33.8 million dollar lawsuit: Govt has to pick it up!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrCommonSense

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Miami doctor’s call to broker during baby’s delivery leads to $33.8 million judgment

Love how this works. Poor teenage moms having children in Miami Dade where the government picks up the costs of the pregnancy and delivery.

And when something goes wrong? Well the govt picks that up too!

33.8 million dollar bill for the Federal govt in ONE case.

Sounds great!

Members don't see this ad.

Perfectly reasonable. Doc is responsible for all medicals until the patient reaches the age of majority. Plus, you can be sure there are payments for pain and suffering, and punitive damages

i dont like this either. cant we subcontract out the malpractice insurance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Perfectly reasonable. Doc is responsible for all medicals until the patient reaches the age of majority. Plus, you can be sure there are payments for pain and suffering, and punitive damages

Thats doesn't sound reasonable that the taxpayer is going to be held responsible for long term care of HIGH RISK teenage mothers that probably do ZERO prenatal care, possibly are drug addicts, obese, etc.

Medicine is becoming a joke. Who would want to practice under such conditions?

Reactions: 2 users
i dont like this either. cant we subcontract out the malpractice insurance?

Who would want to give insurance for this subpopulation? Im sure it would be ASTRONOMICAL considering the risk of delivery for teenage mothers who are likely druggies, morbidly obese, illegal immigrants with zero prenatal care, etc.

OB-GYN sounded like a piece of work with bad track record

i see the problem here is, hire an ob to deliver $350 per baby...*hit like this bound to happen, yet we taxpayers pay the bill...