FL.

Reactions: 1 user
With only 5 weeks to go, you should start AAMC materials immediately.
I think it's unlikely you need to reschedule, but unfortunately the only way to find out for sure is to take an AAMC FL.

What should I be doing? I have all the material but I was told to save it until right before the test. So I was going to take the 3 tests within the last 3 weeks. How should I incorporate my other materials? I feel good on almost all subjects except for physics and some gen chem so I can speed content review up if needed.

Take one of the FLs ASAP to determine whether you need to postpone your exam.

Other than that, work away at the question packs, section bank, etc. Plan at least 5-6 days to get through the section bank; it's pretty dense and will prepare you for the hardest questions on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take one of the FLs ASAP to determine whether you need to postpone your exam.

Other than that, work away at the question packs, section bank, etc. Plan at least 5-6 days to get through the section bank; it's pretty dense and will prepare you for the hardest questions on the MCAT.

I can't take one probably for a week because I am studying around a job that I just got called up to full time for the next week, which was not supposed to happen. So most studying will be in spare hours at night. Should I do questions packs? Would you recommend saving the other material until closer? If I use it now what will I do then?

Which AAMC full length would you recommend? Thanks for all the help, I'm pretty lost in all the material I should use. At this point do you think I should prioritize practice over the rest of my physics content review? I spend a good chunk of time on it and it seems like there are barely any questions on it.

Do either the sample test or FL1 next week. I would save FL2 for the week before your test, as it seems to be the most predictive practice test in terms of scoring.

As far as the other material goes, I think starting with the question packs would be good. They tend to contain easier questions that test your content knowledge, so they'll let you know if you have gaps in your studying.

I would have at least a superficial understanding of all the MCAT physics topics, as you never know which one will show up on your exam. Memorize formulas as well.

Do either the sample test or FL1 next week. I would save FL2 for the week before your test, as it seems to be the most predictive practice test in terms of scoring.

As far as the other material goes, I think starting with the question packs would be good. They tend to contain easier questions that test your content knowledge, so they'll let you know if you have gaps in your studying.

I would have at least a superficial understanding of all the MCAT physics topics, as you never know which one will show up on your exam. Memorize formulas as well.

Update: Took AAMC Sample

Results: 69%/85%/69%/68% when plugged into the predictor I got 510
Questions correct per section: 41/59 45/53 41/59 40/59

How accurate is this? I know I can get my psych/socio score up because I haven't touched it too much. I finished with over 30 minutes left on that section because I just didn't know the differences/definitions between answers and terms.

As far as bio, I think I can get a few questions better by learning simple stuff such as single amino acid letters and better memorizes some high yield cell stuff I keep missing but I think I'm kind of at where I'm at. On C/P I think I can get up a little bit because I have too many unmemorized physics formulas and need to brush up on organic chem. CARS probably about where I'll stay, maybe a little better but I felt good on it.

Do you think my score can go up any with only about a month to go? Should I look into rescheduling if I'm aiming for 510+, is anywhere around 515 attainable? Any info is appreciated, trying to decide if I should retake sooner rather than later. Your help has been incredibly useful, thank you!!!

510 is definitely achievable. 515 might be possible, as it sounds like you have some content left to learn.

I think you have the right idea re: working on learning psych and soc terminology, physics equations, and single-letter amino acid abbreviations.

510 is definitely achievable. 515 might be possible, as it sounds like you have some content left to learn.

I think you have the right idea re: working on learning psych and soc terminology, physics equations, and single-letter amino acid abbreviations.

I read on reddit that the AAMC sample isn't very accurate anymore, is that true? I'm really wanting at least a 510. I just feel scoring in the 60s is very far off from a 510. When would you recommend taking the other full length? 2 weeks out? Then the last one around 1 week? Or should I take them earlier and take harder tests such as Altius closer to the exam?

Thank you!

Maybe take #1 as soon as you're done content review (sounds like you're not done P/S content yet), then #2 a week before your exam.

First off, relax and don't spend so much time reading these score conversion things.

The AAMC materials are by far the most similar to the real thing. You should take one of the AAMC FLs now. Believe me, if you buy all the question packs too you will have plenty of stuff to go through right before your test. Take an AAMC FL right now to see where you're really at and to cool down. You'll probably score higher than you think.

@workaholic181 @pms_testosterone

Hey guys, plan on taking another FL tomorrow. I currently have both AAMC FL and NS 3 and 4. However, I'm assuming I'll have to buy more exams. I was considering buying and taking an EK exam (either 3 or 4) tomorrow just to get some more variety from my third party companies. What do you guys think? I've heard they are great but also not very representative so didn't know if I should do that or NS when I'm this close to the test. Or should I say screw FLs and work on the SB?

Thanks!

Hey guys, plan on taking another FL tomorrow. I currently have both AAMC FL and NS 3 and 4. However, I'm assuming I'll have to buy more exams. I was considering buying and taking an EK exam (either 3 or 4) tomorrow just to get some more variety from my third party companies. What do you guys think? I've heard they are great but also not very representative so didn't know if I should do that or NS when I'm this close to the test. Or should I say screw FLs and work on the SB?

Thanks!

I personally only used one third party companies exams and felt fine with that.. I don't think "variety" is really what you want; the best thing about third party exams is that they help you practice timing and expose content areas you might not be totally up on. If it were me I would just finish your NS series and move right into AAMC asap

I personally only used one third party companies exams and felt fine with that.. I don't think "variety" is really what you want; the best thing about third party exams is that they help you practice timing and expose content areas you might not be totally up on. If it were me I would just finish your NS series and move right into AAMC asap

Thanks for the advice. Due to circumstances I couldn't take my full length today so I did the bio section from the official guide. Oh my Lord. I don't know if I was having an off day but that section was ROUGH. I'll be taking a NS exam tomorrow, spend a 3-4 days to review and learn weak topics, then take my final one. Then do the section bank for a few days. This will put be approximately 2 weeks till MCAT, then do one AAMC FL, then 1 week from MCAT do the other. In between the two AAMC FLs I would review them in depth, do any remaining SB and study any weak concepts.

Does this sound like a plan? Or should I take more FLs. If I follow this plan by total FL tests will be 7. I'm slightly worried because I see many people saying take 10-12 and 2 per week during the last month. What do you think? I could probably afford to buy a few EK or a few Altius.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. Due to circumstances I couldn't take my full length today so I did the bio section from the official guide. Oh my Lord. I don't know if I was having an off day but that section was ROUGH. I'll be taking a NS exam tomorrow, spend a 3-4 days to review and learn weak topics, then take my final one. Then do the section bank for a few days. This will put be approximately 2 weeks till MCAT, then do one AAMC FL, then 1 week from MCAT do the other. In between the two AAMC FLs I would review them in depth, do any remaining SB and study any weak concepts.

Does this sound like a plan? Or should I take more FLs. If I follow this plan by total FL tests will be 7. I'm slightly worried because I see many people saying take 10-12 and 2 per week during the last month. What do you think? I could probably afford to buy a few EK or a few Altius.

Yea usually people try to take AAMC FL 2 a week before the test. Sounds good to me! You'll be fine just keep your head up. It's almost over.

Hi guys,

Im sorry I'm posting this here.
My MCAT examination is on August 11th and I'm pretty worried.
I've done a couple of Princeton and Kaplan Fl's with an average of 501-503, as well as the section banks with an average of 70%-75% and the Official guide questions with 23/24/23/21.
Yesterday I completed the AAMC unscored FL and got 75%/66%/81%/75%.
Do you guys think that i might have a chance of scoring somewhere between 512-515 ?
Im so stressed and any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Yea usually people try to take AAMC FL 2 a week before the test. Sounds good to me! You'll be fine just keep your head up. It's almost over.

Thanks! I was feeling pretty good about it until those guide questions! I don't know what it was but they were tough for me. I think I need to do more bio because I think I get bogged down in the details when there are words I don't quite understand and it trips me up. My goal is to improve on the NS exam I take tomorrow from my first two! I've 50/50 because I read generally on NS you score about the same on all of them because they make them progressively harder but we'll see! I'll keep this thread updated as I'm sure I'll have more questions!

Sorry to be a nuisance but a quick question. Should I take NS --> AAMC 1 --> NS ---> AAMC 2? Instead of both NS in a row and saving AAMC 1 for later? I was thinking about it and taking AAMC 1 might give me a better idea of what I should spend more time studying while I have more days unitl my test. Would taking AAMC 1 3 weeks out from test day instead of 2 weeks be a good idea? Then NS 4 2 weeks out then AAMC 2 1 week out? Or is it important for me to finish the SB first before using AAMC exams? Sorry if this sounds neurotic I just want to make the most of my final days of studying.

Sorry to be a nuisance but a quick question. Should I take NS --> AAMC 1 --> NS ---> AAMC 2? Instead of both NS in a row and saving AAMC 1 for later? I was thinking about it and taking AAMC 1 might give me a better idea of what I should spend more time studying while I have more days unitl my test. Would taking AAMC 1 3 weeks out from test day instead of 2 weeks be a good idea? Then NS 4 2 weeks out then AAMC 2 1 week out? Or is it important for me to finish the SB first before using AAMC exams? Sorry if this sounds neurotic I just want to make the most of my final days of studying.

Yea I would take AAMC asap!

Yea I would take AAMC asap!

Sit Rep @workaholic181 @pms_testosterone

All sections of NS 3 actually went same as the others other than expected except for C/P which I bombed and got a 124. Total of 503. Not happy with it but I feel I have time to improve on the mistakes I made. This felt SIGNIFICANTLY harder to be than the sample which I thought was relatively easy compared to my NS stuff.

My question now. I plan on putting off NS 4 for now as I feel I need more practice with review than I need just practice taking full lengths. So my plan was to review this exam over 1-2 days, then work on the section bank. Try to finish that then take AAMC 1. If I have time I'll take NS 4 in between AAMC 1 and 2 just for more practice but I want to prioritize AAMC material right now.

How does this sound? Or would you guys suggest AAMC 1 before SB? I know you said AAMC ASAP but I thought I read elsewhere to work through SB before either scored FL? Not disagreeing with you guys! Just don't want to waste a full length!

Thanks for all the help, it's been invaluable!

You're right, most people do SB before FL 1 and 2.

However, as long as you're completely finished content review, the FLs should be pretty predictive of your score, so if you're still wondering if your score is going to be high enough, you could take FL 1 at any time now.

As long as you give yourself enough time to make it through all AAMC materials, any of the strategies you listed above should be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
You're right, most people do SB before FL 1 and 2.

However, as long as you're completely finished content review, the FLs should be pretty predictive of your score, so if you're still wondering if your score is going to be high enough, you could take FL 1 at any time now.

As long as you give yourself enough time to make it through all AAMC materials, any of the strategies you listed above should be fine.

Thanks! So basically what you're saying is either way I will have the same end result on test day, but one way my FL 1 would just be more predictive (after SB)?

Also, do you think it's necessary to work in the last NS FL? Or if I have time do you feel it would be more beneficial to start to go over the SB for a 2nd time?

Thanks!

Yes, I suppose it might be slightly more predictive if you take it after SB.

I didn't use NS, so I can't comment on how useful that test is. I went over SB twice and found it helpful.

Bad news today. I took AAMC FL 1 and half way through during my break by test glitched out an ended. No big deal because I can retake but I saw my score and felt absolutely defeated. 127 C/P and 125 CARS I knew I did awful on CARS because I unknowingly spent almost 2x the time on the first passage as I should have.

This just happened. Is it even worth taking the rest of the test today? If my goal is 510 should I just reschedule now? Feeling pretty bad about my score right now.

@pms_testosterone @workaholic181

So you finished CARS before the glitch?
If you can put your partial score out of your mind and finish the test, I might recommend doing that. If not, leave it to another time when you're fully able to concentrate on it. The reason I'm recommending for you to finish the test and get the full score is that you'll be able to make a more confident decision about whether or not to score your real MCAT.

If you can put your partial score out of your mind and finish the test, I might recommend doing that. If not, leave it to another time when you're fully able to concentrate on it. The reason I'm recommending for you to finish the test and get the full score is that you'll be able to make a more confident decision about whether or not to score your real MCAT.

Yes, I finished CARS but I didn't even get to read 2 whole passages and I panicked through the others. After the initial shock value of a 125 wore off I decided I'm going to power through and finish the rest. I just finish Bio and am currently on my break. Bio felt good, usually bio I'm lost but I think just being mad about the test made me focus super hard on it. Either that or it was just super easy. Hopefully the former. It might have been a good thing overall, it really gave me a kick in the pants, when I was taking NS tests I could say "Oh these are supposed to be harder" seeing such an awful score on my AAMC test was like telling me I need to focus and actually give these next 3 weeks my all if I don't reschedule. I'll update you in about 2 hours!

Thanks for such quick help

Well my percentages were decent I thought but my overall score is abysmal.

End Result: 504 - 127/125/126/126

Percentages: 71%/74%/71%/80%
Overall: 74%

So my percentage increased from the sample and all of these except for CARS are the highest I've got on any practice test. I'm confident I can get my CARS up slightly as it is usually one of my better sections but I just screwed myself with the timing today. I think this goes to show don't trust the AAMC sample converters! My percentage was worse in every section except CARS and it predicted a 510. I think it also shows I've been focusing more on my psych/soc than my physics and ochem.

What do you think? I'm so confused because if I look at the percentage, I'm doing okay but when I look at my overall score it's pretty depressing. At this point I really don't want to waste AAMC 2 or SB if I'm going to reschedule but I also don't want to reschedule because I feel like I can still improve but I don't know if that's a naive pipe dream.

Well my percentages were decent I thought but my overall score is abysmal.

End Result: 504 - 127/125/126/126

Percentages: 71%/74%/71%/80%
Overall: 74%

So my percentage increased from the sample and all of these except for CARS are the highest I've got on any practice test. I'm confident I can get my CARS up slightly as it is usually one of my better sections but I just screwed myself with the timing today. I think this goes to show don't trust the AAMC sample converters! My percentage was worse in every section except CARS and it predicted a 510. I think it also shows I've been focusing more on my psych/soc than my physics and ochem.

What do you think? I'm so confused because if I look at the percentage, I'm doing okay but when I look at my overall score it's pretty depressing. At this point I really don't want to waste AAMC 2 or SB if I'm going to reschedule but I also don't want to reschedule because I feel like I can still improve but Idon't know if that's a naive pipe dream.

The thing with the percentages is, they don't equate directly to your score. I'm pretty sure the number you get, say a 504, is based on your percentile. Your percentile is based on the percent you got right compared to everyone else who took that test. I'm not sure if the AAMC FLs are percentile ranked on everyone's first attempt, or all attempts.

You have what, three weeks left? If it were me I would not re schedule but I'm a pretty confident test taker usually and ultimately that's what this test comes down to (plus a ton of prep obv). If you feel you can't be confident for your original test date given today's 504 then I'd reschedule.

Honestly though it kind of sounds like that glitch totally threw you and yhis maybe wasn't the most indicative thing. I would study for another week then take AAMC 2.

The thing with the percentages is, they don't equate directly to your score. I'm pretty sure the number you get, say a 504, is based on your percentile. Your percentile is based on the percent you got right compared to everyone else who took that test. I'm not sure if the AAMC FLs are percentile ranked on everyone's first attempt, or all attempts.

You have what, three weeks left? If it were me I would not re schedule but I'm a pretty confident test taker usually and ultimately that's what this test comes down to (plus a ton of prep obv). If you feel you can't be confident for your original test date given today's 504 then I'd reschedule.

Honestly though it kind of sounds like that glitch totally threw you and yhis maybe wasn't the most indicative thing. I would study for another week then take AAMC 2.

I'll probably fully review this test, try to finish the section bank questions + CARS qpack, then take AAMC 2. Obviously mix in some content review on what I'm weak on.

I'm usually a pretty confident test taker and I've always done well on standardized tests. I usually get the "Hard" questions (as NS labels them) where it is more reasoning and inference from the passages, it's the discrete questions that get me (not necessarily just the ones in-between passages). I didn't use Kaplan but I think I'm going to try to make sure I know all the concepts on their "quicksheets" and hope that helps.

I'm honestly just so shocked still, not necessarily that I think I should have done better, but on NS my percentages were the same or lower in every section and I got a 505 and it was a 504 on the actual AAMC. Not saying that AAMC is wrong, I had just heard all over the place that you can expect your score to go up from NS exams to the real thing.

I'll probably fully review this test, try to finish the section bank questions + CARS qpack, then take AAMC 2. Obviously mix in some content review on what I'm weak on.

I'm usually a pretty confident test taker and I've always done well on standardized tests. I usually get the "Hard" questions (as NS labels them) where it is more reasoning and inference from the passages, it's the discrete questions that get me (not necessarily just the ones in-between passages). I didn't use Kaplan but I think I'm going to try to make sure I know all the concepts on their "quicksheets" and hope that helps.

I'm honestly just so shocked still, not necessarily that I think I should have done better, but on NS my percentages were the same or lower in every section and I got a 505 and it was a 504 on the actual AAMC. Not saying that AAMC is wrong, I had just heard all over the place that you can expect your score to go up from NS exams to the real thing.

Ha! I thought I was the only trailer park boys fan on SDN.

Again unfortunately idk if your percentile score for aamc fl1 is based on everyone's first attempt or the aggregate scores. For instance, I got a 504 on my first attempt, and then retook it after studying it (which is wise of you to do btw) and got like a 520. So that could be throwing it off a lot. On test day your percentile will be based on how your % right compares to everyone else who took that same test on that test day only.

Again I wouldn't let this get you down. You sound like you have a good plan to learn all you can from aamc fl 1.

Ha! I thought I was the only trailer park boys fan on SDN.

Again unfortunately idk if your percentile score for aamc fl1 is based on everyone's first attempt or the aggregate scores. For instance, I got a 504 on my first attempt, and then retook it after studying it (which is wise of you to do btw) and got like a 520. So that could be throwing it off a lot. On test day your percentile will be based on how your % right compares to everyone else who took that same test on that test day only.

Again I wouldn't let this get you down. You sound like you have a good plan to learn all you can from aamc fl 1.

I love trailer park boys, I don't know how the show is so consistently funny.

You got a 504 the first time too? How long did you have between FL 1 and 2 and did your score improve? Were you satisfied with your real MCAT?

I have a pretty average GPA (probably like 3.7 when I would apply) and ECs but super strong research so the MCAT could greatly effect where I could get II at which is why I'm being so neurotic about it. Higher MCAT could lead to "better" schools, which for me means ones in areas that accommodate me and fiance and her job. So the MCAT has some pretty big implications for me which is why I'm putting such a huge emphasis on if I should reschedule. Not just to be annoying!

At the stage I'm at (20 days out) do you think it is wise to spend a day retaking AAMC FL1? Would you advise doing it soon or after SB and FL2?

Thanks for all the insight, I'm gonna review CARS right now!

I love trailer park boys, I don't know how the show is so consistently funny.

You got a 504 the first time too? How long did you have between FL 1 and 2 and did your score improve? Were you satisfied with your real MCAT?

I have a pretty average GPA (probably like 3.7 when I would apply) and ECs but super strong research so the MCAT could greatly effect where I could get II at which is why I'm being so neurotic about it. Higher MCAT could lead to "better" schools, which for me means ones in areas that accommodate me and fiance and her job. So the MCAT has some pretty big implications for me which is why I'm putting such a huge emphasis on if I should reschedule. Not just to be annoying!

At the stage I'm at (20 days out) do you think it is wise to spend a day retaking AAMC FL1? Would you advise doing it soon or after SB and FL2?

Thanks for all the insight, I'm gonna review CARS right now!

I had a 504 on aamc FL 1 and like 10 days later took aamc fl2 and got a 510. I get my score back Tuesday (totally understand if that kills all my advice for you lol) but I feel good about it.

You're not being annoying. Sounds like you have a solid profile otherwise, so just take that confidence in test day.

I actually printed out all of my aamc fl passages and questions and went through each one I got wrong and took detailed notes. Took like two days but helped a lot. Then I retook aamc fl1. I do think this is helpful as I kind of learned how to look for important info in mcat questions. I remember thinking aamc fl 1 was so hard first time around but retaking it made me realize that its actually pretty straightforward.

If I were you I'd review aamc fl 1, do SB, retake aamc fl 1, then take aamc fl 2.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a 504 on aamc FL 1 and like 10 days later took aamc fl2 and got a 510. I get my score back Tuesday (totally understand if that kills all my advice for you lol) but I feel good about it.

You're not being annoying. Sounds like you have a solid profile otherwise, so just take that confidence in test day.

I actually printed out all of my aamc fl passages and questions and went through each one I got wrong and took detailed notes. Took like two days but helped a lot. Then I retook aamc fl1. I do think this is helpful as I kind of learned how to look for important info in mcat questions. I remember thinking aamc fl 1 was so hard first time around but retaking it made me realize that its actually pretty straightforward.

If I were you I'd review aamc fl 1, do SB, retake aamc fl 1, then take aamc fl 2.

Just wanted to take some time out of my studying to say I hope you surpassed your target score! You're messages have been really helpful these past few weeks! Wishing you the best!

For what it's worth, ended up getting a 514. This approach worked for me, I hope it helps you too op.

For what it's worth, ended up getting a 514. This approach worked for me, I hope it helps you too op.

Congratulations!

If I get a 514 after getting a 504 on AAMC 1 because of your approach I will name my child after you.

Congratulations!

If I get a 514 after getting a 504 on AAMC 1 because of your approach I will name my child after you.
N=1 here but I ended up with a 508 after a 503 on AAMC #1. Keep the faith.

Kind of just a procedural question, but when exactly would you check your answers on SB? Would you do it right after you finished or would you do a chunk of passages in a row then review them all together? I know it's generally recommended not to take them timed so I won't be, but I was wondering how people actually did them. I didn't know if doing multiple in a row was important, obviously not for timing but just for endurance. I plan on hitting them hard tomorrow as I'm done with work and reviewing my AAMC FL 1 as of right now.

Thanks!

Hey guys, just a quick question.

So I'm doing the SB now and it's actual going pretty well. I'm actually enjoying studying for the first time. I'm about 2/3 done with C/P and will finish it today and probably start B/B. My percentages are decent with C/P around 70%. However, I'm taking a LOT of time per passage? Don't get me wrong, I'm learning a lot from them both about the test and information I didn't know. I would say I never do a passage in under 20 minutes though, with my average probably being around 30. If there's a question I don't know instead of guessing I'll spend 5 min digging for any ounce of a hint I can find. Should I start doing them under timed conditions like 8-9 min per passage? Or restricting my time? Say 15-20 min? Or would you say keep on with how I'm doing it now?

Thanks!

Hey guys, just a quick question.

So I'm doing the SB now and it's actual going pretty well. I'm actually enjoying studying for the first time. I'm about 2/3 done with C/P and will finish it today and probably start B/B. My percentages are decent with C/P around 70%. However, I'm taking a LOT of time per passage? Don't get me wrong, I'm learning a lot from them both about the test and information I didn't know. I would say I never do a passage in under 20 minutes though, with my average probably being around 30. If there's a question I don't know instead of guessing I'll spend 5 min digging for any ounce of a hint I can find. Should I start doing them under timed conditions like 8-9 min per passage? Or restricting my time? Say 15-20 min? Or would you say keep on with how I'm doing it now?

Thanks!

I did time myself on the SBs but frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with your approach. Again the biggest thing that helped me was just kind of figuring out the games the MCAT plays.. it sounds like you're doing that. The only question is if you can translate it to time under pressure too. Maybe take a final FL to get back in timed mode a few days before you test?

I did time myself on the SBs but frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with your approach. Again the biggest thing that helped me was just kind of figuring out the games the MCAT plays.. it sounds like you're doing that. The only question is if you can translate it to time under pressure too. Maybe take a final FL to get back in timed mode a few days before you test?

SBs went decent. C/P started off rocky but once I got into the groove of the questions it was alright. B/B was the opposite, started off super hot then missed 7/10 of the last questions.

Final of those two were

C/P - 62
B/B - 65

Not super happy with them, but considering some of my AAMC FL percentages were around that and the SB is supposed to be some of the harder questions I'm hoping I can do better when I take FL 2. Any insight on how those percentages look? I know they aren't 520 material but could I realistically get 510 or above? Anything north of 510 would be phenomenal.

Tentative plan as of right now is do P/S SB tomorrow and the next day (I feel like I'll be doing a lot of studying over that) and then retake AAMC FL 1 Wednesday, review any gaps in content Thursday and take AAMC FL 2 Friday. Let's hope it all goes to plan.

SBs went decent. C/P started off rocky but once I got into the groove of the questions it was alright. B/B was the opposite, started off super hot then missed 7/10 of the last questions.

Final of those two were

C/P - 62
B/B - 65

Not super happy with them, but considering some of my AAMC FL percentages were around that and the SB is supposed to be some of the harder questions I'm hoping I can do better when I take FL 2. Any insight on how those percentages look? I know they aren't 520 material but could I realistically get 510 or above? Anything north of 510 would be phenomenal.

Tentative plan as of right now is do P/S SB tomorrow and the next day (I feel like I'll be doing a lot of studying over that) and then retake AAMC FL 1 Wednesday, review any gaps in content Thursday and take AAMC FL 2 Friday. Let's hope it all goes to plan.

I don't remember my percentages for the SBs but they were definitely not "good". Something about the SBs just really encompassing a lot of the possible content you might see made them difficult to me. I definitely think they're harder than scored AAMC FL sections.

So yea I do think you can still score 510+. These SBs are good practice but the most important thing IMO is your Fl 1 retake and the score you get on Fl 2. You're in a decent place, just keep your head up.

I don't remember my percentages for the SBs but they were definitely not "good". Something about the SBs just really encompassing a lot of the possible content you might see made them difficult to me. I definitely think they're harder than scored AAMC FL sections.

So yea I do think you can still score 510+. These SBs are good practice but the most important thing IMO is your Fl 1 retake and the score you get on Fl 2. You're in a decent place, just keep your head up.

Thank you! I'll update again either after I take SB or retake FL 1!

@workaholic181 Sit rep: things did not go according to plan. I was starting the P/S SB and am doing AWFUL. I don't know if it's just because I suck at it or because I need more review. I'm learning from it, but I almost feel like I'm wasting the material. Do you think I should spend a day or two and hammer through that 100 page K/A sheet on reddit? Then do the SB? Or do you think I should just keep going and see how it goes? When I say bad I mean bad. Most passages are 3/6. Don't see how I could be above 55% overall right now.

@workaholic181 Sit rep: things did not go according to plan. I was starting the P/S SB and am doing AWFUL. I don't know if it's just because I suck at it or because I need more review. I'm learning from it, but I almost feel like I'm wasting the material. Do you think I should spend a day or two and hammer through that 100 page K/A sheet on reddit? Then do the SB? Or do you think I should just keep going and see how it goes? When I say bad I mean bad. Most passages are 3/6. Don't see how I could be above 55% overall right now.

Again, don't freak out from SBs; they're gonna present a lot of info you don't know cause they're just a ton of question in one content area.

I would opt for plan A more so because it seems like what you're doing now is making you uncomfortable more so than anything else. Shore up your p/s knowledge tomorrow. Luckily for you it is definitely the easiest content area to hugely improve in a small amount of time.

Also
Again, don't freak out from SBs; they're gonna present a lot of info you don't know cause they're just a ton of question in one content area.

I would opt for plan A more so because it seems like what you're doing now is making you uncomfortable more so than anything else. Shore up your p/s knowledge tomorrow. Luckily for you it is definitely the easiest content area to hugely improve in a small amount of time.

Also would add; whatever your score on AAMC FL1 is far more indecisive of where you're rally at for p/s right now

Also

Also would add; whatever your score on AAMC FL1 is far more indecisive of where you're rally at for p/s right now

Sounds good, thanks for the encouragement. I'll do that tonight and tomorrow. How would you recommend I adjust my studying to suit this? To try to make things easier for you I'll put what my idea was.

Monday - PS SB/Review
Tuesday - PS SB/Review
Wednesday - Retake FL1
Thursday - Review FL and Weak Areas
Friday - AAMC FL 2

Would you recommend I just push everything back? I wanted to take AAMC 2 1 week out just to give myself enough time to fully review it, retake it if I wanted and possibly do SB again. However, since you've already been successful on the exam I figured I'd ask you. I think If I get up early enough I may be able to retake AAMC FL 1 and review it in the same day. However, I don't want to burn out by doing another FL the next day. While this may only be a day setback when I'm only 10 days out it messes a lot up!

Thanks again for all the time you're dumping into this thread.

Sounds good, thanks for the encouragement. I'll do that tonight and tomorrow. How would you recommend I adjust my studying to suit this? To try to make things easier for you I'll put what my idea was.

Monday - PS SB/Review
Tuesday - PS SB/Review
Wednesday - Retake FL1
Thursday - Review FL and Weak Areas
Friday - AAMC FL 2

Would you recommend I just push everything back? I wanted to take AAMC 2 1 week out just to give myself enough time to fully review it, retake it if I wanted and possibly do SB again. However, since you've already been successful on the exam I figured I'd ask you. I think If I get up early enough I may be able to retake AAMC FL 1 and review it in the same day. However, I don't want to burn out by doing another FL the next day. While this may only be a day setback when I'm only 10 days out it messes a lot up!

Thanks again for all the time you're dumping into this thread.

Dude no worries.. I think I would stick to the schedule you have above unless you feel super burned out part way through this week..

I just know personally that kinda of hitting the breaks five days out of my exam and just focusing on my weak areas (Chem and physics for me) really helped me to recharge my batteries. Idk if I would have felt great had I take an fl only a few days before.

Ultimately though I would just tell you to go with your gut on this.

Dude no worries.. I think I would stick to the schedule you have above unless you feel super burned out part way through this week..

I just know personally that kinda of hitting the breaks five days out of my exam and just focusing on my weak areas (Chem and physics for me) really helped me to recharge my batteries. Idk if I would have felt great had I take an fl only a few days before.

Ultimately though I would just tell you to go with your gut on this.

Good news for the first time pretty much in this whole thread. I spent literally my entire day yesterday and went through the 100 page Khan P/S notes. Made some cards of them to use but overall I feel pretty good about it. My RETAKE (making sure I bold that so no one gets confused) went well and I ended with a 523. 130/130/131/132. I'm going to go over the questions I missed. Only missed 1 on P/S but missed about 4 each on the other sections. I don't think this review will take me as long because I knew almost all the concepts on this test. The rest of today and tomorrow I'm gonna try to review this test, get a good amount or all of the P/S section bank done and memorize some things that I need to. Then AAMC 2 Friday hopefully!

When you retook your test, did you know a lot of the answers? I feel there weren't that many answers I had to sit there and think about when I saw I pretty much could have told you the answer. Just wanted to make sure I did it right!

Good news for the first time pretty much in this whole thread. I spent literally my entire day yesterday and went through the 100 page Khan P/S notes. Made some cards of them to use but overall I feel pretty good about it. My RETAKE (making sure I bold that so no one gets confused) went well and I ended with a 523. 130/130/131/132. I'm going to go over the questions I missed. Only missed 1 on P/S but missed about 4 each on the other sections. I don't think this review will take me as long because I knew almost all the concepts on this test. The rest of today and tomorrow I'm gonna try to review this test, get a good amount or all of the P/S section bank done and memorize some things that I need to. Then AAMC 2 Friday hopefully!

When you retook your test, did you know a lot of the answers? I feel there weren't that many answers I had to sit there and think about when I saw I pretty much could have told you the answer. Just wanted to make sure I did it right!

I definitely remembered a significant amount of them.. I still think getting a 523 means something though. To put it in context, I got a 519 on my AAMC FL1 retake, so you significantly outperformed me and I ultimately did well on test day. I think you should be feeling good!

AAMC FL2 will be a big indicator for you but I suspect you'll do well.

I definitely remembered a significant amount of them.. I still think getting a 523 means something though. To put it in context, I got a 519 on my AAMC FL1 retake, so you significantly outperformed me and I ultimately did well on test day. I think you should be feeling good!

AAMC FL2 will be a big indicator for you but I suspect you'll do well.

Let's hope! My general idea is if I get 506+ on AAMC 2 I'll score it. If I below I'll probably void and try to reschedule for January. It'll suck to study again but it'll suck more to get a low score and then have to average a bad score and a good score! I feel much more confident now after the SBs and after that psych and soc review than I did before. Aiming for 508-510 on FL 2.